PVM'S

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
Just giving everyone in the Houston area a heads up, I found an electronic recycling warehouse that has some pvms for sale if anyone is looking for one the company name is Texas Electronic Recyclers and the phone # is 281-477-7271. If anybody wants one from outside the Houston area i would be willing to help out.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I really want one fuck. I live in SF! Are they giving these out free or somethin?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Shipping outside of texas/houston probably wouldnt be worth it, these mothas are heavy AF.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
i agree with AJtheAishima, these things are heavy for their size. the 14 inch i got weighs in at round 30 pounds. I would be willing to test an item for someone b4 it gets shipped out. I left the number so everyone could call if they were interested in a pvm and have any questions answered that they may have:)

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Shipping outside of texas/houston probably wouldnt be worth it, these mothas are heavy AF.

I got my PVM shipped from Washington to California.
Cost me $65, but it was worth it because the PVM was only $50 from a medical surplus store.

Shipping is risky though, CRTs do not handle rough shipping conditions well.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
I have bought two through eBay and even with good packaging, they tend to get damaged. Luckily, it was cosmetic only.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What kind of prices are they selling at? I could do with a 14 incher as long as it's in good shape. Let me know grimmy.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
hey grim, did they give much of a discount on the bulk buy your friend made? Or not really, thats another thing to consider, if its worth it. I wouldnt mind doing my first RGB CMVS if i can get at PVM for cheap. Be nice to play in bed.

Last edited:

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
What kind of prices are they selling at? I could do with a 14 incher as long as it's in good shape. Let me know grimmy.
I got a 14 inch for 100 usd, and it was in really good shape, he had few more laying around with a few 20 and a 30? or 32 inch, i dont remember which one. lol

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
hey grim, did they give much of a discount on the bulk buy your friend made? Or not really, thats another thing to consider, if its worth it. I wouldnt mind doing my first RGB CMVS if i can get at PVM for cheap. Be nice to play in bed.
The guy was giving a pretty descent discount but my friend decided not to get anything bc he couldn't decide what he wanted lol

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
does everything get more expensive? I got mine for 140 or less and its a 19 . it came all spray foamed into a box(in a plastic something or another), even some under it.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
does everything get more expensive? I got mine for 140 or less and its a 19 . it came all spray foamed into a box(in a plastic something or another), even some under it.

I really think its BC of people are trying to get the best picture possible, and experience older games in a new way

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
This could've gone into the CRT Fetish Thread... or what Karou said.

read, noob, read.

My reading comprehension as a writer is horrible as you know xsq ;)

Either way I will get one of these, one day. Might need some pliers and google maps to the nearest newscast studio though first.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
14" is a great size. Personally I prefer the 20". I recommend staying away from the 29" PVM. The picture isn't as good and they tend to have more issues.

haightc

n00b
It might be worth it to me depending on shipping cost and baseline prices. I've been looking online for awhile now for an upgrade to my existing monitors

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I need one someone please hook me up. Oh I have a question will N64 games look better on a PVM?

Last edited: