BlackaneseNiNjA's neo junk

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Kick ass collection.
Love all the books.

I love flipping through old books and mags.
Always reminds of being a kid and wishing I could afford certain games and systems, and what I could do to get to play them.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Killer setup! Love all the posters, you've got a great setup.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Kick ass collection.
Love all the books.

I love flipping through old books and mags.
Always reminds of being a kid and wishing I could afford certain games and systems, and what I could do to get to play them.

I'm with ya. The nostalgia factor is a big reason I enjoy looking through older game magazines so much. Especially in the case of SNK, I constantly re-read a lot of the mooks and data books in an effort to gain additional insight into the character and game concept development. Good stuff!

Killer setup! Love all the posters, you've got a great setup.

Thanks radiantsvgun! I appreciate it!

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Yes Yes Yes a gamer / collector nice set up man and it looks functional. Junk you say huh? deceptive little bastard you. My stuff is in a trunk pushed in a closet except
a consolized MVS that has had KOF98 stuck inside for Months now

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks hippo!
I've mentioned some of this stuff in other threads and have been slow to photograph it, but here's some snk toys, statues, and collectibles. It's been interesting to watch SNK toy merchandise evolve over the years. Collectible character statues transitioning from unassembled garage kits, to painted resin, pvc, and now larger scale coldcast releases have been a welcome change.

snk collectible statues and toys 1.jpg

snk collectible statues and toys 2.JPG

snk collectible statues and toys 3.JPG

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I need to get me one of those large expensive Morrigan statues (or 5)

Beautiful pics baby

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I'm totally with ya, slyvie. One can never have too much morrigan ;)

Even outside of their arcades and indoor amusement centers, I've always found snk's franchise/world building focus to be fascinating. Their legacy extended to tons of character merchandise, character albums, and tons of other items that helped bring their world to life. SNK characters always just had that special factor that made them all just so damn cool.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Wow,nice collection buddy!
Like your arcade cabinets,never owned an cabinet but i'd like to have one some day:)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just getting around to adding some old promotional materials I got earlier this year. Flyers and promo brochure for the first garou densetsu and the limited model neo cd:

garou densetsu promos a.JPG

garou densetsu promos b.JPG

garou densetsu promo c.JPG

garoudensetsu promo d.JPG

neo geo cd limited model flyer a.JPG

neo geo cd limited model flyer b.JPG

I have a lot of old neo flyers and promo stuff. I have most in sheet protectors, but it may be time to scrapbook some of the loose stuff.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A splendid AES selection, though I would've expect WW7 instead of Gowcaizer. On the other hand, unexpected things make a collection truly exciting. I also like it, that your game room is your bedroom at the same time: a place where dreams are forged and dreams come true at the same time. Quite poetic.

Congrats my NiNjA!!!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Great collection! Also, one of the few who can actually read the JPN stuff he is collecting..kudos :)

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Your collection looks like that dream rig contest that they used to run out of the back of the Electronic Gaming Monthly. Nice job sir!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I'm always interested in anything snk related, but I do tend to have a bias for stuff that comes from 1992-1995. SNK had a lot of money to throw around back then and there was a ton of side projects, promotions, and merchandise during that time that I thought was really cool.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'll take that Fatal Fury MD poster you got when you're done with it, homie

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
While keeping my eye out for a small crt to use on the workbench when I am doing board or system maintenance/repairs, I managed to find a Toshiba 14AF42 over the weekend for $25. Seeing as it is a pretty nice little crt display that has component and s video inputs, I just had to give it a spin in the neo corner. The unit was surprisingly lightweight and ended up displacing a model 2 ngcd:

neo-geo-collection-corner+model-2.jpg

neo-geo-collection-corner+crt.jpg

neo-geo-collection-corner+crt-on.jpg

neo-geo-collection-corner+display-crt.jpg

Aside from my arcade cabinets and a small combo crt/vcr hooked up to my other retro systems, I never bothered using a crt for the neo home systems these days due to the convenience of bigger but lightweight lcd displays (I also use the lcd tv for the hdmi input coming from the hyper64 board). Transparency effects and Pulstar in particular looked fantastic on this display compared to other crt’s I’ve had. The lcd display was just fine imho, but now I think I may just leave the crt there for the cd systems.

Last edited:
I really love your setup and your collection!!!! Awesome stuff!! I remember the ads in EGM, neat idea to collect these!!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Babe! I have a very similar Toshiba model. Carried it all the way home after paying the same price at a thrift store. Really great video display.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Alright so this is geeky af but a lot of us are trapped indoors anyway so here goes lol

I took a little inspiration from a setup that SNK did during one of their promotional popup events/shops and decided to just turn the area into a Neo Geo only section; an area that is functional but also displays some of the unique history/chronology and art of the system.

The home system, HNG64, NGCD systems, etc are still set but I wanted to display some of the neat bits of neogeo history (display boxes, flyers, ads, etc) while still having everything accessible for my weekly play (even the neogeo mini stuff in the corner is turn-on-and-play ready thanks to some auto switches and some long hdmi cables).

SNK’s display:
A1277358-563B-4F52-B7BB-16672658C93A.jpeg B8082AB6-3463-46BC-9E9E-F836540824E0.jpeg

Neo area:
2FFA5CA8-D240-4369-8E03-165F44C909BA.jpeg

4B3F7D1A-02F2-462D-A03C-1712BDF195DA.jpeg

D018D9E9-8086-4324-A7FD-9F121CE6BA06.jpeg

Last edited: