Sega Saturn Game of The Month #1 Virtua Cop

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Well at the moment I have to decide between fitting a 65" Plasma HDTV in my TV room or a heavy, bulky CRT. I'm going to go with the 65" lol

Then stop complaining. No one cares that you have shit that you "can't use."

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
I love Virtua Cop and can't play it because I only have an HDTV. Several of my favorite Saturn games I can't play because of that.

You do know you can still play the game with a standard saturn pad right? Since you have every game you've must've tried it out at some point. Hmmm...for shits and giggles maybe we should do a separate score thread using only the saturn pad haha.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Nice! I will try and get some runs in on this tonight. I think I have an extra JP copy and stunner if anyone needs one.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I was playing on my 20" PVM because it handles cvid as sync, but I really wanted to play on my 27" NEC which requires csync and won't take cvid as sync.

Long story short, I just did the worlds most pointless installation of a lm1881. The saturn provides csync on a pin, but lo and be hold that pin wasn't wired through to the scart end of the cable. Short of rerouting a trace inside the system itself (fuck that) I was left with either buying a new cable or just installing a sync separator. I had the parts on hand, so sync separator won that battle.

My scores still suck but I'm getting towards a million. I'm hoping the bigger tube will help me out a bit.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Bollocks, this game is rock hard after a bottle of wine and not playing it for 14 or 15 years.

Suffice to say my copy arrived and I've given it a play after my girlfriend has gone to bed. It didn't go well.

I'm finding it hard to be precise with a control pad, but that also might be the 」4 bottle of cheap red wine I've been drinking.

I also found the game way too fast. Then I remembered I used to play this on 50hz PAL saturn. But it also might be the cheap wine.

I also used to play this game with a lightgun, I think that would help at least a bit.

No score from me today (no point) but I'll keep practising... when more sober :)

I read somewhere that light guns MAY work on some plasma tv's. I have a 60' plasma... I don't think it will work but there is no harm in trying it out. I have an old light gun around somewhere...

If you need to use a pad like me, I find it easier to remap to buttons to make A shoot, B reload and R trigger for speed. You can hold down R basically all the time if you need to without fucking around with shooting / reloading.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Have fun guys. I'll sit this one out, as I don't have a light gun nor do I have the game. I'll wait until Last Gladiators or Die Hard Arcade is up for play.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Have fun guys. I'll sit this one out, as I don't have a light gun nor do I have the game. I'll wait until Last Gladiators or Die Hard Arcade is up for play.

Yeah I'm sitting it out too. I'll be waiting for Psychic Assassin Taromaru and Shin Shinobi Den.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Too bad my Stunners don't like to work these days.

Still need buy Psychic Assasin... and I will if I can find one for less than 700bucks

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I was playing on my 20" PVM because it handles cvid as sync, but I really wanted to play on my 27" NEC which requires csync and won't take cvid as sync.

Long story short, I just did the worlds most pointless installation of a lm1881. The saturn provides csync on a pin, but lo and be hold that pin wasn't wired through to the scart end of the cable. Short of rerouting a trace inside the system itself (fuck that) I was left with either buying a new cable or just installing a sync separator. I had the parts on hand, so sync separator won that battle.

My scores still suck but I'm getting towards a million. I'm hoping the bigger tube will help me out a bit.

i never did get around to doing that stunner cherry switch mod you suggested. i do have a bunch of new cherry switches on hand so i suppose i should get to that,

also gonna need to position my tv. its too low right now for light gun games and i'll be damned if i sit down while playing