Waku Waku 7 Calendar images

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
So I was playing some Waku Waku 7 today and had recently changed the region on the UniBios over to Japan arcade and noticed something that I hadn't seen before after a Game Over screen. It was a picture of a calendar for March. Sadly I wasn't fast enough to catch it and pausing it with the in game UniBios menu ended up starting a new game so the picture I have of it is obscured.

How can I trigger these calendar images? Any ideas?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
So I was playing some more tonight and had my camera at the ready just in case it happened again. Sure enough, it did. Right after losing on stage 6, got the game over screen and something flashed on the screen (text cut off) but it looks really interesting. I wonder if there are 11 other images hidden that I'm just not aware of.
35132db35feb1cf0f47bd1c0762639aa.jpg

ac388c68ecc93809971e11cb512820a7.jpg

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Apparently if you let the demonstration mode to start over seven times you can view the calendar.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Interesting.

I usually play on my 4 slot so the demo mode cycles between the other games in the cab likely resetting this count. I just started running it on my MV1FZ with Japan region Bios so it gets a lot more loops on the demo play.

Does this happen only on the Japan Region Bios or does this work for U.S. And Europe as well?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
These are so cool. Just got the September one after playing a round and waiting a few demo loops.

d183913cdd74e78724c526d6f4a9e161.jpg

I'm thinking about extracting or screen grabbing all 12 of them and making a print calendar for next year.

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
These are so cool. Just got the September one after playing a round and waiting a few demo loops.

d183913cdd74e78724c526d6f4a9e161.jpg

I'm thinking about extracting or screen grabbing all 12 of them and making a print calendar for next year.

That would be pretty rad.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
i get them all the time on AES after i see the game over screen i think

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
So I've been trying to screen grab them on SDL MAME on my mac. I Do a screen recording, play a few rounds, lose, get game over and let it loop the demo for about 30 minutes. No luck seeing the calendar images. Currently looking for a method for extracting them directly from the rom data or simply triggering them at will if possible. Can't seem to get it to work.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Very cool info :D One of my favs on ROMS.

Lol, seriously though. Cool stuff!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Oh, didn't know about these.
Wondering what other cards there are.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just go on fightcade or similar emu and screen capture it, assume it would be easier and look better

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just go on fightcade or similar emu and screen capture it, assume it would be easier and look better

That's basically what I was trying to do for the screen captures. SDL MAME, softdip settings set to not show level or credit, QuickTime Player running a screen recording so I don't mis it. Can't get it to trigger on SDL MAME. At first I thought that it was because of the Bios region but changing that failed to trigger it there too.

I haven't tried running it in AES mode yet but if it gets triggered there after every game over, that would be the way to go.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Fun fact: Running the game in AES mode will cycle through the months in order after a few demo plays between each month. I was able to screen record and crop each of the 12 months and extract the first frame of the fade out to show the images without any text. Here they are in order:

01 - WW7 January - Version 2.jpg
02 - WW7 Feb - Version 2.jpg
03 - WW7 March - Version 2.jpg
04 -WW7 April - Version 2.jpg
05 - WW7 May - Version 2.jpg
06 - WW7 June - Version 2.jpg
07 - WW7 July - Version 2.jpg
08 - WW7 Aug - Version 2.jpg
09 - WW7 Sept - Version 2.jpg
10 - WW7 Oct - Version 2.jpg
11 - WW7 Nov - Version 2.jpg
12 - WW7 Dec - Version 2.jpg