Pocket CHIP? Anyone?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Picked up one of these and am really digging it. Anyone else? It was my first exposure to Pico 8 and it's got me wanting to learn how to make something.

8c5b3afe671438aa6d6b08a019a3330b87f33821_1_375x500.jpg

Pic isn't mine - just for reference. I don't care about emulators on it at all. I have enough devices for that. I'm mainly digging it for Pico 8 and the music synth on it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The display is awesome, how does it look in motion?

Also that doesn't look very comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. What are you impressions? Can you remap the buttons?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The display is awesome, how does it look in motion?

Also that doesn't look very comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. What are you impressions? Can you remap the buttons?

I see it less as a handheld game player and more of a handheld computer/tinkering machine to MAKE games with. For playing Pico 8 games, it's actually fine. I find myself sitting with a DS stylus and tinkering in Pico or the built in synth more than anything. The whole thing was $50 ($70 if u preorder now)

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I remember reading about these when they were announced. Haven't seen much since. It's running a chip that's a little better than a RPi?