ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 20XX Onwards...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I don't think RM need to weaken Bayern. Bayern won the CL when they had the window to do so. But the team is decrepitly old now. Remember when Robben had hair, back in like 2006? That was a football career ago.

Maybe they don't, but CL matches are to a high degree unpredictable, a place where an old Madrid has still good chances, an old Juve had, too -- both young Paris & ManCity on the other hand gamble away their benefits. It's a turf for old foxes, where an old Lewandowski is far more worth than the immature talents of Sané.

Experience counts many times the amount of youth here and though this transfer is not likely for numerous reasons, age doesn't necessary speak against it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Maybe they don't, but CL matches are to a high degree unpredictable, a place where an old Madrid has still good chances, an old Juve had, too -- both young Paris & ManCity on the other hand gamble away their benefits. It's a turf for old foxes, where an old Lewandowski is far more worth than the immature talents of Sané.

Experience counts many times the amount of youth here and though this transfer is not likely for numerous reasons, age doesn't necessary speak against it.

One thing Arab owners can’t seem to understand is how Pro Evo and EA Fifa can’t be used to build teams. These guys slap together the biggest divas in the world, ignoring the fact that CL winning teams have historically been at least 80% loyal soldiers, and less than 20% diva. Guys like Park Ji Sung, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, Cambiasso, Milito, Zanetti, Lucio, Pandev, Maicon, Stankovic, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Pedro, David Villa, Abidal, Mascherano, and that Chelsea team filled with mostly bench depth because the starters were all either carded out or injured. You get the point.

Teams need to focus on bringing in the right mentality. No’t a Brazilian pansexual who thinks he’s CR7. But if he’s just the one guy and he deserves diva status, then it’s okay. But if you have loudmouth Dani Alves and proven man beast Cavani who was never supposed to be a bench warmer but Zlatan put him there, and then you have princess Verratti, Ben Arfa, Serge Aurier, Draxler - the players are all bigger than the club there.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So it's done. Citeh has won. Any thoughts?

It was sorta inevitable in the end...

City deserved to win the EPL... not sayin' I like it.... but they played more consistently than the teams around them...

Just goes to show lads... it's nice to have owners that are willing to spend Billions over a few years...

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
CL winning teams have historically been at least 80% loyal soldiers, and less than 20% diva. Guys like Park Ji Sung, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, [...] You get the point.

Impressive name-dropping, I get the point, indeed. This though, I find particularly interesting:

...a Brazilian pansexual who thinks he’s CR7. But if he’s just the one guy and he deserves diva status, then it’s okay.

I was thinking, how much this black gold enabled fable transfer is responsible for FCB's CL fall out this season? Hmm... and how big the fallout next season may become. It seems deserved diva status wouldn't have been that much of a price to pay, in order to tap those CL millions successfully.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Sad to see Wenger go but hopefully he'll go with a great send off. Kinda pissed to see all the journos that basically made a living bashing him prance around articles that praise, especially from that asshat Phil McNulty. Wenger deserves to get criticized for tactics and all that, but sports journos like Phil have almost a pathological obsession with finding fault with him. If anything, the best part for Wenger is that he'll be free from all the inane negativity from the club, the board and some of us Gooners. All the best Arsene...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The Terrier game yesterday was intense, I favored Swansea for the Welsh bonus but Huddersfield deserved that point. The WBA game against Tottenham last week was good, too. Way too late to make a difference, though. Hehe... the joy of relegation battles is a fine cherry on top.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The Terrier game yesterday was intense, I favored Swansea for the Welsh bonus but Huddersfield deserved that point. The WBA game against Tottenham last week was good, too. Way too late to make a difference, though. Hehe... the joy of relegation battles is a fine cherry on top.

Let's be real here...

The Relegation battle is almost always more exciting than who wins the league most years....

So much desperation... so much money at stake...

It brings the drama...

xROTx

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Let's be real here...

The Relegation battle is almost always more exciting than who wins the league most years....

So much desperation... so much money at stake...

It brings the drama...

xROTx

Could anything beat Leicester's fall, rise and fall in the first division recently?

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Not a Swansea fan by any means (Newport County lol) but the Yankee owners can fucking do one. I would not be surprised if Levien just spunked a load of Premier League money on signing Wayne Rooney to D.C. United. 12 million for Rooney, fuck me. Globalisation, Gatorade this, Lays that. MLS is donkey balls and they’ll do anything to get in on the action.

Totally agree though, the relegation drama this year has been entertaining.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not a Swansea fan by any means (Newport County lol) but the Yankee owners can fucking do one. I would not be surprised if Levien just spunked a load of Premier League money on signing Wayne Rooney to D.C. United. 12 million for Rooney, fuck me. Globalisation, Gatorade this, Lays that. MLS is donkey balls and they’ll do anything to get in on the action.

Totally agree though, the relegation drama this year has been entertaining.

The thing is that Swansea has genuinely tried to be a good team. But somehow the newly promoted teams keep doing well.

Feels very fake at times

Especially since the post Leicester euphoria wore off.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What happened with all the Wayne Rooney to Chinese Super League talk?

Supposedly he’s going to DC United.

Kind of a step down, but not surprising with the Chinese government cracking down on the money laundering system of the football teams.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
The thing is that Swansea has genuinely tried to be a good team. But somehow the newly promoted teams keep doing well.

Feels very fake at times

Especially since the post Leicester euphoria wore off.

I agree EW. The Swans had a very good run in the PL, and played some great football, but they also sold on some quality players and never replaced them. I have a nasty feeling they might do a Sunderland and slide right down the tables. Having supported Newport for a number of years, the lower leagues really are a dungeon. If you fall that far you may never return.

My dad supports Cardiff and absolutely hates the Jacks, but I would have loved to have seen both the Swans and Cardiff in the Premier League this year. Ah well, Neil Warnock banter in the Premier League it is.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I agree EW. The Swans had a very good run in the PL, and played some great football, but they also sold on some quality players and never replaced them.

Problems began when Bony delivered an unhealthy Champions League ambition and transferred to City. His tag team with Sigurðsson during the Monk period in 2014/15 was excellent.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Problems began when Bony delivered an unhealthy Champions League ambition and transferred to City. His tag team with Sigurðsson during the Monk period in 2014/15 was excellent.

Bony was good at being a big fish in a small pond. Some players need to understand that is their role.

Swans were smart 6 years ago when they got Michu off a newly promoted Rayo Vallecano. They should have continued the trend of scouting out the cheap talent.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Bony was good at being a big fish in a small pond. Some players need to understand that is their role.

Swans were smart 6 years ago when they got Michu off a newly promoted Rayo Vallecano. They should have continued the trend of scouting out the cheap talent.

This is very on-point.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Tomorrow is Klopp's final rehearsal: Liverpool FC - Brighton & Hove Albion FC. Looking forward to see Salah's condition, which lately has been worrying, to say the least.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
PL's last round was great. Hahaha... didn't expect The Magpies to be so alive, but to expect disappointing performance from Chelsea was to be expected, I guess. Anyway, Shelvey was incredible. Good sign for The Three Lions on the upcoming World Cup.

But first things first, the CL final will live up to its name with Salah back on form. The 4-0 was good enough to convince me, that Klopp won't miss the finish this time around. What will Real do? Win the Champions League for the third time in a row? That would be the day...