The "Relaxing" game of your choice.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've been getting really into professor layton lately, it's a great series that relaxes me while still being mentally challenging. I'm on the Last Specter, and it's got its host of good puzzles and is overall laid back. I can lose a couple of minutes here and there and it will add up to a ton of time later on.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hell yeah. My favorite Is PS IV because it had the best story and was kind of easy to pick up if you were new to the series.

Just one last thing then I'll stop derailing.

IIRC, you can use armor/shield items during a fight. May be wrong tho.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Just one last thing then I'll stop derailing.

IIRC, you can use armor/shield items during a fight. May be wrong tho.
Oooh ok. I remember an FAQ stating that actually spending the mesa on shields or armor isn't worth it for the very little amount of boost you get from it. The guy recommended buying top weapon before everything else.
Now you have me wanting to play through the game now and just take it a step at a time.

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Getting stoned + Flower (same company that did Flow and Journey) = mega relax to the extreme. No matter the day I'm having, this combination will chill me out hard.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
strangley enough Mahjong Kyo Retsuden relaxes the hell out of me (even tho i always lose)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Streets of Rage 2 relaxes me. Something about breaking a galsia's back with Max is relaxing for me.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I like relaxing with DKC 1, Flower, Pixel Junk Eden. But I also like kicking back and watching quake defrag movies. Probably my fav is:

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
Tetris, I play far too much Tetris at work when I'm stressed.

Lately I've been playing Dark Souls before bed. I'm way over-leveled and know a lot about the game so it feels as if I'm visiting a familiar place.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Devil's Crush or Final Fantasy Tactics. I have always loved grinding on FFT, puts me to sleep in no time.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
My favorite video game genres are fighting, racing and FPS titles like Infinite Warfare which I'm currently playing on my PS4. When I want a more mellow gaming experience, however, I boot up Mario Golf 64 which is a perfect title to chill out with. I find MG 64 to be very relaxing and in some ways even therapeutic.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Streets of Rage 2 relaxes me. Something about breaking a galsia's back with Max is relaxing for me.

It's great that every character in SOR2 is absolutely solid to use. You just hop on and pick who you like the most and wreck some face. I typically end up with Skate or Axle depending on my mood.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
break-his-back-and-make-him-humble.jpg

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I personally find Genital Jousting to be a very relaxing game. There is a thread on it already I believe.

More seriously - golf games are a great suggestion. I remember a crappy party game collection on the PS2 called Bomberman Hardball. The golf game on that was boring, but it supported up to 4 people at once and could be played with one hand while you rolled a joint, drank a beer or rack up a nice line. Perfect for winter nights in with hobo pals.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
You should post some of them relaxing runs on the score tables for Los Turfes Club!

i know, i know. i'm lazy

and have been trying to 1cc courses so if i play a hole poorly i usually just restart and don't play it through :envy:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Animal Crossing (Gamecube)
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (Super Nintendo)
Pokemon Red Version (Game Boy)
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube)
Super Mario Kart (Super Nintendo)
Mario Kart Double Dash!! (Gamecube)
Tetris DS
GORF (Colecovision)
Yars' Revenge (Atari 2600)
Galaga (Arcade)
Final Fantasy VII (Playstation)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, but more recently 3DS)
Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Saturn/Arcade/3DO)
Earthbound (Super Nintendo)
Tempest 2000 (Jaguar)

I could kill an afternoon playing any one of those games.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Outrunners. 1993. Select song 'Last Wave'.

I wish an arcade nearby me had this.