ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Well, if he wins the UEFA Cup, you will hear a lot of whining from Liverpool and Arsenal fans.

Not entirely sure why, though. They had the same chances United had at winning the league (or top 4), and Liverpool was in UEL, too.

It's a side entrance to UCL, but I like the carrot dangled for winning the UEL.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Not entirely sure why, though. They had the same chances United had at winning the league (or top 4), and Liverpool was in UEL, too.

It's a side entrance to UCL, but I like the carrot dangled for winning the UEL.

If you ask me, United had a higher chance than us to win the league (if you look at net spend, but does that even matter some times?). My whole issue with United is that for the money spent, why play bus football? He has the personnel to play football that can win things

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
If you ask me, United had a higher chance than us to win the league (if you look at net spend, but does that even matter some times?). My whole issue with United is that for the money spent, why play bus football? He has the personnel to play football that can win things

Injuries. Yes, they happen to everyone, but between the sheer amount (especially at once) and Mou not trusting a few of his remaining players, it's forced him to change his tactics.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Looks like the Prem is finally over folks. How did your team fare?

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
My favorite Premier team is Arsenal and as you all know this season has been the poorest in the last 19 years, without winning any title and not qualifying for UCL.
Yes, I know next May 27 are goin' to play the FA Cup final but this is just an anecdote.
Maybe it's time for Wenger to think about to leave bench for the next season...

I'm sorry for Pochettino and his Spurs, I would like to see them someday winning the championship, he deservers it.

Also I liked to watch how Leicester has been able to ascend from table bottom to a meritorious 12 place.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Being a Chelsea fan I think we showed what we can do, and are capable of this year. Last season was a mess. But with a few key players, a new manager, and a shot of motivation we stacked on points and really showed some class. Spurs were our biggest rivals this year, but we held them off and they slipped toward the end. Sad to see John go, but he isn't getting any younger.

Now let's look at the FA cup and get ready for a final.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
f40bc4.jpg

Interestingly enough Arsenal finished 4 points better off than last season.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Look at the difference between Leicester winning the prem versus Chelsea this year.

Yeah, Chelsea kept the moment and were uber consistent. I'm not the biggest Chelsea fan but got to say that Conte is amazing. Congrats to them!

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Conte can walk in to any team and make the champions.
Let's just hope the others can apply abit more pressure next season and then we will see how he reacts.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Congrats to all Arsenal fans, at least a cup has been won.
Maybe next year without playing UCL and -who knows if a new coach or with Wenger- the team can be more focused in playing Premier League and they can give us a joy.

At the same time, congratulate FCB fans for winning their 29th Copa del Rey.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
That FA cup final wasn't much of a final. Chelsea played like a team already on holidays. And arsenal played like a team hungry to win at any cost. Surprised we scored a goal and it wasn't a 3-0 win for the gooners. First half an hour Chelsea were absent. Ah well, arsenal played like they really wanted it and won.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
That FA cup final wasn't much of a final. Chelsea played like a team already on holidays. And arsenal played like a team hungry to win at any cost. Surprised we scored a goal and it wasn't a 3-0 win for the gooners. First half an hour Chelsea were absent. Ah well, arsenal played like they really wanted it and won.

It was a great game, but I was REALLY surprised you guys didn't take it by the scruff of the neck. What an end to the season!
40DD7BB900000578-4547786-image-a-2_1495912463365.jpg

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
I'm an Arsenal fan, gave up my season ticket about 8 years ago when we sold Cesc.

My brother goes home and away still.

Our club is f*cked. Thank goodness Wenger stayed. He's the only person at the top of the club who honestly puts the football team first. Kronke wants to turn us into a NFL style cash cow just like his St Louis Rams, happily taking out his £3 million a year for doing nothing, and the other guy Ivan Gazidis is a wimp who won't make a tough decision.

The board withdrew / bottled the contract offer and left us in limbo to let the season filter out to nothing. Thank god we won the cup to at least bring some good feelings back to the club.

I'm seriously worried now though. Can't see how we'll keep Sanchez, will be difficult to attract top stars without CL and we don't have the money to spend like Man United do when they're in the EL.

At least Spurs won f*ck all though, as usual.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I'm an Arsenal fan, gave up my season ticket about 8 years ago when we sold Cesc.

My brother goes home and away still.

Our club is f*cked. Thank goodness Wenger stayed. He's the only person at the top of the club who honestly puts the football team first. Kronke wants to turn us into a NFL style cash cow just like his St Louis Rams, happily taking out his £3 million a year for doing nothing, and the other guy Ivan Gazidis is a wimp who won't make a tough decision.

The board withdrew / bottled the contract offer and left us in limbo to let the season filter out to nothing. Thank god we won the cup to at least bring some good feelings back to the club.

I'm seriously worried now though. Can't see how we'll keep Sanchez, will be difficult to attract top stars without CL and we don't have the money to spend like Man United do when they're in the EL.

At least Spurs won f*ck all though, as usual.

It's a really tough situation. I love Wenger but man I think Kroenke is another jerk-capitalist who owns a team in the Prem.

Let's hope we keep Ozil and Sanchez (our history with these issues says otherwise) because when they're revved up, they are dynamite.

The Cesc saga still hurts...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Just wanted to ask you all before this thread is done:

What was your Goal of the Season?

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Mmmmmm..... maybe the scorpion style used by Giroud to score against Crystal Palace?
Or maybe the majestic free kick executed by Rooney against Stoke City?

Please, someone help me to take a decision :scratch:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Cannot believe the new season is about to begin! I still don't know exactly what team is my favorite, but being less than a mile from an Arsenal bar might sway me, but I also believe I have ties to Stoke since the whole team was brought over to play in Cleveland in the United Soccer Association.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Cannot believe the new season is about to begin! I still don't know exactly what team is my favorite, but being less than a mile from an Arsenal bar might sway me, but I also believe I have ties to Stoke since the whole team was brought over to play in Cleveland in the United Soccer Association.

Yeah, really 'stoked' as well. Prem has been splashing the cash this summer, but nothing tops neymar going to PSG. Dear lawd....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It would be interesting if Barca uses that £196 neymar kitty to pillage the PL. rumor is Hazard is the top target.