Dragon Quest VII remake for 3DS

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I can't wait to get this. I thought it would never come out over here. But I do still have to play DQ VI...

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Hero: Warrior > Dancer for sword dance
Maribel: Dancer > Warrior for sword dance
Ruff: Shepherd > Thief for all the zero point skills for now

I'm only lvl 20

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'd change one of them into a Priest (Maribel if possible because she has a good deal of MP/Wisdom). Also, it's worth considering what secondary jobs you want your team to be doing in advance so you don't have to grind job levels because you're missing a completed job.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I was gonna grind out like I did on the PS1 version just to get the most skills on the path to hero. This also assuming the combined job skills are the same.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It's a bit different in this version just because you don't get to keep your secondary or tertiary job skills, you only carry over Base job skills. So to get the most skills you'd have to do all Base jobs and whatever secondary jobs you want to access Hero. But I'd say Hero will have more/different skills than in the PS1 version, as all of the secondary jobs I've completed are slightly different to the ps1 skills lists.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm not exactly stuck but I really detest the area I'm at right now with the trap town/penal colony area after getting robbed of all magic/skills. I went in and did the first run to the mountain town and made it down to where you get auto-KO'd, but when I went back in those 2 asswipe bosses killed me fairly quick with a lot of repeated lucky criticals taking out the hero pretty fast then it was downhill from there. After that I kind of stopped playing 2 days ago other than to level up one level on everyone I think they're like 17, 17, 16 now. It pissed me off how unnecessarily cheapass that fight was with the double teaming criticals half the time. I'm around 20hours into it minus the time lost on that crap.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who's bothered by lack of real color manual? For $40, I expect to be able to have something to read physically.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Am I the only one who's bothered by lack of real color manual? For $40, I expect to be able to have something to read physically.

Yea, I think you're the only one bothered. There hasn't been a manual in a 3DS game for a long time. Even the River City Ransom manual is like a 4 page fold out.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yea, I think you're the only one bothered. There hasn't been a manual in a 3DS game for a long time. Even the River City Ransom manual is like a 4 page fold out.

The days of manual are over since most games have tutorials in them now. I miss the days of manuals, they make good restroom reading material.

Hows that new River City game? I've been patiently waiting for a price drop.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The days of manual are over since most games have tutorials in them now. I miss the days of manuals, they make good restroom reading material.

Hows that new River City game? I've been patiently waiting for a price drop.

One word, AWESOME.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Im about 40hrs in the game seems way easier than the PS1 port. Tamer is like a must have class for clearing out dungeons lol

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I found that it was much easier as well. There is a difficulty spike when you face Orgodemir at the very end of the game, but still not too difficult if you've got some decent jobs maxed out. Everything else was a breeze.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Nah I kinda don't like the inclusion of manuals either.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nah I kinda don't like the inclusion of manuals either.

Truth be told? I can't even stand manuals anymore. I find them in boxes all the time when digging through closets nowadays. I chuck them in the trash if they are not with the game,(mostly because I don't own the game anymore), they just take up more space that I don't have.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I finished this back in January, but I just wanted to pop in here and say that I really loved this remake. I never played the original and I'd heard mixed things about it, so it was a pleasant surprise that this version was so good. I think it's definitely one of the best looking 3DS games too, the 3D effect really adds a lot. It was my Sunday afternoon go-to for months when there was no good football on.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
It just gets a bit boring and feels stretched to me. I'll finish it but doubt I'll ever start over.