portland retro gaming festival october 2016

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
What a weekend. I put in about 18 hours of volunteer work at the show, so I didn't have a lot of time to spend in the vendor's hall.
Fortunately, I had a few hours on both days where I was able to escape. It was nice being able to briefly meet up with Quan, Chris, Brad, and Carlson/16-bit.

Chris, thanks for the Supergun. I can't wait until I have a chance to unpack it and get it all set up. Thanks for sending my glamour shot to Rot, you really didn't have to...

Quan, thanks for all of your work on the Omega and BLW. I have both and they have been nothing short of solid.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Arcadeworks and Windy Gaming will be working on next.

Carlson, thanks for bringing that boxed Umihara and the rest of the SFC stuff. You clearly have good taste in games. I've also heard from a lot of attendees that really enjoyed the name change your booth went through on Sunday. Hope to see you back next year!

Brad, you seem alright. Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to talk. Glad to see another 1cc shirt at the event.

I know I don't post much on the forums here, but I've been pretty actively lurking FOREVER. Actually meeting people from here is inspiring me to get my ass out to the garage and start working on getting the cabs fixed up again. Currently have an Astro with a dead monitor (Bullshit Wei-Ya tri-sync chassis... you know the one.) and some intermittent issues with the Mini Cute monitor. Hopefully it's just a loose connection or some other easily replaceable part.

Let's do this again next year!

Also, Casa Diablo is where we take tourists. As a local, I can tell you that place is really a shitshow. You're better off at the Lucky Devil, or Devil's Point IMO.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Nope but I got a runny nose from somewhere

You might wanna get that checked out.

I forgot to mention you, though. Mah bad. Really great hanging out and talking, Brad. Hope you make it out next year.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Glad to see another 1cc shirt at the event.

That was Brad's sunday shirt I'm guessing (at least I think that was the day he had his NMK shirt on).

And I'd take a guess it was you I saw walk by at the show in the 1cc Compile shirt. Friday I had the turfies shirt on, saturday was the Neo genres shirt. Sunday I had on a Deapool shirt that no one got/understood. So maybe ya saw me. But I know I've yet to actually meet ya. I have seen ya walk by quick at past PRGE's but didn't know it at the time.

Yo cdamm, your buddy sign up here yet? Was too bad we didn't really see him till after the show sunday. He was good company fo sho.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I talked with him a lot Sunday night and since then. He and his lady are both great people.