ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Champions League last-16 draw

Juventus v Tottenham (13 February and 7 March)

Basel v Manchester City (13 February and 7 March)

Porto v Liverpool (14 February and 6 March)

Sevilla v Manchester United (21 February and 13 March)

Real Madrid v PSG (14 February and 6 March)

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma (21 February and 13 March)

Chelsea v Barcelona (20 February and 14 March)

Bayern Munich v Besiktas (20 February and 14 March)

Thoughts?

xROTx

PS. On a more fun topic: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42306141:keke:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lots of thoughts.

Tottenham’s entire focus is on the CL. They aren’t trying in the PL but they dominated their CL group stage for 3 months.

Good chance we see Zidane and Conte sacked by April.

Roma going to Shakhtar is not a good draw. Had to play in Donbass a few years ago and it was torture. Bad result. Shakhtar’s manager will probably get picked up by a PL club after this season - if Allardyce can get that team out of relegation (and collect a cool £1mm along the way)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's the CL... so all these games are gonna be tough...

I know Tottenham have dominated their group but it's Juve... so it's not gonna be a pushover...

I don't fancy Chelseas chances either...

The only UK team i feel has a fair chance is Man City... but who knows...

xROTx

PS. With the way Real Madrid have been performing in la Liga... I fancy PSG winning that one...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's the CL... so all these games are gonna be tough...

I know Tottenham have dominated their group but it's Juve... so it's not gonna be a pushover...

I don't fancy Chelseas chances either...

The only UK team i feel has a fair chance is Man City... but who knows...

xROTx

PS. With the way Real Madrid have been performing in la Liga... I fancy PSG winning that one...

City is a small man’s club funded through slavery and terrorism, so I have little respect for their chances.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

It is odd though how often teams play so differently, for better or for worse, in CL vs domestic competition.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Bayern should be able to dispose of Besiktas. "Should," being the key word.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Tak LOVES Bayern Munich...

I think the competition is pretty open...

xROTx

skull_125.gif

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I LOVE MOURINHO!!...

He always makes me smile.. and cringe a little bit...

xROTx

It’s a strong comment from Mou about how Man City are able to use terrorism funding and wealth stolen from innocent Syrians and Iraqis, as well as sex slavery, to spend inordinate amounts of money on fullbacks - and even crazier amounts on their bench depth.

You cannot compete with that unless you exploit masses through slavery and terror. But fuck every city fan. They will all be in hell soon, fucked in the ass by 40 foot demon cocks.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It’s a strong comment from Mou about how Man City are able to use terrorism funding and wealth stolen from innocent Syrians and Iraqis, as well as sex slavery, to spend inordinate amounts of money on fullbacks - and even crazier amounts on their bench depth.

You cannot compete with that unless you exploit masses through slavery and terror. But fuck every city fan. They will all be in hell soon, fucked in the ass by 40 foot demon cocks.

OK...

Sounds good... err... unexpected post:D

xROTx

PS. What if I told you... Man City are funded in reality... by Pixies?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Somebody seriously needs to investigate Mike Dean / Gollum now....we were shit against West Brom but that was NEVER EVER a penalty. What a louse...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Somebody seriously needs to investigate Mike Dean / Gollum now....we were shit against West Brom but that was NEVER EVER a penalty. What a louse...

Yeah... I didn't think it was a penalty either...

The games are coming thick and fast during this period... so many complaints from managers about playing every 48 hours... I am unsure about my views on that....

On one hand... I feel that the so called "Bigger" Teams should have a squad with enough quality to cope... so whingeing from those Teams seems silly..

On the other hand... these guys are playing at such a pace and under so much mental and physical strain... maybe some better planning would be best...

Meh... who knows... aint gonna change the FA's stance anytime soon...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah... I didn't think it was a penalty either...

The games are coming thick and fast during this period... so many complaints from managers about playing every 48 hours... I am unsure about my views on that....

On one hand... I feel that the so called "Bigger" Teams should have a squad with enough quality to cope... so whingeing from those Teams seems silly..

On the other hand... these guys are playing at such a pace and under so much mental and physical strain... maybe some better planning would be best...

Meh... who knows... aint gonna change the FA's stance anytime soon...

xROTx

Are you kidding? Bigger squads? Take a look at the bench depth on man city. Are you seriously trying to give them an excuse to sign Salah this week?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Are you kidding? Bigger squads? Take a look at the bench depth on man city. Are you seriously trying to give them an excuse to sign Salah this week?

I think.. I was trying to say that Pep, Arsene and the managers of the big clubs need to re-evaluate... and prob stop complaining all the time...

The poorer EPL teams don't have their strength in depth...

xROTx

PS. As for Salah... he seems a bargain for £35Million...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Salah and Kevin DeBruyne were at Chelsea at the same time.

Anyhow, squads have a limit, and to put teams against each other in quick succession is bad for the fans who want to see a good match, and moreover, dangerous for players. Ask Dann and Puncheon about how awesome it was to say good bye to their seasons.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Salah and Kevin DeBruyne were at Chelsea at the same time.

Anyhow, squads have a limit, and to put teams against each other in quick succession is bad for the fans who want to see a good match, and moreover, dangerous for players. Ask Dann and Puncheon about how awesome it was to say good bye to their seasons.

And their knees.

I bet Mike Dean is at home right now smiling at how much limelight he's getting...

FA probably won't change their minds about the holiday schedule soon, but wait until England bomb out of the WC again. Maybe only then will they reassess?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When teams experience ridiculous injuries, people stop watching their teams play. I imagine CP’s viewership is going to nosedive as the fans will see no point in watching them lose because they don’t have a fully functional XI, against Man City fronting a Bench XI that could qualify for the CL.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
January Transfer window is open...

Some big spending? Or Wut?

xROTx

PS. The Coutinho transfer thing needs to be resolved I suppose... I hate to see him go but TBH but he wants to...

What can ya' do?:(

Naika

Street Hoop Star
January Transfer window is open...

Some big spending? Or Wut?

xROTx

PS. The Coutinho transfer thing needs to be resolved I suppose... I hate to see him go but TBH but he wants to...

What can ya' do?:(

Coutinho's your best player and I hate to say this, but the allure of Barca / R. Madrid plus WARM WEATHER and a Holiday vacation really are massive pluses to go. Furthermore, for any South American player, it's a big dream to go there. :( I'm sure if he does go, he'll flourish, but Liv'pool should do alright this season without him.