ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Cool, because it gets more interesting by the minute! If Chelsea or Arsenal end up winning the UEL, and everything looks that way, the qualification for next season's UEL within the PL will include either Everton or Leicester, depending on the outcome the latter's game against Man City. Leicester has something to gain here, especially because their manager is Brendan Rodgers, who once lost the PL to City when he was Liverpool's manager. It was that 3:3 draw game against Crystal Palace aka The Eagles (hopefully not Hawks or Falcons, I have no luck with birds), that cost him the first place. So this time, it's kind of personal for Rodgers: by achieving a draw game against City today, he could stop them from winning the PL. Only thing is, it's about 1 minute left and... Leicester is loosing.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So, what were Liverpool's odds for a 4:0 against the Symbol of Catalan Pride? With their key players missing? With a 3 goal deficit in the back? Don't tell me... a lot of heart attack's followed.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Didn't think it would happen again after a similar type of scenario with Barca last year. Iniesta and Xavi must be thinking "WTF?"

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So, what were Liverpool's odds for a 4:0 against the Symbol of Catalan Pride? With their key players missing? With a 3 goal deficit in the back? Don't tell me... a lot of heart attack's followed.

Considering this was in Liverpool, where average IQ drops to 60 by aerosol, it should surprise no one. So many times the second leg sees this happen. Look at PSG vs. Man Utd for a real example of a comeback, as Man Utd did it in Paris.

Winning a comeback at home is as impressive as kissing your mom.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Winning a comeback at home is as impressive as kissing your mom.

Well, winning it against Barcelona while lying three goals behind is at least as impressive as kissing your hot stepmom -- but yeah, that's one way to see it. Still, a goal against at home will cost you twice as much. It makes one nervous, Ajax proved it tonight and it happened: we have a Premier League final. Could happen to the UEL, too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, winning it against Barcelona while lying three goals behind is at least as impressive as kissing your hot stepmom -- but yeah, that's one way to see it. Still, a goal against at home will cost you twice as much. It makes one nervous, Ajax proved it tonight and it happened: we have a Premier League final. Could happen to the UEL, too.

Tottenham’s win was impressive.

Liverpool is a village of illiterate cat burglars who need a mom to wipe their bums.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Your last remark sparked an instant reminiscence: LFC buying a 24 year old Balotelli for about $24 million. One mil per year, that sounds exactly like
the thinking of a scouser to me ;).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Well, how does it feel to loose the PL by one point plus goal difference to MCI? It all has kind of a Rodgers feeling to it.

I won't bother you with Bundesliga thrills, on to the UEL/CL:

Chelsea - Arsenal (May 29th)

Tottenham - Liverpool (June 1st)

Cheering for the Gunners, but Reds or Spurs? That's a tough one. I'd grant it Klopp, but won't be sorry if Pochettino makes it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Interesting that Atalanta is clutching to third place in the Serie A. No one gives two shits about that stupid team. Some people just need to learn when to fuck off to Uefa Cup.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What the PL needs is Leeds.

That second leg against Derby looks like complete horsecrap. Does Leeds do this on purpose so they can be the big fish in a small pond?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What the PL needs is Leeds.

That second leg against Derby looks like complete horsecrap. Does Leeds do this on purpose so they can be the big fish in a small pond?

Considering where they were a decade ago... they've managed to come bouncing back...

I feel they just need that extra quality and mental strength...

It'll come for them soon enough I feel... they just sorta bottled it in the last month or so...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Considering where they were a decade ago... they've managed to come bouncing back...

I feel they just need that extra quality and mental strength...

It'll come for them soon enough I feel... they just sorta bottled it in the last month or so...

xROTx

Bottling is something I suspect they intended. I’m not sure what reason it could be for, but taking a dive wouldn’t surprise me.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
SSSSOO.... Sarri is reported to have asked Chelsea to release him from Chelsea for a job at Juventus...

Im not sure what's more distressing...

The fact that Chelsea can't hold onto a manager... or the fact that Juventus already will have wriiten a clause in his contract that if he doesn't win the Champions league.... he's fired...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If Pochetino wins today, he gets released from his contract

Sooooo new Chelsea manager if that happens.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If Pochetino wins today, he gets released from his contract

Sooooo new Chelsea manager if that happens.

Job at Tottenham = assured as long as you do semi well...
Job at Chelsea = standing on a straw trap with sharpened bamboo poles at the bottom...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shameful really, to let a blind ref decide a game so early on. Possibly the most boring CL final of all time thanks to that sad sap.

Can’t imagine any intelligent Liverpool fan is happy about this either. Too much shame. No amount of masturbation could help them. But since the rest of the Liverpool chats are masturbating furiously like chimps, whatever.

Though they will try tonight, no doubt.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fair match and all

I guess

But wow that decision for a handball should have been changed to play on.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Liverpool certainly played the better football all season, but in a cup final anything can happen.

And it didn't.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
But wow that decision for a handball should have been changed to play on.

It was a highly controversial decision, but it wasn't as if Liverpool played unprofessionally. They didn't use this penalty to dominate or play dirty, which left Tottenham all the chances to even up. Yet, it was 86 °F in Madrid, PL seasons are long and most exhausting and shortly before, the Spurs had the game of their life. Doesn't the dog ever get the bone in a Greyhound race? Yeah. When it happens they can never get that dog to run again. I'd say that Tottenham got their bone against Ajax. That decision, though... highly controversial.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It was a highly controversial decision, but it wasn't as if Liverpool played unprofessionally. They didn't use this penalty to dominate or play dirty, which left Tottenham all the chances to even up

WTF? Dude please. Enough comedy. LFC shouldn't have accepted the pen. It was a meme play by a classless player.

I knew from the start that Tottenham didn't have the conviction to do what was needed to win. Real Madrid did. Always have. Cripple the star player and the goal keeper. End his career. Let him transfer to a lower division and see out his days as a has been. What a gift for Liverpool to play a team with more honor than them in a final.

Where is Karius now? In a footnote in the record of how Real Madrid won a CL.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
WTF? Dude please. Enough comedy. LFC shouldn't have accepted the pen. It was a meme play by a classless player.

I knew from the start that Tottenham didn't have the conviction to do what was needed to win. Real Madrid did. Always have. Cripple the star player and the goal keeper. End his career. Let him transfer to a lower division and see out his days as a has been. What a gift for Liverpool to play a team with more honor than them in a final.

Where is Karius now? In a footnote in the record of how Real Madrid won a CL.

Already my POTY favorite.

One question though: You knew from the start that Tottenham didn't have the conviction to do what was needed to win, how did you know that?