Games you love that kick your @$$

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So, this is a spin off on the Metal Slug side topic that got me interested. Do you have any games that you just suck at but play all the time because they are so much fun?

Ones that I have been messing with that I suck at:

Donkey Kong
Pac Man
Rastan
Volgarr the Viking
The Main Event
Ghosts and Goblins
Champion Wrestler
Ninja Gaiden 1&2 (NES)
Sunset Riders
RC Pro AM

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Gaiares, I love this game, it kicks my ass, and I keep going. I've had it a few years and I think the best I have done is get to the first part of level 4.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
Super ghouls and ghosts is awesome but it's so hard!

Sunset riders is one of my top five games and I play it quite often but I have yet to beat it on even normal.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I play Art of Fighting quite a lot, but I'm absolutely awful at it. I never get very far.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
As long as I put time in I always get better no matter how hard a game is. That being said, it comes down to the aggravation level and how much I can stand of it on a particular game. Here's a couple that I had to quit playing to keep my sanity in check and controller in one piece.

Tatsujin PCE
Jim Power SNES

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
As long as I put time in I always get better no matter how hard a game is. That being said, it comes down to the aggravation level and how much I can stand of it on a particular game. Here's a couple that I had to quit playing to keep my sanity in check and controller in one piece.

Tatsujin PCE
Jim Power SNES

Yep pretty much. Time and motivation is all i need.

Dig Dug kicks my ass. Can never get super far.....i dont think i have even seen anything above level 15? I could probably get a lot farther if i wasnt so damn greedy but man getting a few more points with a nicely timed combo is always so satisfying. :lolz:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Blaster Master

Love the damn game, have never beaten it. Those damn Sunsoft NES games are fuckin brutal. Love the Sunsoft Batman as well, but I did actually beat that after much effort. But to this day Blaster Master still sits as the one game I've always wanted to beat but never have...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
most of the shmups i play, but i love them. uhhh after a certain while, Puzzle Fighter whoops my ass but I adore that game too. I suck at mostly everything.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Every Shmups I've played.

This right here. Also some of the really old classics like Donkey Kong, Ms Pac Man and Galaga. I've been playing them most of my life, and I'm still not very good at them.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
NetHack. I don't think I've ever gotten higher than the teens, experience level wise, before I've gotten killed by a monster or from doing something stupid, but that perma-death, randomly-generated-dungeon madness eventually always pulls me back.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Same here. I love videogames but I've never really become good at anything. I lack patience...

i'm pretty sure i have a learning disability. it seems like i actively don't learn from the consequences of my actions, so i am really bad at games. i'm better at planning actions with the comfort of time on my hands, so i play a lot of RPGs.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
NetHack. I don't think I've ever gotten higher than the teens, experience level wise, before I've gotten killed by a monster or from doing something stupid, but that perma-death, randomly-generated-dungeon madness eventually always pulls me back.

This fucking game.

When you can get on a roll, you can get really far, but when you fuck up, the game makes sure it rubs your face in it and just destroys you.

@M

20 Year Member
Yeah, things can go south in NetHack awful suddenly, even when you think you're doing good and your character is well equipped. I've been playing a lot of Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer on the NDS too, which is the same type of Rogue-like game, and, while still brutal, it's more user friendly as the gameplay mechanics aren't as deep/complex as NetHack's (and, no, I can't beat Shiren either).

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Dimahoo. I can make it to level 4 without much trouble, but after that point the game just becomes so hard. I put in some time trying to learn it, but still can't do well past that point. Game is amazing though. The art,music,characters. I love it all

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Siren PS2.......you have no hope in passing this game.
Ketsui......LOVE this game..... just terrible at it.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Just a few I can pick off the top of my head:

Raiden I without credit feeding (Raiden II i can just barely beat with 9 credits on PS1)
Batman (NES)
Castlevania I (Death... Every. Fucking. Time.)
Rolling Thunder (arcade)
Nam 1975
DoDonPachi
Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3 (NES - I beat NG1 once, and that was by sheer luck, but a "W" is a "W")

-SD-

Camel Slug
Viewpoint. It makes me rage at times, but it's so damn pretty.

@M

20 Year Member
Yeah, Viewpoint is nasty. I think it's the size of the ship and the isometric view that fucks me up when it comes to dodging projectiles. I never beat it without cheating. Still love that crab boss tho'

geise

Mickey's Coach
Ikaruga - DC

Ghouls n Ghosts CPS1

Metal Slug 3 - Neo The later levels destroy me.

Last Battle / Hakuto no ken - Genesis