Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron coming to PS4

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Saturn Garegga already on my shelf..what do I care?

You demonstrate shortsightedness with this comment. A successful PS4 release of a collectible and revered 90's shmup could lead to more non-ported games in the future. Have you ever heard of Armed Police Batrider for instance?

:D

geise

Mickey's Coach
Now it makes me wonder why they didn't just go for Batrider to begin with? Possibly more expensive to acquire licensing?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
M2 is really solid, and with the new STG moniker I can only hope they have galuda and batrider in the pipeline.

I wonder if the ps3 sticks will work with these.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
M2 is really solid, and with the new STG moniker I can only hope they have galuda and batrider in the pipeline.

I wonder if the ps3 sticks will work with these.

There is a driver for PS3 sticks that the Skull Girls devs built. MK, SF, and KOF all use it for compatability , so it would be possible if M2 licenses it.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
You can just get an adapter though, right? I think you can get one for 360 sticks as well.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
You can just get an adapter though, right? I think you can get one for 360 sticks as well.
Yeah Brook makes adapters or you can switch out to one of their fighting boards (thats what I did) for Xb360,Xb1,PS3, PS4, and PC compatability.

Chempop

Unfortunate but not terribly surprising. My guess is that this is the last gen that has any physical media anyway.

Now it makes me wonder why they didn't just go for Batrider to begin with? Possibly more expensive to acquire licensing?

It's Garegga's 20th anniversary.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
No disc x_X

JFaTjgd.gif

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
¥8,500?? Are you kidding me?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Games in general are more expensive in Japan, think of when the PCE games came out, some were 6,800 yen, even with the yen being what it was back then. It was still around 60-65 bucks. LEs certainly go for more.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Games in general are more expensive in Japan, think of when the PCE games came out, some were 6,800 yen, even with the yen being what it was back then. It was still around 60-65 bucks. LEs certainly go for more.

But but but there's no game in it! If there were a disc, I'd be fine with that price.

• Game download = $20
• Art book = $15
• OST = $10
• Files = $5
• Stickers = $2
• Pin = $10
• Instructions & card = $10

OK, so it's not that far off, but it still feels like a lot for something without and actual game in it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
So for the price of a Brooks adapter and this I could get a Saturn copy if I didn't already have it.
I'll just do digital only to support future releases.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper

pHBXkp3.gif

Son of a bitch, way to spoil this physical LE package. Everything about this release sounds too perfect for this world, then this one detail that is the complete opposite of a cherry on top. They shat on top of the Sundae.

Now I'm left wishing instead that they approached this like SEGA 3D classics and built up a small catalog under this series that eventually sees a physical compilation.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
it comes with a medal....

Chempop

I was chatting with someone who was there last night, pretty interesting stuff! My god they were so anal about getting the framerate perfect on the attract demo, this is going to be an insane port.

Oh and that current/high score board, rankgraph, special weapon item chart, BOSS TIMER AND HEALTH, remaster music... etc!

It's been said that this is just the beginning of an effort to hype the genre before an original release (likely developed by former cave employees). Support these fuckers or go to hell.

Uhhh, did you mean 'only', seems spot on to me. You think these guys do this in their free time for shits and giggles (to be honest that's probably half the reason they do it). How many worldwide pre-orders do you honestly expect them to get? The profit isn't even going to be much considering manufacturing and production costs of the CD, prints, pin, packaging, etc. If they make a profit from this it's going to be from the downloads. There is almost no merchandise for Garegga, I'm personally stoked to see them making the effort with the extras in the Premium Edition.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I was chatting with someone who was there last night, pretty interesting stuff! My god they were so anal about getting the framerate perfect on the attract demo, this is going to be an insane port.

Oh and that current/high score board, rankgraph, special weapon item chart, BOSS TIMER AND HEALTH, remaster music... etc!

It's been said that this is just the beginning of an effort to hype the genre before an original release (likely developed by former cave employees). Support these fuckers or go to hell.

THANKS for the details bro! :buttrock:

That's awesome. Day 1 purchase for me. I might even get that LE after all :D

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Screw playing for points, "RANKGRAPH" is the new scoreboard! muahahaha

Also a boss timer and hp, wow that's a lot of useful info for learning the game (which to be honest I probably won't risk taking my eyes off the game to look at). Having a button mapped to A+B+C should make ship selection codes easier, but I will probably take it off the trigger to avoid accidental presses. And I like that the video doesn't have any graphical smoothing filters going on, as that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Silvergun7

n00b
Extremely hyped for this release. Glad to see that M2 is taking up the reigns on more shooter ports after their excellent release of Futari a couple years back.