ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
With neoman's blessing, we now begin the new thread for the 2016- 2017 English Premier League. Will Pep Guardiola's Man Citeh become runaway winners this season? Are Liverpool title contenders? Is Diego Costa 40 years old and will Mourinho have a meltdown at Old Trafford?

Picture4.png

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
[video]http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/arsenal-vs-chelsea/goaaaal-theo-walcott-2-0.html[/video]

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Citeh look strong but for me, I have my reservations about Pep.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Why?

There are no real city fans. Phony team. Phony owners.

what makes a real fan?

Back in 1998 I remember watching them play United for the first time. At the time I really only just knew of United, Arsenal and Liverpool, but those baby blue uniforms got me hooked. I love that shad of blue so, hey, why not become a fan?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Here's a thing about "Fandom..."...

I saw people suddenly support... Newcastle... Chelsea... Man Utd... Man City...

Just because they were winning or playing a certain brand of Foozball...

I'm a Liverpool sorta guy... I supported them because at the time I started watching Football they were winning everything... Its been a tough decade or 2 for Liverpool fans...

I see the same people who loved Newcastle... now sayin' Man City is the bestest... meh... Silly dumbass fairweather supporters....

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
what makes a real fan?

Back in 1998 I remember watching them play United for the first time. At the time I really only just knew of United, Arsenal and Liverpool, but those baby blue uniforms got me hooked. I love that shad of blue so, hey, why not become a fan?

Oh really?

When Man City was in division 2 for 97/98 or 98 season when they were demoted to division 3?

You're certainly as stupid as a man city plastic fan. It must be tough when Man City plays Tottenham, figuring out which team you prefer more that moment.

Fun fact: Ryan Giggs has played more Premier League matches than Man City, and he's retired.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Oh really?

When Man City was in division 2 for 97/98 or 98 season when they were demoted to division 3?

You're certainly as stupid as a man city plastic fan. It must be tough when Man City plays Tottenham, figuring out which team you prefer more that moment.

Fun fact: Ryan Giggs has played more Premier League matches than Man City, and he's retired.

Well excuse my ignorance, seeing how I was but a teenager living on the other side of the world with 8 hours of electricity per a day. It could very well had been a rebroadcast of that particular game with United. What I do remember is that it was a 5-0 win for United and it was played at Old Trafford.

Good For Giggs. I am not a Manchester native so can't say I know the history of the Darby by heart. I am not as invested you can say and I don't have to defend why or why not I support City. I gave you my reason for following and being a fan and it all started by the color of their uniform.

Congratulations on winning the internet for today. you sure are invested in your hate for my team:mr_t:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well excuse my ignorance, seeing how I was but a teenager living on the other side of the world with 8 hours of electricity per a day. It could very well had been a rebroadcast of that particular game with United. What I do remember is that it was a 5-0 win for United and it was played at Old Trafford.

Good For Giggs. I am not a Manchester native so can't say I know the history of the Darby by heart. I am not as invested you can say and I don't have to defend why or why not I support City. I gave you my reason for following and being a fan and it all started by the color of their uniform.

Congratulations on winning the internet for today. you sure are invested in your hate for my team:mr_t:

Could it have been a rebroadcast from the future?

Because City didn't get into the Prem until 2002.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf

So the Darby started in 2002? I didn't say it was a Prem game. I'm sure if I was free, a quick google search would bring up the game.

But you know what, I do like that whole Back to the Future broadcast signal thing. Lets go with that.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member

And even then Maine road was a pretty much guaranteed 3 points. For any side.

I make no bones about it. I'd never heard of Chelsea before I met my missus. Her father has been a fan of the blues since the 60s. Used to get the ferry to Liverpool, and the old Royal Mail train down to London, then spend every penny he had to get a ticket into the bridge. He dreamed of playing for them himself. Was a decent defender in his time, but got married and had kids young. So the dream had to sit. Doesn't keep him from wishing he could have been there alongside chopper Harris.

I started following the blues in 2007-2008 season. Just in time for us to lose everything. Been a fan ever since. We need to sort out our defense in a bad way. Every game we let at least two goals through. Gary isn't up to the task, terry is old, Luiz is a wild card and a panic buy. We need heroes. Might make it over for a match this season. Did last year, probably not the best year for it. 2-2 to west ham in March. Wasn't fun.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Gary isn't up to the task, terry is old, Luiz is a wild card and a panic buy. We need heroes. Might make it over for a match this season. Did last year, probably not the best year for it. 2-2 to west ham in March. Wasn't fun.

When I saw the lineup in centre back, I had this inkling that we had a chance against you guys. We cleaved through Cahill last weekend and Luiz was never that good in his defensive duties. My surprise is with Kante since I was told he was the best thing since sliced bread but was not pressing hard enough. And Cesc was awful....absolutely out of his depth.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
So, Spurs beat Citeh. Thoughts? Is this the 'wake up call' for Pep as the BBC states?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And even then Maine road was a pretty much guaranteed 3 points. For any side.

I make no bones about it. I'd never heard of Chelsea before I met my missus. Her father has been a fan of the blues since the 60s. Used to get the ferry to Liverpool, and the old Royal Mail train down to London, then spend every penny he had to get a ticket into the bridge. He dreamed of playing for them himself. Was a decent defender in his time, but got married and had kids young. So the dream had to sit. Doesn't keep him from wishing he could have been there alongside chopper Harris.

I started following the blues in 2007-2008 season. Just in time for us to lose everything. Been a fan ever since. We need to sort out our defense in a bad way. Every game we let at least two goals through. Gary isn't up to the task, terry is old, Luiz is a wild card and a panic buy. We need heroes. Might make it over for a match this season. Did last year, probably not the best year for it. 2-2 to west ham in March. Wasn't fun.

Not a Chelsea fan but they have more premier league history than Man City.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
TBH... it's always the case where a club spending ZILLIONS will attain a new supporter base...

It's whether they can keep that base... Leeds, Newcastle, Blackburn... have all got shat on from a great height after their fall from grace...

I hate fairwether supporters... your team is your team...

5143960f5085724be9707bcd77b3622c.jpg

xROTx

Naika

Street Hoop Star
TBH... it's always the case where a club spending ZILLIONS will attain a new supporter base...

It's whether they can keep that base... Leeds, Newcastle, Blackburn... have all got shat on from a great height after their fall from grace...

I hate fairwether supporters... your team is your team...

5143960f5085724be9707bcd77b3622c.jpg

xROTx

so true, especially for Leeds. I read up on that and the heights that they've fallen from are god awful.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
SO... I watched the Liverpool vs Man Utd match on Monday...

There's parkng the bus... and then there's taking the piss... Mourinho has always had that mentality of not wanting to lose and defend like a fook...

But seriously... with like a combined 750million worth of talent on the field... I would expect a more exciting game...

xROTx

PS. I also blame Liverpool for trying to play uber tactical...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I would rather get a point than lose 3.

I suppose... meh... the only bright side is that Man Utd have Mourinho as manager...

..I find that vastly satisfying... there goes the free flowing foozball:D

xROTx

Naika

Street Hoop Star
SO... I watched the Liverpool vs Man Utd match on Monday...

There's parkng the bus... and then there's taking the piss... Mourinho has always had that mentality of not wanting to lose and defend like a fook...

But seriously... with like a combined 750million worth of talent on the field... I would expect a more exciting game...

xROTx

PS. I also blame Liverpool for trying to play uber tactical...

I'm still not happy that Arsenal lost to y'all with your damn pressing, but here's this comment from the BBC about the game that I hope will make you feel better. I LOL'd when I read it.
Mourinho Die Hard Liverpool vs Man Utd 10-17-2016.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Wow...

Tottenham drew today....

Arsenal drew today....

Liverpool are winning 2 - 0 atm...

We could be top for 24 hours... I am so wetting my pants right now...

xROTx

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Wow...

Tottenham drew today....

Arsenal drew today....

Liverpool are winning 2 - 0 atm...

We could be top for 24 hours... I am so wetting my pants right now...

xROTx

Hate to admit it, but the season is looking great for you guys. What would you say is Liverpool's biggest weakness / strength so far this season?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hate to admit it, but the season is looking great for you guys. What would you say is Liverpool's biggest weakness / strength so far this season?

Here's how I view Liverpool in recent years... they're a one match team...

ie. For one match.. they can be great... but they always fail somwhere and so I got use to the dissppointment of supporting them...

Recently under Klopp... they've become more high tempo and even if we lose... at least it was a fun watch...

I hate to be optimistic about Liverpools chances... as I've been kicked in the balls for too long supporting them:D

xROTx

PS. GO GO.... LLIIVVEERRRPPPOOOLLL!!!