Rage of the Dragons Shell & Label Check

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Hey guys,

I wanted to get your opinion on this copy of Rage of the Dragons. The boards are genuine, but the shell and label seem iffy. Here are my concerns.

1. Shell is yellow. I've only seen RotD in black and seafoam green shells.

2. The screws don't have washers and the screws have a point at the end of them, like they're for wood rather than for screwing things together.

3. The corners where there's a dip in the plastic for the label don't square up. (See first photo)

4. There's a big space between "video" and "system" on the label where it says "multi video system". (See first photo for this as well) That said, it's very faint, but it I can see that it is a holographic label. I'm not sure if these can be reproduced.

5. The label is upside down. (See second photo)

I'm really after a 100% original RotD, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

25sK2Eg.jpg

IBXNR5F.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Label and shell are repros.

Might want to check your camera isn't a repro as well :keke:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Disclosure - I sold this to Mark and he asked if I minded if he started the thread - which was a nice gesture and I was definitely cool getting community opinion (a swap out with my personal copy, or refund are both options at his disposal, but we wanted to check here first).

My thought was original based on where game came from (Hong Kong) and based on MVS China/Hong Kong releases at that time. Matrimelee and KoF 2002 both used a yellow shell w/holo label in that region and both were released in the same time frame as RotD.

Spoiler:
$_1.JPG

kof2002engmvs8small.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
Yup, huge props to Mike for getting back to me immediately and offering to fix the problem! And it goes without saying that this was an innocent mistake. It wasn't even until the day after I got the cart and went put it into my 1-slot that I realized something was off.

:lolz: This camera says Camom on it! Dammit, Best Buy.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah as we said in chat, the game didn't come in that color shell. If the boards are legit I wouldn't sweat it, but if you want a 100% OG copy this isn't it.

fake

15 Year Member
Cool. Just figured I'd double check since the yellow does fit with the timeframe as mjmjr pointed out.