PS4 Slim and Pro

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Kinda ugly, but I sort of like it. Definitely prefer the OG PS4 in looks, but if this thing gets a good price cut it'd be the smarter choice.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yep, that's a dissapointment. I'd still consider it if it's substantially smaller than the PS4fat.

Edit: It's not as tall, but the footprint is basically the same. I'd probably just buy the original if it ends up being cheaper / goes on clearance.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Looks like something someone 3D printed at home.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like the sleek, sharp, OG stealth bomber look better.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Besides the design, what is different with this version?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
At least we got away from that glossy look shit has been doing for a while, absolutely disgusting. With that said, I still like the PS3 OG better than the slim.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
They really need to get this thing down to $199 or $249 at most.

Looking at the photo and the disc slot width in relation to the unit dimensions and assuming a standard disc diameter of 4.75", the console looks to be:

10.75 inches wide
2 inches tall
Approx. 10 inches deep

Compared to the current console of:

10.83 inches wide
2.08 inches tall
12 inches deep

Other than maybe being a little less deep, the unit in the photo doesn't look to be all that much slimmer. It's definitely not a Xbox One to Xbox One S like difference.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
If the HW isn't changed at all then this is the most POINTLESS HW revision I've seen in a while. Just Sony making something to "keep up" with Microsoft.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
They really need to get this thing down to $199 or $249 at most.

Looking at the photo and the disc slot width in relation to the unit dimensions and assuming a standard disc diameter of 4.75", the console looks to be:

10.75 inches wide
2 inches tall
Approx. 10 inches deep

Compared to the current console of:

10.83 inches wide
2.08 inches tall
12 inches deep

Other than maybe being a little less deep, the unit in the photo doesn't look to be all that much slimmer. It's definitely not a Xbox One to Xbox One S like difference.

and that is saying anything? considering that the Xbox One S has still more volume than the OG PS4, this PS4 slim is going to be even smaller now.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
This looks like a shitty portable hard drive enclosure. They must have hired designers from Western Digital.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
looks sturdier than the original.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I do prefer the new power and eject buttons. I can never remember which is power and eject on the current model when the lights are off.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I do prefer the new power and eject buttons. I can never remember which is power and eject on the current model when the lights are off.

++
Those stupid fucking capacitive buttons are terrible. Give me physical, well marked buttons any day.

-SD-

Camel Slug
So the Slim is finally official and the Pro doesn't have a 4K Blu-ray drive... WTF :scratch:

image.jpeg

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Too bad Sony is full of idiots and that thing is made of cheap plastic instead of superior rubber-coated aluminum like a thinkpad.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So it plays games in 4K, but won't play 4K movies. Seems legit. You know it's funny, years ago Sega was blasted for doing stuff like this, now Sony and MS are applauded for it. The irony.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So it plays games in 4K, but won't play 4K movies. Seems legit. You know it's funny, years ago Sega was blasted for doing stuff like this, now Sony and MS are applauded for it. The irony.

You won't find me applauding them...its fucking stupid that the "PRO" won't play 4K BR....