Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 4-in-1 action replay plus & japanese saturn console

  1. #1
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,194

    icon19.gif 4-in-1 action replay plus & japanese saturn console

    I used to have US saturn console and action replay plus helps me playing import games.

    US saturn console + action replay = fine

    I now use Japanese saturn and action replay is not working for 1/4 meg games at all. It's also not booting action replay menu at all.

    I thought action replay is region free?

  2. #2
    Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,445
    If it's not booting to the AR menu, it's an issue with your cart slot connection. Try out a MB cart with a compatible game and see if your cart slot is shot or not.

  3. #3
    CPS2 Person.
    mainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Torrance, California, USA

    Posts
    3,481
    Actually these carts are know to go bad by means of software corruption. You may need to reflash the cart.

    http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/
    http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/...nal-ss-ar-mod/
    http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/...patching-tool/


    Throne of Games


    Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

  4. #4
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,194
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    If it's not booting to the AR menu, it's an issue with your cart slot connection. Try out a MB cart with a compatible game and see if your cart slot is shot or not.
    That,s the first thing i look, slot is good when i use 4meg ram with capcom fighting games.

  5. #5
    Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    Actually these carts are know to go bad by means of software corruption. You may need to reflash the cart.

    http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/
    http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/...nal-ss-ar-mod/
    http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/...patching-tool/
    It could've been either of our guesses, since the non-sega carts have a thicker pcb, but if his MB carts work fine, you're probably right about a corrupt cart.

  6. #6
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    If the cart is bad you can still buy them on Amazon for a decent price. I got one a couple of months ago. And yes, they are region free. I use the same cart on both US and a Japanese system.

  7. #7
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,194
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    If the cart is bad you can still buy them on Amazon for a decent price. I got one a couple of months ago. And yes, they are region free. I use the same cart on both US and a Japanese system.
    That's what I'm thinking...................all my cheat codes are gone.................

  8. #8
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    Heh, I've never used the cheat codes a single time in my life. I only use it to play games of other regions.

  9. #9
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,194
    I like to use cheat code to 1cc Warriors of Fate 2 (Tenchi Wo Kurau 2) as it's way too long (10 levels) and harder than Final Fight........

  10. #10
    Withered Penis!
    gusmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    illadelph Snail Trail

    Posts
    1,135
    What does it matter to 1cc a title if you are using cheat codes?

    Also, I recently got an AR from Play Asia and I think it was $30 shipped. I flashed it with Pseudo Saturn Kai and it works well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

  11. #11
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    It worked? Sweet. The one I got from Amazon wouldn't flash, but my old one from back in the day did.

  12. #12
    Withered Penis!
    gusmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    illadelph Snail Trail

    Posts
    1,135
    Yeah, the hardest part was tricking my OG JP Saturn into thinking the lid was closed to run the flash software. I almost killed myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

  13. #13
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,175
    Ha! One of my saturns already has a CDR mod, so that made it easy.

  14. #14
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo

    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    What does it matter to 1cc a title if you are using cheat codes?
    Some people just want to enjoy the story.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

  15. #15
    Another Striker
    c0nn0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland OR

    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Some people just want to enjoy the story.
    Sure, but what's the point of doing it with one credit? Doing it with many credits would be the same, no? 1CC is all abut bragging rights for using only 1 credit. It also is a way to achieve top scores.

    Friend Code: SW-7571-0934-8991

  16. #16
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo

    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    Sure, but what's the point of doing it with one credit? Doing it with many credits would be the same, no? 1CC is all abut bragging rights for using only 1 credit. It also is a way to achieve top scores.
    Well obviously, 1CC (or a no death run) with cheats does not "count" as being real. It cannot be used in competition. Same for high scores. People who cheat in high scores (aka multiplayer) are scumbags. Blame the scene for the 1CC term. LS used it but it should be obvious that once cheats are involved, it is not a "1CC" in the normal sense.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

  17. #17
    I am untouchable Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    11,194
    I've beaten Warriors of Fate 2 many times but once a while I would like to use cheats to beat the game just to enjoy the fun......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •