N-Gage

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Anybody own an N-Gage? Seems like an easy to find portable gaming system with not so expensive games.

buru5

War Room Troll
I did about 10 or so years ago. Played Bomberman, Ashen, and a few others. It wasn't exactly.... good. I'd go for a GBA SP if you're looking for a cheap handheld, or a PSP. Or even one of the various DS models.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You missed the window to get into NGage.
Anything playable is actually expensive now. New old stock is mostly gone.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Are loose cards cheap at all? I was considering buying Ashen and Pathway to Glory, and maybe Pandemonium to start out with.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Wow more than I thought it would be. I wonder how much my Tapwave Zodiac with sealed Doom II and Duke Nukem Mobile. I think I just prefer playing good, non-collectible games.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like the N-Gage but there isn't a lot for it you can't get elsewhere.

I liked SonicN (but Sonic Advance is better), Tony Hawk, KOF, Bomberman, Pandemonium, Monkey Ball, and some others.

The most important advice I can give regarding the N-Gage is, if you're going to get one, get the QD. Much better controls, and you don't have to take off the battery cover to change carts.

There are a lot of handhelds that are much better than the N-Gage:
Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, 3DS (obviously)
PSP, Vita (obviously)
Game Gear
Lynx (get the Lynx II)
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Wonderswan Color (get the Swancrystal if you can find one cheap)

But if you already have all of those, N-Gage isn't a bad little handheld to kill some time with.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I like the N-Gage but there isn't a lot for it you can't get elsewhere.

I liked SonicN (but Sonic Advance is better), Tony Hawk, KOF, Bomberman, Pandemonium, Monkey Ball, and some others.

The most important advice I can give regarding the N-Gage is, if you're going to get one, get the QD. Much better controls, and you don't have to take off the battery cover to change carts.

There are a lot of handhelds that are much better than the N-Gage:
Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, 3DS (obviously)
PSP, Vita (obviously)
Game Gear
Lynx (get the Lynx II)
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Wonderswan Color (get the Swancrystal if you can find one cheap)

But if you already have all of those, N-Gage isn't a bad little handheld to kill some time with.

So what you're actually saying is the N-Gage is better than the Turbo Express?

:glee:

famicommander

15 Year Member
So what you're actually saying is the N-Gage is better than the Turbo Express?

:glee:

The Nomad and the TurboExpess are cheating. I have them both and wouldn't want to be without them, but you can't really compare a portabilzed home console to a legit portable.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Here is a very old N-Gage thread indeed. It has pics of my collection that I haven't touched in five years or more.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Here is a very old N-Gage thread indeed. It has pics of my collection that I haven't touched in five years or more.
Ha, and there I am on the first page bitching about the controls on the original model

You thinking of unloading any of those games? I might want some.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Can you still play these things online with a sim card, or are the servers long gone? I used to be obsessed with Pocket Kingdom on my Ngage back in the day, until the memory corrupted and I lost all my data.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think Virtua Cop would make for a good mobile phone (iOS, Android) game if one hasn't been already made.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I actually saw this thing being unveiled at e3, which was as memorable as that platform ever got to me. Then again, I do still have this N-Gage shaped t-shirt to keep the memories alive.

UmJVv40.jpg

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I just sold elder scrolls ngage on ebay for £52, madness. I paid £6 for it off ebay NOS 3 years ago. And its crap.

Nothing on the ngage is worth playing. By that I mean all the playable games have better versions on other formats.

It might be better than the gizmondo and game.com, but you are really close to scraping the barrel of terrible hand helds.

I paid £300 for mine on launch, such a waste. I still have it though.

It does have a version of King of Fighters...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Do game.com and it's games go for cheap nowadays or do collectors horde all of those and put them up for $150 BIN each on eBay?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I just had a quick look on ebay. Lots of new unopened game.com games for fairly little cash. So no its not collectable, yet. Hopefully it never will be.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I had a Game.com years ago when KB Toys were blowing them out for cheap. In the days before the DS it was kinda neat, but I found most games I had to be unplayable. I spent most of my time with Scrabble. :)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My first ebay purchase was a lot of 6 sealed game.com games. All of them were awful.

I'm glad that damn thing is out of my life.

"GAME.COM ACTIVE!" - fuck you

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
Every time I see this thread, I think you guys are talking about the "R-Zone". At least the N-Gage is better than that...

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
We should make a game.com thread, it says no discussing game.com in the sub domain description. Fuck the rules, I'm Tom Brady.