ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Here's how I view Liverpool in recent years... they're a one match team...

ie. For one match.. they can be great... but they always fail somwhere and so I got use to the dissppointment of supporting them...

Recently under Klopp... they've become more high tempo and even if we lose... at least it was a fun watch...

I hate to be optimistic about Liverpools chances... as I've been kicked in the balls for too long supporting them:D

xROTx

PS. GO GO.... LLIIVVEERRRPPPOOOLLL!!!

I think that's a bit cruel to say. Remember Suarez's last season? You guys were doing well until that Crystal Palace game. That's in the past, and 'Pool under Klopp is proving to be a wise decision (and do NOT let Coutinho go).

For me, Arsenal's major weakness has been injury. It's nice to see that we've survived the lean spending years to play some lovely football, but everyone and their mothers is looking to clatter us or break our legs. I am hoping that we can survive November but time will tell. COYG!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A lot of tumors circling about mufc and MC tracking arsenal's Ozil and Sanchez

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
A lot of tumors circling about mufc and MC tracking arsenal's Ozil and Sanchez

Yeah... these sort of rumours start surfacing at this time of the year...

Sanchez is refusing to sign a new deal... Does he know something we don't?

I mean... Arsenal have a real chance this year..

xROTx

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Yeah... these sort of rumours start surfacing at this time of the year...

Sanchez is refusing to sign a new deal... Does he know something we don't?

I mean... Arsenal have a real chance this year..

xROTx

There's already been rumors that Ozil will resign, but Sanchez is the wild card. I hope he signs...

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Personally I can't wait for international break to end...not anyone I know enjoys watching England play...

Roll on Premier League at the weekend!

YNWA - in case anybody was wondering :D

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Arsenal had no impetus for about 88 minutes last weekend, but glad to see Giroud putting that frown on Mourinho's fucking face. Love it!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's been worse since his father died. He also lost his Champions League touch. I still enjoyed the game against Feyenoord.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Saw that. He's like a petulant school kid when things don't go his way.

What of UTD's chances for making Top 4 this season?

I still feel like he has a chance at the Top 4 (slim one at that), but for a club like ManU, are they content with that? As an Arsenal fan, I hated it when we were always mocked for aspiring to that, but Mourinho's not going through any lean years to buy United a new stadium is he? That to me is ironic and long may it continue for him.

And speaking of United, Howard Webb can only help you for so long...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I still feel like he has a chance at the Top 4 (slim one at that), but for a club like ManU, are they content with that? As an Arsenal fan, I hated it when we were always mocked for aspiring to that, but Mourinho's not going through any lean years to buy United a new stadium is he? That to me is ironic and long may it continue for him.

Amen.

BTW, if my username hasn't already given it away, I'm an Arsenal supporter myself. :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
To be honest... I'm getting tired of Mourinho's antics... he's become a cruel caricature of himself nowadays...

..Frankly its getting boring...

I suppose the FA have more immediate worries atm... due to the recent allegations of Abuse...

xROTx

I don't care about water bottle kicking. People need to filter out the shit news.

When you feel sick of Mourinho, it's not because of Mourinho, but because of exposure to shit news.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I don't care about water bottle kicking. People need to filter out the shit news.

When you feel sick of Mourinho, it's not because of Mourinho, but because of exposure to shit news.

Yup... thats what I meant...

It's a constant barrage of Mourinho this... Mourinho that...

It was like when Kevin Keegan had his meltdown on National Radio... poor fuck couldn't do anything without that clip being played over and over again...

xROTx

PS... Here it IS! Muhahahahahahaha!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Yup... thats what I meant...

It's a constant barrage of Mourinho this... Mourinho that...

It was like when Kevin Keegan had his meltdown on National Radio... poor fuck couldn't do anything without that clip being played over and over again...

xROTx

PS... Here it IS! Muhahahahahahaha!

Holy crap...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
What a weekend for the Premier League. Great hat trick by Sanchez and great fight back by Bournemouth. It's getting wild!
[video]http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/west-ham-vs-arsenal/west-ham-utd-vs-arsenal-extended-highlights-17-33.html[/video]

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
This season Pep Guardiola is facing off to the crude reality.
Premier League it's the only competition where it doesn't matter how much money you have or how many titles you winned before, you have to respect all teams and go out in every match like as you play the final match

I always liked Arsenal philosophy. The just need a true killer striker, and no, this isn't Alexis Sánchez

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Premier League it's the only competition where it doesn't matter how much money you have or how many titles you winned before, you have to respect all teams and go out in every match like as you play the final match

What does that even mean? What, because of Leicester?

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
What does that even mean? What, because of Leicester?

I'm not saying it just for the Leicester.
Leicester was the champion as was the Deportivo de la Coruña back in 2000.

I say this because any team in the lower zone is capable of winning teams from the high zone.
In the Premier League small teams are not like those in other leagues, they are more fighters and come out to win regardless of the team in front of them.
To get the victory in any game you have to work, there are no easy teams.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Don't slip, don't drop, don't fuck this up. I've got fingers, toes, teeth, crossed hoping this keeps going. Just win, no matter what, just win.

Keep the blue flags flying high!

JoeAwesome

I'm not saying it just for the Leicester.
Leicester was the champion as was the Deportivo de la Coruña back in 2000.

I say this because any team in the lower zone is capable of winning teams from the high zone.
In the Premier League small teams are not like those in other leagues, they are more fighters and come out to win regardless of the team in front of them.
To get the victory in any game you have to work, there are no easy teams.

In any league, any upper echelon team can lose to a relegation zone team. They don't happen often, because well, there's a reason the latter are down in the table. Good teams work at not dropping points; great teams win games. I don't agree with your sentiments on the EPL regarding titles, money and respect.

Don't slip, don't drop, don't fuck this up. I've got fingers, toes, teeth, crossed hoping this keeps going. Just win, no matter what, just win.

Keep the blue flags flying high!

KTBFFH

JoeAwesome

So what's in your opinion the most disputed league?

You want me to admit there's parity in the EPL? Fine, but you won't convince me it's because the foot of the league is that good. There's 4 or 5 teams that could win the league, but would you say any are UCL contenders?

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Maybe not many teams can win the championship but what it matters is that's not easy to win the trophy as in other leagues.
That's why I say Premier League is the most enjoyable championship from the old continent, you have to work hard in every game if you don't want to see weaker teams above yours.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
So Costa wants to go to China. Or rather because some Chinese club put in some stupid offer, thinks he's worth crazy money, and wants to milk the club. Let him go. No player is bigger than their club. If he thinks he's worth that much he can fuck off and go get his pay day. He's looking at potential silverware this year, and maybe CL play next year. But yeah enjoy smog, lonesage, and fried dog.

I like Costa, I do. He's great. But if he thinks he's bigger than the team he's an idiot.

Edit: now conte has said Costa has a back injury. Diego isn't injured, he's got a whiff of himself and thinks he's some sort of hot shot. Wonder how many Chelsea PR people it took to cook up that story.

Last edited: