Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 175

Thread: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 2017

  1. #1
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792

    ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 2016 - 2017

    With neoman's blessing, we now begin the new thread for the 2016- 2017 English Premier League. Will Pep Guardiola's Man Citeh become runaway winners this season? Are Liverpool title contenders? Is Diego Costa 40 years old and will Mourinho have a meltdown at Old Trafford?

    Picture4.png
    Last edited by Naika; 09-20-2016 at 08:51 AM. Reason: typo
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  2. #2
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  3. #3
    Mr. Big's Thug
    outlaw_moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O

    Posts
    223
    City is off to a great start. So I am a happy camper.

  4. #4
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,512
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_moon View Post
    City is off to a great start. So I am a happy camper.
    Why?

    There are no real city fans. Phony team. Phony owners.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  5. #5
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Citeh look strong but for me, I have my reservations about Pep.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  6. #6
    Mr. Big's Thug
    outlaw_moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O

    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Why?

    There are no real city fans. Phony team. Phony owners.
    what makes a real fan?

    Back in 1998 I remember watching them play United for the first time. At the time I really only just knew of United, Arsenal and Liverpool, but those baby blue uniforms got me hooked. I love that shad of blue so, hey, why not become a fan?

  7. #7
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    Here's a thing about "Fandom..."...

    I saw people suddenly support... Newcastle... Chelsea... Man Utd... Man City...

    Just because they were winning or playing a certain brand of Foozball...

    I'm a Liverpool sorta guy... I supported them because at the time I started watching Football they were winning everything... Its been a tough decade or 2 for Liverpool fans...

    I see the same people who loved Newcastle... now sayin' Man City is the bestest... meh... Silly dumbass fairweather supporters....

    xROTx

  8. #8
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,512
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_moon View Post
    what makes a real fan?

    Back in 1998 I remember watching them play United for the first time. At the time I really only just knew of United, Arsenal and Liverpool, but those baby blue uniforms got me hooked. I love that shad of blue so, hey, why not become a fan?
    Oh really?

    When Man City was in division 2 for 97/98 or 98 season when they were demoted to division 3?

    You're certainly as stupid as a man city plastic fan. It must be tough when Man City plays Tottenham, figuring out which team you prefer more that moment.


    Fun fact: Ryan Giggs has played more Premier League matches than Man City, and he's retired.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  9. #9
    Mr. Big's Thug
    outlaw_moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O

    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Oh really?

    When Man City was in division 2 for 97/98 or 98 season when they were demoted to division 3?

    You're certainly as stupid as a man city plastic fan. It must be tough when Man City plays Tottenham, figuring out which team you prefer more that moment.

    Fun fact: Ryan Giggs has played more Premier League matches than Man City, and he's retired.
    Well excuse my ignorance, seeing how I was but a teenager living on the other side of the world with 8 hours of electricity per a day. It could very well had been a rebroadcast of that particular game with United. What I do remember is that it was a 5-0 win for United and it was played at Old Trafford.

    Good For Giggs. I am not a Manchester native so can't say I know the history of the Darby by heart. I am not as invested you can say and I don't have to defend why or why not I support City. I gave you my reason for following and being a fan and it all started by the color of their uniform.

    Congratulations on winning the internet for today. you sure are invested in your hate for my team

  10. #10
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,512
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_moon View Post
    Well excuse my ignorance, seeing how I was but a teenager living on the other side of the world with 8 hours of electricity per a day. It could very well had been a rebroadcast of that particular game with United. What I do remember is that it was a 5-0 win for United and it was played at Old Trafford.

    Good For Giggs. I am not a Manchester native so can't say I know the history of the Darby by heart. I am not as invested you can say and I don't have to defend why or why not I support City. I gave you my reason for following and being a fan and it all started by the color of their uniform.

    Congratulations on winning the internet for today. you sure are invested in your hate for my team
    Could it have been a rebroadcast from the future?

    Because City didn't get into the Prem until 2002.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  11. #11
    Mr. Big's Thug
    outlaw_moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O

    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Could it have been a rebroadcast from the future?

    Because City didn't get into the Prem until 2002.
    So the Darby started in 2002? I didn't say it was a Prem game. I'm sure if I was free, a quick google search would bring up the game.

    But you know what, I do like that whole Back to the Future broadcast signal thing. Lets go with that.

  12. #12
    Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Could it have been a rebroadcast from the future?

    Because City didn't get into the Prem until 2002.
    And even then Maine road was a pretty much guaranteed 3 points. For any side.

    I make no bones about it. I'd never heard of Chelsea before I met my missus. Her father has been a fan of the blues since the 60s. Used to get the ferry to Liverpool, and the old Royal Mail train down to London, then spend every penny he had to get a ticket into the bridge. He dreamed of playing for them himself. Was a decent defender in his time, but got married and had kids young. So the dream had to sit. Doesn't keep him from wishing he could have been there alongside chopper Harris.

    I started following the blues in 2007-2008 season. Just in time for us to lose everything. Been a fan ever since. We need to sort out our defense in a bad way. Every game we let at least two goals through. Gary isn't up to the task, terry is old, Luiz is a wild card and a panic buy. We need heroes. Might make it over for a match this season. Did last year, probably not the best year for it. 2-2 to west ham in March. Wasn't fun.
    cool dude

  13. #13
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan View Post
    Gary isn't up to the task, terry is old, Luiz is a wild card and a panic buy. We need heroes. Might make it over for a match this season. Did last year, probably not the best year for it. 2-2 to west ham in March. Wasn't fun.
    When I saw the lineup in centre back, I had this inkling that we had a chance against you guys. We cleaved through Cahill last weekend and Luiz was never that good in his defensive duties. My surprise is with Kante since I was told he was the best thing since sliced bread but was not pressing hard enough. And Cesc was awful....absolutely out of his depth.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  14. #14
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    So, Spurs beat Citeh. Thoughts? Is this the 'wake up call' for Pep as the BBC states?
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  15. #15
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan View Post
    And even then Maine road was a pretty much guaranteed 3 points. For any side.

    I make no bones about it. I'd never heard of Chelsea before I met my missus. Her father has been a fan of the blues since the 60s. Used to get the ferry to Liverpool, and the old Royal Mail train down to London, then spend every penny he had to get a ticket into the bridge. He dreamed of playing for them himself. Was a decent defender in his time, but got married and had kids young. So the dream had to sit. Doesn't keep him from wishing he could have been there alongside chopper Harris.

    I started following the blues in 2007-2008 season. Just in time for us to lose everything. Been a fan ever since. We need to sort out our defense in a bad way. Every game we let at least two goals through. Gary isn't up to the task, terry is old, Luiz is a wild card and a panic buy. We need heroes. Might make it over for a match this season. Did last year, probably not the best year for it. 2-2 to west ham in March. Wasn't fun.
    Not a Chelsea fan but they have more premier league history than Man City.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  16. #16
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Not a Chelsea fan but they have more premier league history than Man City.
    so-you-are-manchester-city-fan-tell-me-how-you-loved-them-before.jpg
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  17. #17
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    TBH... it's always the case where a club spending ZILLIONS will attain a new supporter base...

    It's whether they can keep that base... Leeds, Newcastle, Blackburn... have all got shat on from a great height after their fall from grace...

    I hate fairwether supporters... your team is your team...



    xROTx

  18. #18
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    TBH... it's always the case where a club spending ZILLIONS will attain a new supporter base...

    It's whether they can keep that base... Leeds, Newcastle, Blackburn... have all got shat on from a great height after their fall from grace...

    I hate fairwether supporters... your team is your team...



    xROTx
    so true, especially for Leeds. I read up on that and the heights that they've fallen from are god awful.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  19. #19
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    SO... I watched the Liverpool vs Man Utd match on Monday...

    There's parkng the bus... and then there's taking the piss... Mourinho has always had that mentality of not wanting to lose and defend like a fook...

    But seriously... with like a combined 750million worth of talent on the field... I would expect a more exciting game...

    xROTx

    PS. I also blame Liverpool for trying to play uber tactical...

  20. #20
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,512
    I would rather get a point than lose 3.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  21. #21
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I would rather get a point than lose 3.
    I suppose... meh... the only bright side is that Man Utd have Mourinho as manager...

    ..I find that vastly satisfying... there goes the free flowing foozball

    xROTx

  22. #22
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    SO... I watched the Liverpool vs Man Utd match on Monday...

    There's parkng the bus... and then there's taking the piss... Mourinho has always had that mentality of not wanting to lose and defend like a fook...

    But seriously... with like a combined 750million worth of talent on the field... I would expect a more exciting game...

    xROTx

    PS. I also blame Liverpool for trying to play uber tactical...
    I'm still not happy that Arsenal lost to y'all with your damn pressing, but here's this comment from the BBC about the game that I hope will make you feel better. I LOL'd when I read it.
    Mourinho Die Hard Liverpool vs Man Utd 10-17-2016.jpg
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  23. #23
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    Wow...

    Tottenham drew today....

    Arsenal drew today....

    Liverpool are winning 2 - 0 atm...

    We could be top for 24 hours... I am so wetting my pants right now...

    xROTx

  24. #24
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Wow...

    Tottenham drew today....

    Arsenal drew today....

    Liverpool are winning 2 - 0 atm...

    We could be top for 24 hours... I am so wetting my pants right now...

    xROTx
    Hate to admit it, but the season is looking great for you guys. What would you say is Liverpool's biggest weakness / strength so far this season?
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

  25. #25
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    Hate to admit it, but the season is looking great for you guys. What would you say is Liverpool's biggest weakness / strength so far this season?
    Here's how I view Liverpool in recent years... they're a one match team...

    ie. For one match.. they can be great... but they always fail somwhere and so I got use to the dissppointment of supporting them...

    Recently under Klopp... they've become more high tempo and even if we lose... at least it was a fun watch...

    I hate to be optimistic about Liverpools chances... as I've been kicked in the balls for too long supporting them

    xROTx

    PS. GO GO.... LLIIVVEERRRPPPOOOLLL!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •