Brooks Universal Fighting Board PS4 Glitch - Can't use 2 controllers at once.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Hi, hoping someone here can please help as Brooks support is pretty lol.

I've installed two Universal Fighting Boards in a pair of VSHG sticks.

The problem I am having is that whenever I try to "login" (by hitting the PS button) it logs the other stick out.

This happens both in the PS4 dash and in-game.

The firmware for both Brooks boards have been updated.

I've tried the sticks out on XBOX360, PS3 and Windows and can use both at the same time no problem. I've also tried to Google for this issue to no avail. Hoping it's something dumb that I am overlooking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a really awesome video, doubt it will help but figured it would help illustrate more:

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i dont own a ps4 but ive used mine on my friends afew times. Are you making sure to log in the second stick as the guest/other user?
Also you used the most recent update on the brooks site? i know at one point they had the new and previous updates, havent been on there in awhile since last update.
those are the two things that come to mind on the topic. Maybe a ps4 user will have some more insight.
Besides ur issue the brroks universal boards are pretty awesome, im enjoying mine

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
From a stability standpoint, I'm not a fan of the brook boards for use with PS4. What happens when brook stops playing the cat and mouse game with the firmware updates?

Regardless, a bro in need is a bro, in deed. I'm researching this.. I remember hearing about this before. Gimme a bit.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
From a stability standpoint, I'm not a fan of the brook boards for use with PS4. What happens when brook stops playing the cat and mouse game with the firmware updates?

Regardless, a bro in need is a bro, in deed. I'm researching this.. I remember hearing about this before. Gimme a bit.
Yeah, this is a point ppl made when it first came out. Its a valid point too. But as of now they are going to keep up with the CnM game since their business is based highly on its ps4 support. If in the future they do fall off and dont keep up with updates, there will be used ps4 boards from other sticks that can be used along side it for ps4 use. Hope it doesnt come down to that cause im lazy.
Ill def check back cause im curious to know what the problem is so i know incase it happens to me or a friend in the future.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
im a idiot, lol i though he was asking me if i had two NG accounts, need some sleep it seems

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
LOL this happened to me and gutsy the other day using a HRAP and an Madcatz stick...

Problem is you need to sign player 2 in as your guest account. Or make a guest account for player 2 to sign in as.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
LOL this happened to me and gutsy the other day using a HRAP and an Madcatz stick...

Problem is you need to sign player 2 in as your guest account. Or make a guest account for player 2 to sign in as.

Let me know if you need me to and I'll make a video on it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
nice, i was actually right about something, makes up for my dumb moment lol

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies gang!

Sounds about right. Brooks support actually replied with:
It’s the setting from PS4.
All you need to do is get back to the initial user selection page to designate the player with the stick.

I thought I had tried that but maybe I am doing something wrong. I tried connecting the sticks at the login screen. Maybe GUEST isn't enabled. I'll dig around my settings later when I have some time.

Weird thing is I never had this problem before on PS4 using Legacy sticks. But that probably has something to do with using a legit Dual Shock.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Updated my PS4 to version 4.00 and the dual sign-in now works. Looks like this whole time it was likely just a bug between the firmware versions on the Brooks PCBs and the PS4 itself.