Last Blade 1 available on Steam now

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Is it DotEmu and is the netcode bad though? Not trying to be negative - I hope it's good and generates some revenue for SNK

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Worth spending the extra $100 for the MVS cart. Especially when there is already netplay via Fightcade. You could argue that sales would support SNK. Then again, it could send the message that they can charge $10 for roms and just keep re-selling the same IP over and over again.
Spoiler:

I'm looking at you Nintendo. Not. Cool.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
OR it could support the continued IP and give hope for Last Blade 3...

But I'm a cynic too.

If they do announce a direct successor one day I will eat my cart copy (sorry BB).

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Unfortunately, this hasn't shown up as a key on Humble Bundle yet.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
While I would love to see anything indicative of a LB3 release, I'm still taking the position that this is all just a cash grab for SNK. The most that we can hope for outsid of the reality distortion field would be more LB Fighters included in KOFXV
Spoiler:

I haven't played KOFXIV
Spoiler:

And probably won't get a chance to anytime soon.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Another rerelease? Why don't they try to make new games instead?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

cuz they are dirtfuckingpoor and can't afford to try new IPs

have you seen the graphics for kofxiv. it's kinda embarrassing for 2016. but it's the best they can afford.

buru5

War Room Troll
Complaining about a business going for a cash grab in a capitalistic society is asinine. They are in the business of making money. While doing so, they are making a great game available to even more people, therefore increasing awareness of the game, creating new fans, and ultimately helping their brand.

I see no problem whatsoever with this or any other similar attempts by other companies.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
I see no problem whatsoever with this or any other similar attempts by other companies.

How many times am I expected to buy Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES/SNES/GBA/WII/WIIU/3DS/NES MINI)? That's really the problem. They made a game and sell it over and over again and again. Sure, they end up getting it into the hands of new gamers. But the charm of playing it on the original cart and hardware never gets old. And they are not really offering anything new for long time fans of the game.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
That's not a fair comparison though. Nintendo not enabling cross buy on the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U Virtual Conoles is ridiculous. SNK isn't a platform holder anymore, so they have limited ability to give you access to other versions if you buy one.

Your point about original hardware of course is spot on. That's a whole different discussion though.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I'll hold you to that... here's hoping :keke:

I'll do it. And I'll raise the ante by letting you put whatever text you want on my avatar hat for six calendar months.

LB is my favorite fighter of all time but I've lost hope for LB3. Cameo appearances or another team inclusion in another KOF? Totally feasible and inevitable.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Good.

I agree about the LB series (1, 2, NGPC) so your offers will make the release of LB3 (if it ever comes out) a truly happy day even if the game sucks :keke:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Cameo appearances or another team inclusion in another KOF? Totally feasible and inevitable.

I'd bet on them in a sequel to NGBC or a new Capcom vs SNK title first. Nakoruru seemed like quite a stretch to get her in there.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
and as said probably a bunch of times she was always in games where story didn't exist or was plain silly (besides Samurai Shodown). This was the 1st time she was in something with a story behind it and it was silly fishy she was even there. Can they... yes... they could have World Heroes take over the professor's time travel thingie and just have any old team in there if they want a stupid as hell story. But will they... doubtful.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

They're too busy curing cancer and ending racism and terrorism.

Maybe after those impossible goals are achieved, they can just make new games because that's so easy for SNK to do in this market and economy.

buru5

War Room Troll
How many times am I expected to buy Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES/SNES/GBA/WII/WIIU/3DS/NES MINI)? That's really the problem. They made a game and sell it over and over again and again. Sure, they end up getting it into the hands of new gamers. But the charm of playing it on the original cart and hardware never gets old. And they are not really offering anything new for long time fans of the game.

You can buy SMB3 as many times as you want or as few times as you want. No one has a gun to your head.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk