4-in-1 action replay plus & japanese saturn console

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I used to have US saturn console and action replay plus helps me playing import games.

US saturn console + action replay = fine

I now use Japanese saturn and action replay is not working for 1/4 meg games at all. It's also not booting action replay menu at all.

I thought action replay is region free?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
If it's not booting to the AR menu, it's an issue with your cart slot connection. Try out a MB cart with a compatible game and see if your cart slot is shot or not.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
If it's not booting to the AR menu, it's an issue with your cart slot connection. Try out a MB cart with a compatible game and see if your cart slot is shot or not.

That,s the first thing i look, slot is good when i use 4meg ram with capcom fighting games.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

It could've been either of our guesses, since the non-sega carts have a thicker pcb, but if his MB carts work fine, you're probably right about a corrupt cart.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If the cart is bad you can still buy them on Amazon for a decent price. I got one a couple of months ago. And yes, they are region free. I use the same cart on both US and a Japanese system.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
If the cart is bad you can still buy them on Amazon for a decent price. I got one a couple of months ago. And yes, they are region free. I use the same cart on both US and a Japanese system.

That's what I'm thinking...................all my cheat codes are gone.................:(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Heh, I've never used the cheat codes a single time in my life. I only use it to play games of other regions.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I like to use cheat code to 1cc Warriors of Fate 2 (Tenchi Wo Kurau 2) as it's way too long (10 levels) and harder than Final Fight........

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
What does it matter to 1cc a title if you are using cheat codes?

Also, I recently got an AR from Play Asia and I think it was $30 shipped. I flashed it with Pseudo Saturn Kai and it works well.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It worked? Sweet. The one I got from Amazon wouldn't flash, but my old one from back in the day did.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Yeah, the hardest part was tricking my OG JP Saturn into thinking the lid was closed to run the flash software. I almost killed myself.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ha! One of my saturns already has a CDR mod, so that made it easy.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Some people just want to enjoy the story.

Sure, but what's the point of doing it with one credit? Doing it with many credits would be the same, no? 1CC is all abut bragging rights for using only 1 credit. It also is a way to achieve top scores.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Sure, but what's the point of doing it with one credit? Doing it with many credits would be the same, no? 1CC is all abut bragging rights for using only 1 credit. It also is a way to achieve top scores.

Well obviously, 1CC (or a no death run) with cheats does not "count" as being real. It cannot be used in competition. Same for high scores. People who cheat in high scores (aka multiplayer) are scumbags. Blame the scene for the 1CC term. LS used it but it should be obvious that once cheats are involved, it is not a "1CC" in the normal sense.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I've beaten Warriors of Fate 2 many times but once a while I would like to use cheats to beat the game just to enjoy the fun......