Have you ever been accused of being a cheater?????

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Only time I can really remember is playing Quake 3. I can do strafe jump properly, which is not just jumping like most people do. Real strafe jump allows you to move faster and when people realise you are moving faster than them, they think you cheat. I did notice it early on, even on my own servers. It was after that I ended up using jump-maps, where strafe jump is required to move along the map. Also plasma walking, rocket jumping, or "rocket walking" are things that most players do not use.

I put rocket walking in quotes because I don't know what the term is. It is like a combination of plasma walking and rocket jumping. I can think one good example on Q3Tourney3 where you can use the rocket in the upper corner of the map and then that one shot will put you on the other side of the center building. It can also be used in Tourney 2 (I believe it is, Klesk's map) in some cases to move around the entire map on the upper portion without touching the elevated platform once. I've done it a few times but it is difficult to begin with and obv if you do it wrong you die.

I played Counterstrike back around the days when 1.6 was brand new, and accusing someone of cheating was like saying "gg"

Also MattBlah, if you played VF5, we must have played at some point. Who's your main, Brad?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I've got friends that are so bad at fighters that I can stand there throwing Hadoukens (or equivalent) at them until they're dead. I find it hilarious, but they usually call me a cheat. It's not my fault that they're not smart enough to block or jump over the things :lolz:

This reminded me of a time in the mid 90's. We had a Street Fighter II machine and I was playing a friend who was doing nothing but jump ins. It got to a point to where I said I would only hit 1 button the whole match. Roundhouse Kick. No movement. Just hit 1 button... and I won. He was not a happy camper afterwards.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Second time I clicked on this thread, went in both times also thinking side puss.

Thought "game play" forum was appropriate and clever section to place it in.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
I was really into FPSs like COD4, BF2, BFBC2, and BF3 a while back. I used to get accused of hacking all the time I took it as a compliment paid.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I played Counterstrike back around the days when 1.6 was brand new, and accusing someone of cheating was like saying "gg"

What is 1.6? I quit CS when it was just a mod for Half Life. Everyone was using wallhacks then. Back around 2000 or 2001 before Valve picked it up. Fortunately Urban Terror was still good for Quake 3, and later the multiplayer for Return to Castle Wolfenstein and later Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. There was no real reason to bother with CS. I had not revisited it since then but I may some day look at it again.