Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 295

Thread: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

  1. #201
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    FA Cup:
    Nottingham Forest stuns Arsenal with old American Lichaj
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42526172

    Lichaj's goals were fantastic.
    The Lichaj goals were fantastic. We did not deserve to win that game.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  2. #202
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    The Lichaj goals were fantastic. We did not deserve to win that game.
    The rumor that Wenger will step down and join the boardroom if they can get Mikel Arteta to replace him are intriguing.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  3. #203
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,646
    Wenger has been a great servant to Arsenal over the years...

    I remember the exciting brand of football... but times change...

    The vast majority of EPL teams have evolved into a more physical, more organised playing style... I do believe because of the money involved, they wish to maintain their position in the EPL league even if it is mediocre mid table...

    Teams are harder to break down and Wenger hasn't brought well over the past 5 years... so it's inevitable that he's under pressure atm...

    Saying that tho... the Arsenal fans are split whether he should go or not... change can be a scary thing tbh...

    xROTx

  4. #204
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Wenger has been a great servant to Arsenal over the years...

    I remember the exciting brand of football... but times change...

    The vast majority of EPL teams have evolved into a more physical, more organised playing style... I do believe because of the money involved, they wish to maintain their position in the EPL league even if it is mediocre mid table...

    Teams are harder to break down and Wenger hasn't brought well over the past 5 years... so it's inevitable that he's under pressure atm...

    Saying that tho... the Arsenal fans are split whether he should go or not... change can be a scary thing tbh...

    xROTx
    I personally want him to stay, but if he gets savaged all the time by asshat pundits and the fans, I think he should go when he thinks it's time. If Arteta came in, I'd be very much fine with it. He was one of my favorite players when he came to Arsenal as a player and if he gets better with Pep on the sidelines, he'd be a top man for me in the dugout.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  5. #205
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    I personally want him to stay, but if he gets savaged all the time by asshat pundits and the fans, I think he should go when he thinks it's time. If Arteta came in, I'd be very much fine with it. He was one of my favorite players when he came to Arsenal as a player and if he gets better with Pep on the sidelines, he'd be a top man for me in the dugout.
    Poor Wenger... losing away today aint gonna help his mood...

    4th is sorta gonna be a stretch for them if they keep this sort of form up...

    xROTx

    PS. Liverpool beat Man Shitty... Revenge is sweet... SWEET!

  6. #206
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Poor Wenger... losing away today aint gonna help his mood...

    4th is sorta gonna be a stretch for them if they keep this sort of form up...

    xROTx

    PS. Liverpool beat Man Shitty... Revenge is sweet... SWEET!
    Well done lads!
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  7. #207
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    The Walcott era ended today, which means there is an open hospital bed at the north London medical center.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  8. #208
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    The Walcott era ended today, which means there is an open hospital bed at the north London medical center.
    He served us well...when he was broken in a heap. Hope he shines with Everton and Big Sam....and hope Sam gives Mourinho another taste of 18th century football.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  9. #209
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    He served us well...when he was broken in a heap. Hope he shines with Everton and Big Sam....and hope Sam gives Mourinho another taste of 18th century football.
    I was wrong. Big Sam ain't helpin' Theo here after that 5-1 thrashing.

    Speaking of thrashing, what the hell happened today with Chelsea???
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  10. #210
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    I was wrong. Big Sam ain't helpin' Theo here after that 5-1 thrashing.

    Speaking of thrashing, what the hell happened today with Chelsea???
    Poor Conte... I don't think he's a bad manager...

    I feel the players just don't wanna turn up for him... it seems nowadays you have to be a child psychologist and a strategic genius to survive at Chelsea...

    xROTx

    PS. I understand why teams fire managers in fear of Relegation etc etc... but this fan/board/owner based high expectancy level type firing is somewhat unfair...

    ...and yes... I know it's mainly about teh money they would lose if the so called "BIG SIX" teams don't do well...

  11. #211
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    Conte is not a great manager. His entire track record came at Juventus - and guess what, they are pretty happy with his replacement, who was a joke at Milan for his inability to make adjustments. What did Conte do for Italy? He didn't do shit for Italy's national team.

    Italians can thank Conte for the current state of affairs where top talent shuns the Serie A, because there's no confidence in integrity. When Juve wins, everyone says the ref was given a ferrari (fiat owns ferrari). The Serie A should burn to the ground, and let Conte burn with it.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  12. #212
    King of Fighters Medic

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    What did Conte do for Italy? He didn't do shit for Italy's national team.
    He didn't, yes, but he's no exception to the rule. Top league managers are more than often bad national team coaches. Both come from different worlds. Instead of coaching their team on a daily routine, a team which they assembled to their likings from a broad international pool of players, national team managers have to live with a very limited amount of time to convey their ideas to players they'd hardly choose, if they had a choice.

    This is a two-edged sword and I don't think that Löw would be a good manager for, let's say München, since his name came up. Managers that actually were both successful in a league and a national team are scarce and this disparity has become bigger in times of such complex differentiations we face now in league football. There's also another hurdle I've been thinking about lately: priorities.

    In order to succeed with a national team, you have to become what we call in Germany a Fußballnation, a football nation. That means building structures, that means providing means and accompany players from their youngest age. That also means to sacrifice. The British are not ready to sacrifice their Premier League for a World or Europa Cup. The old continent sets different priorities. That's why in other countries, one team dominates a league, which is not the case in Britain.

    Consequently, this team is made out of 80%, what we will see in the national team, which will consist of players, who know each other. A real team, so to speak. A manager has then only to provide a good atmosphere and protect the the health and self-confidence of his players. That's why Podolski was in Brazil, that's why dehydration was such a big issue there for Löw. Anyway, it's a tl;dr story, but one that preoccupies me lately.

  13. #213
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    880
    So where's our Man City trophy parade? What happened?
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  14. #214
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,646
    The 2018 Champions League Semi-Final draw:

    Liverpool vs Roma
    Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

    ...initial impressions is that Roma and Liverpool are the happier of the teams... as they'll each fancy their chances against each other....

    The other one is MUCH tighter.... Bayern munich have already won the Bundesliga... but Real Madrid who are struggling in that league, are unpredictable enough to win...

    xROTx

  15. #215
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    The 2018 Champions League Semi-Final draw:

    Liverpool vs Roma
    Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

    ...initial impressions is that Roma and Liverpool are the happier of the teams... as they'll each fancy their chances against each other....

    The other one is MUCH tighter.... Bayern munich have already won the Bundesliga... but Real Madrid who are struggling in that league, are unpredictable enough to win...

    xROTx
    Top analysis. LFC are more complete than Roma but Daniele De Rossi is better than any player LFC has in terms of full pitch ability. He can play any midfield or defensive position, and helps wherever needed. And while Salah knows Roma, all of Roma knows Salah.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  16. #216
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    The 2018 Champions League Semi-Final draw:

    Liverpool vs Roma
    Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

    ...initial impressions is that Roma and Liverpool are the happier of the teams... as they'll each fancy their chances against each other....

    The other one is MUCH tighter.... Bayern munich have already won the Bundesliga... but Real Madrid who are struggling in that league, are unpredictable enough to win...

    xROTx
    Where's Tak? We can get a cheer going. Bayern uber alles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  17. #217
    King of Fighters Medic

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Where's Tak? We can get a cheer going. Bayern uber alles!
    It's rather Bayern, das einzig Wahre ;). Them in the CL is one of those rare occasions, where every German becomes a little Bavarian himself. My prediction: Lewandowski is so eager to go to Madrid, that he'll fight them like a lion to win this one for the Reds.

  18. #218
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,646
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Where's Tak? We can get a cheer going. Bayern uber alles!
    Tak would rather poke his own eyes out than support Bayern Munich....

    It's going to be a few interesting matches imo...

    I think the Bayern vs Real Madrid Tie will prob decide who wins the Competition tbh... but you never know... there is always hope

    xROTx

  19. #219
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,887
    Better Rot than tot
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  20. #220
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    It's rather Bayern, das einzig Wahre . Them in the CL is one of those rare occasions, where every German becomes a little Bavarian himself. My prediction: Lewandowski is so eager to go to Madrid, that he'll fight them like a lion to win this one for the Reds.
    In the words of Franck Ribéry and Karin Benzema “too old”
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  21. #221
    King of Fighters Medic

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    In the words of Franck Ribéry and Karin Benzema “too old”
    Solid argument, though sometimes it's not who you get, but whom you're taking away. See the Götze-Munich transfer, which was doomed from the start, yet substantially weakened the BVB during a pivotal period. Speculation, of course, but that's part of the fun ;).

  22. #222
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Solid argument, though sometimes it's not who you get, but whom you're taking away. See the Götze-Munich transfer, which was doomed from the start, yet substantially weakened the BVB during a pivotal period. Speculation, of course, but that's part of the fun .
    I don't think RM need to weaken Bayern. Bayern won the CL when they had the window to do so. But the team is decrepitly old now. Remember when Robben had hair, back in like 2006? That was a football career ago.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  23. #223
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I don't think RM need to weaken Bayern. Bayern won the CL when they had the window to do so. But the team is decrepitly old now. Remember when Robben had hair, back in like 2006? That was a football career ago.
    And that's still after two retirements at midfield, but I'd argue a healthy Ribery and Robben were better than any other natural wings they've had, including Costa and Coman. Robbery complimented each other very well, but that should happen with time.

    Otherwise, who's "old"? Mueller? The pace isn't there from a few years ago, I admit, but imo, their experience does well to make up for it.
    Last edited by JoeAwesome; 04-14-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  24. #224
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,388
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    And that's still after two retirements at midfield, but I'd argue a healthy Ribery and Robben were better than any other natural wings they've had, including Costa and Coman. Robbery complimented each other very well, but that should happen with time.

    Otherwise, who's "old"? Mueller? The pace isn't there from a few years ago, I admit, but imo, their experience does well to make up for it.
    The team that terrorized the CL is half gone. A lot of those players aged out. schweini, Lahm, and Robben and Ribéry to follow. Crazy how guys like Tymoshchuk, Van Buyten, and Pizarro are all almost my age and played in that team.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  25. #225
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Crazy how guys like Tymoshchuk, Van Buyten, and Pizarro are all almost my age and played in that team.
    Even making it the final against Inter, those were awful years in recent memory. An out of position CB; a tall, but slow CB; and a striker retread because the best we had was a striker who could only do well for the national team, and a FW who couldn't get his feet fucking together. Never mind Van Gaal was there. Makes it all the more commendable what Heynckes has been able to do.
    Last edited by JoeAwesome; 04-14-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •