Sega Saturn Game of The Month #1 Virtua Cop

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Like most others I haven't played this game in over a decade. I still have a saturn light gun but it won't work on my LCD so controller will be the way to go.

I sold my PAL copy years ago so I've had to pick another one up. This guy is selling a few JAP copies cheap ebay so I've nabbed one, but it might help others out (he ships worldwide): www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182042936890

I'll hopefully be playing it this coming weekend :) how long this score rota up for?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Not played this game in many year's either, loved it back in the day.
I still got a pair of saturn light gun's knocking around, but the game has long gone.
Pointless anyway's coz i ain't had a CRT since about 2010.
I miss my LGG's, you can't beat blasting away with a plastic gun in the living room like you're dirty harry lol.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
cb6b0dc7ad3cffafb1793c0fce5881c0.jpg

Huge game today, no hits until midway thru 2nd stage so I had the multiplier up to x7 or x8. I had a 'perfect' stage one and had around 850k at the end. If you get a couple more background guys or justice shots than I did I'm sure you could get that up a bit more. I still need practice on stage 2.

I'm playing the Jap version with a US Saturn on a NEC XP29 Crt for what it's worth.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
cb6b0dc7ad3cffafb1793c0fce5881c0.jpg

Huge game today, no hits until midway thru 2nd stage so I had the multiplier up to x7 or x8. I had a 'perfect' stage one and had around 850k at the end. If you get a couple more background guys or justice shots than I did I'm sure you could get that up a bit more. I still need practice on stage 2.

I'm playing the Jap version with a US Saturn on a NEC XP29 Crt for what it's worth.

Those are some killer scores man! I'm at about 400k. Still working ti get a reasonable score to post so that I dont look so terrible compared to yours.

Any more tips?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Those are some killer scores man! I'm at about 400k. Still working ti get a reasonable score to post so that I dont look so terrible compared to yours.

Any more tips?

It's better to get 2-3 shots per bad guy if you can. Particularly the higher your multiplier is (yellow bar with x number below in the top right corner). Justice shots are worth 5k which is nice, but they don't get the multiplier applied to them so if you hit a guy 3 times and the score pops up as 1200 it's really 1200 x your multiplier. As well as the fact that it's harder to hit their gun and easy to just put a couple bullets in them.

Also, you can shoot any bad guy not just the ones with reticles.

If you get hit or shoot an innocent your multiplier drops by 2 so once you get into higher amounts it's not a huge deal as you're still really boosting your score. It's when you tank it and get hit a couple times in short order that hurts. If you could no miss into stage 3 you could prob max the score out, a bit over 9 mil.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Nice one, thanks for this. I'm gonna try and get mine done this weekend.

No worries. It's a night and day difference, if you do it right you get a hair trigger. If you check the forum thread other people had their own unique ways of securing the switch.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I figured I should at least get on the board to get some more entries up.

vc.jpg

csauce

n00b
It sucks, I own every Saturn game but no CRT :(. I can't play any of my favorite light gun games :(((

csauce

n00b
I love Virtua Cop and can't play it because I only have an HDTV. Several of my favorite Saturn games I can't play because of that.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I love Virtua Cop and can't play it because I only have an HDTV. Several of my favorite Saturn games I can't play because of that.

CRT's are cheap (or free) all over the place man, especially with Saturn and Dreamcast why exclude the ability to play the gun games!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

Than why own them?

If you care unable to make use of something, set it free...

csauce

n00b
Eventually I'll have room for a nice CRT so in the meantime I get to look at the physical game as well as have it now in case it goes up in price.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Eventually I'll have room for a nice CRT so in the meantime I get to look at the physical game as well as have it now in case it goes up in price.

Virtua Cop?

They gave that game away for free... How do you figure it will "go up in price"?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Has room for entire Saturn collection, but no room for a CRT. One of those is a lie.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Virtua Cop?

They gave that game away for free... How do you figure it will "go up in price"?

Probably doesn't own any saturn games for reference point.

What I wanna know is..why isn't there a score table for this?

ps, I don't own virtual cop.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

You are gonna get along just fine here...

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
1a783de8767d68510284890e37b9fa67.jpg

Finally cracked 2 mil, still can't finish the 2nd stage though I'm getting better at it.

csauce

n00b
Well at the moment I have to decide between fitting a 65" Plasma HDTV in my TV room or a heavy, bulky CRT. I'm going to go with the 65" lol