CPS2 Pause Switch/CPU Halt

mikey

Marked Wolf
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone knows what pin on the DL-1625 (the CPS2's custom 68000) is the halt pin? I would like to add a pause switch to the A board, but can't find any pinout info since it's a custom variant.

Thanks!

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
You should be able to easily identify the address and data lines, then use a resistor and wire to pull down the other lines to find /HALT.

mikey

Marked Wolf
Shit break?

Yeah... I've pooped before, so that also seems like a realistic use for the switch.

You should be able to easily identify the address and data lines, then use a resistor and wire to pull down the other lines to find /HALT.

Thanks, I'll give this a go and see what I can do. What value of resistor is good? Are you just trying to isolate ground from the pins while testing, or should you use a resistor to ground a halt switch?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I was just thinking....if you have a logic probe you could search for all pins at a steady high state. Halt should be one of those if it uses the same active low /Halt as a standard 68K. Then solder a wire with resistor (470-4.7K will work fine) to a ground and test those pins.

I never worked on a CPS2 mobo, so there may be some space issues with the board stacks while doing the tests...GL!!