Sega Saturn Game of The Month #1 Virtua Cop

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
50873-virtua-cop-sega-saturn-front-cover.jpg

Hey everyone, welcome to the first Sega Saturn game of the month. Starting off with a classic, Virtua Cop. So get your guns ready!

Here are the settings:

Difficulty: Normal
Life: 5
Continue: No Credit
Sight: Yes
Start At Stage One
Lightgun or Controller (although lightgun is highly recommended)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Scoring:

The_Chosen_One1,819,500
FilthyRear886,500

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I heard it was up your but.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
I can't wait to post a high score on this. I just got ousted from the top 3 in the August SotM, so I hope to place in the top three on this one to save my gamer card from being cut up.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Well if you're looking to gain momentum for this, you've picked the wrong game.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
s

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I'm hyped, I've actually been putting in some time on this lately!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Well if you're looking to gain momentum for this, you've picked the wrong game.

lol

Well in any case im in. My Saturn is hooked up and ready to go. Plus its always a good time to play a light gun shooter :)

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
It might be fun if folks reported the size of their CRT (and if you want to be pedantic, the distance you are from it). I'm just curious to see if it's better to have a larger screen (move the gun more, but have bigger targets) or to be on a smaller screen (move the gun less, but have smaller targets). Perhaps a weird request for info, but we're all gear-heads here, so... Might be interesting to other folks as well.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Just dug up my saturn last week. Any suggestions on where to pick up a lightgun these days without breaking the bank?

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Just dug up my saturn last week. Any suggestions on where to pick up a lightgun these days without breaking the bank?

Look in your local retro game shops. I see them around semi-regularly. I picked up 3 in the last year or so for about $20-$30 each. I bought 2 in NYC at random shops (one was broken, but sold as working), and a 3rd one here in Toronto at a local shop. So yeah, check your local retro-shops as your first bet. Just ask around for a SEGA Stunner.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Dickie plz, stick to lobbying for biological imperatives. This recent video game hipsterism is clearly gotten to your head, letting you discard simple manners.

Please accept my apologies.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Please accept my apologies.

That's alright, best of luck to all your entrepreneur ambitions and... all of your future scores around here, too. If anything, then this shows, how simple life can be. No need to complicate it. As for me, I like it simple. See You Space Cowboy...

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Just a heads-up in case anyone didn't know, but this game does support the Saturn mouse, even tho there's no mention of it on the box or the manual. The sequel supports the mouse too.

If you don't have a light gun or a CRT, using the mouse definitely beats using a controller.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
ae652b1a5af6f441310b8f5ab1ab9c91.jpg

Played a couple quick games and did alright on the one. Haven't played this game in a long time.

Edit: realized shooting people multiple times really adds to the score

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How did it compare to the arcade? Never put many hours on the console version, but i'd imagine it's close right?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Haven't been able to put in much time, as the daughter wants to "help" me mid run...

Gonna try and put one in tomorrow.