ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thoughts on the England squad lads? Glad to see the back of Joe Hart, the Kerry Katona cunt.

Looking good, even spectacular, except: the goal keeper. Nick Pope has the best stats, but no experience with the national team. Pickford had a bad season in Everton, Butland is down in the Championship with the Potters. Hart has by far the most experience and World Cups demand that the most. Tough choice...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Looking good, even spectacular, except: the goal keeper. Nick Pope has the best stats, but no experience with the national team. Pickford had a bad season in Everton, Butland is down in the Championship with the Potters. Hart has by far the most experience and World Cups demand that the most. Tough choice...

I'm sure they'll do fine. The fact the Hart is out will help. He's had some howlers for the Three Lions.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Everton is poison.

Pope should be the starter based on stats.

I have slightly more faith in England succeeding than I do Belgium. What a colossal mess. How Lifeloser Martinez thought that Nainggolan should be cut while sickles loser Thorgan “lesser brother of guy who won nothing” Hazard gets a call up.

That team and the nepotism is a huge joke. Like their shit government.

On a positive note, Unai Emery is a huge scoop for the gunners. I thought Chelsea would have had the brains to jump on that one, but I guess they are still thinking about loser Allegri.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
On a positive note, Unai Emery is a huge scoop for the gunners. I thought Chelsea would have had the brains to jump on that one, but I guess they are still thinking about loser Allegri.

I'm not sure what to make of Unai Emery. Sure, he was never going to meet the high expectations at PSG, but despite the team he was given, I don't think he tried to make them better, or even left an imprint at all. It looks odd on his resume after his success at Sevilla.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not sure what to make of Unai Emery. Sure, he was never going to meet the high expectations at PSG, but despite the team he was given, I don't think he tried to make them better, or even left an imprint at all. It looks odd on his resume after his success at Sevilla.

You have to understand that PSG wasn’t his construction. He was merely brought in to manage it. And PSG is a complete joke of ownership, where the guy thinks he can just EA Fifa the team. Ton of egotistical players with zero respect or chemistry with each other (Neymar), players who were ripped out of their development stage and lost all potential whatsoever (Verratti).

Arsenal will offer a different director of personnel. It won’t be as great as the Monchi days at Sevilla maybe, but Emery has always been able to elevate his teams, as seen at Valencia and Sevilla.

JoeAwesome

You have to understand that PSG wasn’t his construction. He was merely brought in to manage it. And PSG is a complete joke of ownership, where the guy thinks he can just EA Fifa the team. Ton of egotistical players with zero respect or chemistry with each other (Neymar), players who were ripped out of their development stage and lost all potential whatsoever (Verratti).

Arsenal will offer a different director of personnel. It won’t be as great as the Monchi days at Sevilla maybe, but Emery has always been able to elevate his teams, as seen at Valencia and Sevilla.

I understand it wasn't his construction, but I'm having a hard time understanding what he "managed".

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's all change for a lot of clubs...

People are working furiously behind the scenes to appoint staff... buy players... etc etc...

As always the Managerial merry-go-round is in full swing....

I'm always interested in transfers and managerial appointments... but we have the Champions League Final on Saturday and then the World Cup...

PLENTY of things to read and analyse before the next season of the EPL... :D

xROTx

PS. Fun times :)

Naika

Street Hoop Star

Yeah, Emery I think will at least kick the team in the ass to friggin' press when they lose the ball instead of allowing the midfield to be cleaved thru like butter. I was kinda like 'huh, really?' when I first heard since all the papers were talking about Arteta and then this, to me, was left field. Emery had his press conference today, and I think he'll be good for the Gunners. Just hope that the rest of the team buy into his strategy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Somehow, despite absolving himself from deciding who's on PKs. I guess that is a feat.

I didn’t follow anything in France, like most of the world. For all I care, Emery proved himself at Valencia and Sevilla.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
For all I care, Emery proved himself at Valencia and Sevilla.

Those were great consecutive UEFA Cup finals. I remember when they won against Benfica and everyone was blaming the Bela Guttman Curse ;). But that was Emery. He also won against Klopp, another finale missed for the latter after the CL match against Bayern Munich in 2013. Hopefully his own 2nd place curse will end tomorrow.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What will Real do? Win the Champions League for the third time in a row? That would be the day...

Ha! And that was the day... hats off to Zizou, this can't be just luck. Even Mourinho failed to win the CL with Real Madrid. Klopp did his best, but if your top man is out from the field after the first quarter and the Ulreich effect hits your own goal keeper, then it's over. Still, a very good finale, but somehow that significant number of strokes of fate left me unsatisfied.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ha! And that was the day... hats off to Zizou, this can't be just luck. Even Mourinho failed to win the CL with Real Madrid. Klopp did his best, but if your top man is out from the field after the first quarter and the Ulreich effect hits your own goal keeper, then it's over. Still, a very good finale, but somehow that significant number of strokes of fate left me unsatisfied.

Did you watch the game? RM put five of their own guys in referee uniforms and tied up the real officials.

JoeAwesome

Did you watch the game? RM put five of their own guys in referee uniforms and tied up the real officials.

The first Bale goal was the only bright spot to an otherwise awful game. The Salah injury was a buzzkill, especially since the "best"-defender-expected-to-get-a-red-card didn't get sent off, but the howlers Karius had were too much to overcome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The first Bale goal was the only bright spot to an otherwise awful game. The Salah injury was a buzzkill, especially since the "best"-defender-expected-to-get-a-red-card didn't get sent off, but the howlers Karius had were too much to overcome.

I don’t know man. First goal was an error, but what was the second goal an error? I mean, Bale surprised everyone by morphing into Zlatan. I think everyone was shocked.

JoeAwesome

I don’t know man. First goal was an error, but what was the second goal an error? I mean, Bale surprised everyone by morphing into Zlatan. I think everyone was shocked.

Nope, the first and third RM goals, naturally. That third goal was dreadful as hell. The first Bale goal was a thing of beauty that no one could stop.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Now that you mentioned it...

Anyway, I'm happy for Bale. Zidane insisted, Real Madrid does not have a 'Bale problem'. This stellar come back as a joker proves him right. Though Bale's return to the PL seems more than certain, this will strengthen his position on possible transfer proceedings.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Now that you mentioned it...

Anyway, I'm happy for Bale. Zidane insisted, Real Madrid does not have a 'Bale problem'. This stellar come back as a joker proves him right. Though Bale's return to the PL seems more than certain, this will strengthen his position on possible transfer proceedings.

Bale had some interesting comments after the game. He is thinking about his future because someone at RM has decided that he shouldn’t have as much play time. The fans won’t mind if Bale leaves either because they love Isco.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Bale had some interesting comments after the game. He is thinking about his future because someone at RM has decided that he shouldn’t have as much play time. The fans won’t mind if Bale leaves either because they love Isco.

If he does go, where will it be? Not England again, right?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Japan lost today... and went through on fair play rules...

I was watching the match and the BBC commentators complained that it shouldn't be this way... etc etc...

TBH... I think it's a fair enough way of going through...

OF COURSE there are discrepancies with different referees... but I think it's a good way of doing things...

xROTx

PS. COME ON EENNGEERRR__LLUUNNDD!!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Japan lost today... and went through on fair play rules...

I was watching the match and the BBC commentators complained that it shouldn't be this way... etc etc...

TBH... I think it's a fair enough way of going through...

OF COURSE there are discrepancies with different referees... but I think it's a good way of doing things...

xROTx

PS. COME ON EENNGEERRR__LLUUNNDD!!

Who bumped the PL thread in the first place? Ban plz. There's a World cup going on ;).

Edit: I agree by the way, the last minutes looked more ridiculous, than they actually were. Poland saved their honor, Japan advanced. Everybody won in this game.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I work in D.C. and, in my opinion, this is underwhelming. He's gonna have a fun time kicking ppl in the shins when he gets mad.

I need to check the schedule for Columbus, but I need to make sure I get there before the season runs out since I bet they’ll relocate to Austin next season. I’m really bummed that Detroit didn’t get an expansion.