Have you ever been accused of being a cheater?????

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Ive had ppl talk shit to me before for being better than them or not being as good as them. No big deal since im a casual player. Practice mode is a thing of the past for me. But acouple of days ago for the first time ever i decided to catch a quick set of SFA3 on fightcade during my lunch break. Played a brazil player by the name SatsuiNoHado. He picked charlie(a) and did some pressure, but my sagat(a) beat him so he switched to ryu(v) and ended up beating me. He was a better player overall. But he was doing stuff that didnt make sense that would catch me. Like tech roll after everything. Wasnt used to it, so i started anticipating it and doing d+lk~tiger genocide for free damage everytime he rolled. Once I did it like 2 or 3 times in a row on him. I also was doing tick throws on him off jumping lk.
He beat me the last match and I told him GG's. Cause i need to eat and get back to work. Dude started going off talking about how come everyone rage quits when i use my Vism Ryu? And then he said nice SS throw and Super macros.
Im not sure what SS throw mean but by no means do i use macros. i use 6 button joystick thats it. lol EVen though he won he still was making excuses for his easy to read patterns.
Have you guys ever had that happen to you???
I just cant stop thinking about it lol, ive been called cheap for using sagat or for ppl not like my tactics but never using macro's.:blow_top:

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Ive had ppl talk shit to me before for being better than them or not being as good as them. No big deal since im a casual player. Practice mode is a thing of the past for me. But acouple of days ago for the first time ever i decided to catch a quick set of SFA3 on fightcade during my lunch break. Played a brazil player by the name SatsuiNoHado. He picked charlie(a) and did some pressure, but my sagat(a) beat him so he switched to ryu(v) and ended up beating me. He was a better player overall. But he was doing stuff that didnt make sense that would catch me. Like tech roll after everything. Wasnt used to it, so i started anticipating it and doing d+lk~tiger genocide for free damage everytime he rolled. Once I did it like 2 or 3 times in a row on him. I also was doing tick throws on him off jumping lk.
He beat me the last match and I told him GG's. Cause i need to eat and get back to work. Dude started going off talking about how come everyone rage quits when i use my Vism Ryu? And then he said nice SS throw and Super macros.
Im not sure what SS throw mean but by no means do i use macros. i use 6 button joystick thats it. lol EVen though he won he still was making excuses for his easy to read patterns.
I just cant stop thinking about it lol, ive been called cheap for using sagat or for ppl not like my tactics but never using macro's.:blow_top:

No, I've never had that luxury. I pretty much blow at all fighting games and people usually just feel sorry for me. But of course I just keep playing them and yell and cuss a whole bunch and make excuses untili calm down later and accept the truth. Kind of a masochist in that respect.

So while I've never had that, I'd probably be the dude calling you a cheater. Not actually to you, but yelling out in my living room.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Sure, while playing NTM. People call it cheap to play with the German guy, they call it cheap when I calculate, how to balance out the wind or complain that I take this game "so serious". Yet, I could do all that and more, as long as they would win, so go figure.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I used to get all sorts of abuse when playing Virtua Fighter 5 on xBox live. Every single time I beat someone I'd get a message ranting at me. People just don't like to lose.

I've got friends that are so bad at fighters that I can stand there throwing Hadoukens (or equivalent) at them until they're dead. I find it hilarious, but they usually call me a cheat. It's not my fault that they're not smart enough to block or jump over the things :lolz:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I used to get all sorts of abuse when playing Virtua Fighter 5 on xBox live. Every single time I beat someone I'd get a message ranting at me. People just don't like to lose.

I've only experienced it with that game. I'd always send a "GG" message, win or lose, but with VF5 someone would ALWAYS send me a message saying that if it was any other game they would beat me. I dont get that on PSN, thankfully.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
This used to happen a lot to me when I played Counter Strike. Didn't help that cheating was rampant in that game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
It's just so dumb, just because I was able to punish him with a low into a super 3 times in a row makes and because I know how to time my throws makes me a macro user ? Lol technically what I did was a option select due to the fact if he didn't roll the super doesn't come out.

Man, don't get me started on tekken and psn. Playing tekken online you will get hate mail all the time. Especially if your a Paul player like me. Lol

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Man, don't get me started on tekken and psn. Playing tekken online you will get hate mail all the time. Especially if your a Paul player like me. Lol

Bryan>Paul.

It's not my fault you've been living a lie.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I used to use Paul with Bryan just for their special tag throw. Infact i picked up draggy just to use with bryan cause he has that badass tag throw when he comes out laughting and COM's ur ass. lol
But my main team is A.King and Paul. You dont know how many messages i got that said "that team is cheap, too strong", "Your lucky you got counterhit smashers on me", "play real characters" lol
They are mid tier characters too, its not like im using Bobs, Lars, Mishima, Capos.
But nothing like side step canceling into phoenix smasher for a clean or CH. LOL It makes my dick hard in the morning!!!!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Thought this thread was gonna be about side puss.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Sure, while playing NTM. People call it cheap to play with the German guy, they call it cheap when I calculate, how to balance out the wind or complain that I take this game "so serious". Yet, I could do all that and more, as long as they would win, so go figure.

Why is the German guy cheating? I always play with him.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Play any FPS on any system, and if there is a name under the sun i gaurantee some one will call you it.

Hate mail, or voice chat people dont like to lose. Even when there terrible.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Actually that's a new way to be called a cheater to me. I get the basics. Cheating for throwing, blocking, pressure, easy reads (must be psychic), fireball spamming, and I must have a lag switch at all time on me. However never had a macros complaint. Slightly envious you got a salty love note I never got before.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'm not a big fan of online play in general, but back in the day if you were playing a first person shooter and got a headshot every one would cry "Hacks!1111" regardless on if I sucked at the game in general or not. Unfortunately, hacks do ruin a lot of games, at least on PC back in the day so I could somewhat understand the paranoia. Hackers definitely got me to quit playing FPS games on PC altogether. No fun when someone spoils the game for everyone.

If I play games online now it's strictly via console without a headset. Are there even hacks in console games? Just type GG and leave when you're done.

Last edited:

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Never had the luxury of being called a cheat in online play... I've been called cheap a good few times in casual matches, though. Sometimes I deserved it, I'll admit, but most of the time they just didn't know how to beat a basic tactic. Especially Takuma and Krauser's zoning and countering.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
TLDR yea I´ve been called a cheater numerous times. It is inevitable in competitive gaming.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah... an inevitability playing online. A lot of butthurt children out there who can't handle losing.

Was particularly bad in Marvel 2 on Xbox Live. Got sooo much hate mail thanks to a couple of the achievements in that game.