Denjin Makai II (Guardians) Sync issues

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I got a Korean Denjin Makai II board and it plays fine on my Sony PVM L5 but my blast city cabinet nor my capture card get a signal. The blast city has a scrambled image but you hear the game sound playing, the capture card doesn't detect a signal at all.

I told the seller and he sent a replacement without even asking for the old one back, got the replacement and it does the exact same thing. Anyone else with the Korean PCB have sync issues? I know it has an odd refresh rate (58.34hz) but from everyone else I've spoken to it worked fine in their cab.

Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
I got a Korean Denjin Makai II board and it plays fine on my Sony PVM L5 but my blast city cabinet nor my capture card get a signal. The blast city has a scrambled image but you hear the game sound playing, the capture card doesn't detect a signal at all.

I told the seller and he sent a replacement without even asking for the old one back, got the replacement and it does the exact same thing. Anyone else with the Korean PCB have sync issues? I know it has an odd refresh rate (58.34hz) but from everyone else I've spoken to it worked fine in their cab.

Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

Are both your monitors tri-sync?

Pasky

THanks but that doesn't appear to be the issue, checked continuity with pin 14 and pin 1 and they are connected so 14 is being grounded.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
THanks but that doesn't appear to be the issue, checked continuity with pin 14 and pin 1 and they are connected so 14 is being grounded.

Did you ever find a fix for this? I was looking into getting a Guardians PCB for my Blast City and stumbled across this topic...

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Did you ever find a fix for this? I was looking into getting a Guardians PCB for my Blast City and stumbled across this topic...

Last I checked with him he didn't. Some boards just don't like certain monitors.

Pasky

According to that, I have two legitimate World versions, they're not missing mask roms. So that thread is wrong. It's not just the 'bootleg' version giving issues. It's definitely a h-hold or v-hold issue with the sync.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
You say scrambled image in the first post, which is not really the same thing as a vertical or horizontal hold issue. It would be best if you could upload a video or at least some pictures of the problem you're having.

Also, for anybody with arcade pcbs I say the JROK sync cleaner is an absolute must. It helps a lot with issues like this, and if that doesn't work you can fix it using an extron

Pasky

You say scrambled image in the first post, which is not really the same thing as a vertical or horizontal hold issue. It would be best if you could upload a video or at least some pictures of the problem you're having.

Also, for anybody with arcade pcbs I say the JROK sync cleaner is an absolute must. It helps a lot with issues like this, and if that doesn't work you can fix it using an extron

I already explained the problem with the sync in the other thread. The game is drawing in the Vblank area causing some displays to freak out, the ms2931 being one of them. Some rgb monitors will work but will show wonky colors and distortions because of the Vblank area being messed with. Shifting the image out of the Vblank using an extron fixes it.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
OK. I didnt see another thread. Anyway, pics and video is always super helpful with monitor issues. Especially since someone else chimed in wanting to know...it helps create a useful database for everyone to troubleshoot.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
I tried a Japanese PCB with a MS2933 tri sync. It looks fine on that. Almost identical to an MS2931.