My Garage Arcade...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You should be proud. Epic set up!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
any thoughts on turning that rally-x into a new rally-x? the cpu cheatery in the original is off the charts!

mikemann

Quiz Detective
any thoughts on turning that rally-x into a new rally-x? the cpu cheatery in the original is off the charts!

It actually is. :) Just a rom swap.

It's a tough call. I like the music of Rally-x better, kinda find the music on New Rally a little annoying/grating....but yeah the difficulty of regular Rally X stinks. Graphics are slightly better and the scoring system/map is more fun. But I basically have to crank up the difficulty on New Rally to keep it interesting. It's like they went to to two extremes.

It's one of my kids favorites games though.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Epic set up, how much in terms of maintenance does it take to keep everything running?

Ok, next year when I come out, we are coming to your place brotha!

You're coming out next year??

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That's a DAMNED nice set-up, man. We need to have a meat-up at your place!

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I'm really jealous of that garage cade.

PS: I hate the OP. :loco:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
That's just awesome man! I'd love to see video - especially to hear that classic arcade sounds. Maybe jingle some coins in your pocket as you film. Seriously, what an excellent setup. What's the story behind your collection? How did you start? How long has it taken you to build this haven? Are you hiring quarter-guys?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
ok, but where do you park your car?

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member

I'll let him park his car in my spot anytime, as long as I can park my ass and coins in his garage.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Very nice setup there! I love how organized and clean it is.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Black shroud NAC FTW :buttrock: Nice Vert to Hori ratio on those candies.

mikemann

Quiz Detective
Thank you again for all the compliments. Will try to answer all the questions in one pop -

Epic set up, how much in terms of maintenance does it take to keep everything running?

Not much really, nearly everything in the arcade I’ve done some kind of restoration work on. Whether from taking a turd woodie from the ground up and making it new again to rebuilding/recapping the monitors, cleaning, restoring the original joysticks and polishing buttons, etc. Outside of PCB repair, I’ve done nearly everything on the woodie side of things. Fortunately for me, all the candies came in good shape, but as chempop noticed. I have resprayed my speaker surrounds on the NAC. I’ve got new panels and sticks/buttons on everything. I’ve polished the coatings off the tubes and in general just cleaned the hell out of them.

So fortunately when you mess with them as much as I do before hand, the maintenance has been minimal. Everything has been running strong once it gets put in the lineup. My asteroids is one that probably will need the next work in the future…thats one I didn’t work on the monitor before hand.

That's just awesome man! I'd love to see video - especially to hear that classic arcade sounds. Maybe jingle some coins in your pocket as you film. Seriously, what an excellent setup. What's the story behind your collection? How did you start? How long has it taken you to build this haven? Are you hiring quarter-guys?

I can do a video soon. No need to jingle any coins on this end…everything is on free play. I’ve got two kids - 14 & 11 now and they entertain their friends alot at our house….so lots of “tweenie” aged kids in the garage playing and hanging out. I try to do as much of it for them as I do myself and try to make it easy for anyone to play. Although I do appreciate the coin drop in a game and really playing for a quarter/yen. So don’t get me wrong…I’m in that camp as well.

I started about 4-5 years ago. Always was drawn to Candy Cabs, but they scared the shit out of me. So I got into woodies first and picked up my first NAC about a year or so ago in a trade. Been on candy craze since obviously.

I live in California - San Francisco/Bay Area…we’re fortunate enough to have great weather 90% of the year and don’t need to park our cars in the garage. But to be fair, you’re only seeing 1/3 of the garage. I’ve got a two car garage area on the opposite side that is still all “garage” and I use that as my workshop to work on games (and to have a cool couch & fridge that ebinsugewa enjoys so much. ;-)

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Very cool setup but I envy your year round dry weather. I sometimes wonder the cost and work it would take to weather proof a garage out here due to the humidity...

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Dreams made real here. So uh when you hosting a house party for us?

EDIT: Yo you live in the Bay too?! Whelp. Seriously when for that meetup? My Tuesdays are clear :)

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I live in California - San Francisco/Bay Area…we’re fortunate enough to have great weather 90% of the year and don’t need to park our cars in the garage. But to be fair, you’re only seeing 1/3 of the garage. I’ve got a two car garage area on the opposite side that is still all “garage” and I use that as my workshop to work on games (and to have a cool couch & fridge that ebinsugewa enjoys so much. ;-)
If I could have a garage like that, I wouldn't care where my car went ;) This is some epic stuff.