need a PC ideal for graphic Arts nonsense.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Need some recommendations and something that's not too expensive thanks.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
guess what

you don't deserve advice

bye

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The best advice I can give you is to look at the minimum/maximum system requirements for whatever artistic software it is that you want to install and use and base your buying decision on that [ideally, your machine should meet, or exceed, the maximum performance specs of the program(s) in question]. I mainly use GIMP, Irfanview, MGI Photosuite, and Microsoft Paint programs when I make or edit artwork/photos, none of which require a ton of horsepower (although GIMP can be kind of slow sometimes, depending on the size/complexity of what I'm doing).

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Need some recommendations and something that's not too expensive thanks.

In all seriousness, what applications do you plan on using? 3D Studio, Scaleform, Creative Suite? This will help to see what is recommended.

I currently use 3D Studio on my laptop and run an i7 4790K with a GTX 970m with 6GB of VRAM.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Graphic Arts? If you're just going to use the Adobe suite I would get a decent machine. Nothing crazy. Then max it out the RAM. Especially if you're going to do any print material in photoshop. If you plan to do any video editing or 3d modeling... then get a nice video cart. That's about it. Well unless you plan to do digital painting etc, in which case scoop up a wacom tablet.