Missing Neo Geo logo and sprite

Benny

n00b
Hello to all,

I have a strange problem on my MVS 1FZ board.

The problem is that I can't see some sprite on video, also the neo geo logo in the unibios setting is missing like the images in this thread http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241991-MV-1-Logos-Graphics-Missing

Basically I see only HUD sprite (insert coin, player 1, best score ecc..)

The games cart works fine in another mvs board so I suppose is not a game problem.

Thanks

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hello to all,

I have a strange problem on my MVS 1FZ board.

The problem is that I can't see some sprite on video, also the neo geo logo in the unibios setting is missing like the images in this thread http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241991-MV-1-Logos-Graphics-Missing

Basically I see only HUD sprite (insert coin, player 1, best score ecc..)

The games cart works fine in another mvs board so I suppose is not a game problem.

Thanks

HUD display is the S rom, which seems to be working fine. Try cleaning the board's slots very well, and also the cart. You can also check traces to the cart's C roms, which handle the sprites.

Regards.

Benny

n00b
HUD display is the S rom, which seems to be working fine. Try cleaning the board's slots very well, and also the cart. You can also check traces to the cart's C roms, which handle the sprites.

Regards.

Thanks for response,
there are some schematics or something useful to find the traces from C roms to board components?

Benny

n00b
Quick update,
check all traces from C roms to board chip NEO-ZMC2 and everything seems ok.
Remove the unibios and put the original bios and suddenly Video Ram error ADDRESS 00008000 WRITE 5555 READ FF00, so I suppose the two ram chips (RAM7 and RAM8) must be replaced.
I wonder why with unibios this kind of error didn't came up....

Benny

n00b
Quick update,
check all traces from C roms to board chip NEO-ZMC2 and everything seems ok.
Remove the unibios and put the original bios and suddenly Video Ram error ADDRESS 00008000 WRITE 5555 READ FF00, so I suppose the two ram chips (RAM7 and RAM8) must be replaced.
I wonder why with unibios this kind of error didn't came up....

Hi,

I've replaced the two ram chip and now there is no Video RAM error....but after the neo geo logo I didn't saw any sprite on screen, only sound :(
I've tried the same game cart into another mvs and it work fine. I don't know what to do now....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do you see the Neo geo text when you first start the game or just the SNK and lower half?