Mvs garbage screen on boot, help !

Jarryson

New Challenger
Hi all (again, in my second thread),

I have 2 MVS MV1FZ boards which dont work.

The first board worked fine 3 month ago...but a day show Color Ram Bank0 error. I dont want repair this MVS.

The second MVS, on boot shows garbage screen. I have recorded a video, you can watch it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nuzi4btfkea5in4/AAC0C13jCab-XW_9fVMeDJ1Ca?dl=0

I am using parts of the first MVS board to repair the second.

The second MVS dont show nothing, one time with the neo diagnostics Bios I saw "BRAM Dead".

I have replaced the chips marked in the pic, and now i have garbage screen, Neo Diag bios doesnt show nothing, original bios the same, and the same with unibios.

I have logic probe...but I dont know well how it works...

I hope you can help me.
zwxnc4.jpg

Attachments

• zwxnc4.jpg
    zwxnc4.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 60

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Clean up your work and do some basic checks. Look for shorts, bridges, lifted pads...etc.
Also if your gonna be doing a lot of surface work look into a water based flux pastes. They don't leave that sticky sludge rosin does.

Jarryson

New Challenger
I will try to clean the board, but I think clean it inst going to do the board works (my opinion of course).

I have checked a lot of traces and all seem to be ok, i have checked voltage too and is ok.

Jarryson

New Challenger
I have cleaned all the board and have changed some more chip (SFIX, LCSP2, all memories except ram 9 and 10) and now when boot is the same, but with white and purple colors and some characters.