The "Relaxing" game of your choice.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Another vote here for Pilotwings 64.... flying around and exploring with the bird man.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I have a lot. I find these games to be comforting. Sometimes I just put one (or more) on in the background while I do other stuff.

Neo Turf Masters, Bust a Move, Gal's Panic, Street Fighter 2 CE, Wip3out, BlazeRush on Oculus Rift, OutRun, Virtua Cop, Blazing Lasers,

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Some good choices in here. Another good one I really like is Gauntlet Legends on N64 or Gauntlet D.L. on Xbox.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Elite Dangerous
Transport mission or just exploring. You can get lost out there
VR makes it even better.

csauce

n00b
Weird pick maybe but probably Super Metroid. I've beaten it like 20 times and just never get tired of it.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
This happens to be one of the main reasons I play video games to begin with, so I have quite a few I think...

Final Fantasy VII
Pokemon Red
Super Puzzle Fighter
Virtua Fighter
Final Fantasy I, II, III for NES (has to be the NES)
Dragon Warrior III for NES, I prefer to listen to latin jazz and salsa music while doing so for some weird reason
Civilization II: Test of Time
Breath of Fire III
Shin Megami Tensei (SFC)
Kirby's Adventure

there's probably more.... most of them are paced games that remind me of the past and its comforting.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Thats a pretty good list there sylvie.

two games that I absolutely adore but didn't put down are Vampire Savior and Doom. I say that only because I try my best to do my best in them when I play them, especially Doom (and Doom II and Final Doom) it still keeps me on the edge of my seat and makes me jump sometimes. It just gets my adrenaline pumping like no other game in the world. Its hard to choose between the machine gun and the super shotgun sometimes. I like runnin n gunnin

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
two games that I absolutely adore but didn't put down are Vampire Savior and Doom. I say that only because I try my best to do my best in them when I play them, especially Doom (and Doom II and Final Doom) it still keeps me on the edge of my seat and makes me jump sometimes. It just gets my adrenaline pumping like no other game in the world. Its hard to choose between the machine gun and the super shotgun sometimes. I like runnin n gunnin

Try Brutal Doom... If you enjoy extreme violence like I do, you'll never go back to regular Doom again.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Final Fantasy 7 up until the end of the 1st disc. I think I've finished the game 3 times, and played through Midgar a thousand times. It's funny I quit so soon, because the 2nd disc has the most relaxing area ever in the snow village.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Final Fantasy 7 up until the end of the 1st disc. I think I've finished the game 3 times, and played through Midgar a thousand times. It's funny I quit so soon, because the 2nd disc has the most relaxing area ever in the snow village.

Good choice for sure.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
I would say that pretty much any game that I enjoyed beating the first time or is unbeatable, like Tetris. My personal favorites are Super Mario World, Mario 64, any Mega Man or Mega Man X that I've already beaten, and SMB.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
some of the levels in darius gaiden are very relaxing.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Uh... I'd say Journey as a relaxing game.
But if I really want to sleep I only have to log in to World of Warcraft and start doing daily quests for reputation farming lol.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
How are all of you picking fighting games for this? Fighting games are, like, the least relaxing games I play, I'm constantly on and trying to beat my opponents. They actively tire me out.

Weird pick maybe but probably Super Metroid. I've beaten it like 20 times and just never get tired of it.
Weird choice at first because of the isolation/creeby vibes the game gives off, but I totally get it. Just running around exploring even though you already know where everything is can be super relaxing.

I personally would have to say pilotwings SNES (the soundtack is so calming, it's all just whompy synthetic horns) or gravity rush (just falling in random directions collecting gems is mad theraputic

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
How are all of you picking fighting games for this? Fighting games are, like, the least relaxing games I play, I'm constantly on and trying to beat my opponents. They actively tire me out.

Me personally I have it on an easier level and chill working on moves, timing, setups, etc.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I call those white noise games

for sure its

Resident Evil 1 2 3 and REmake and maybe Zero and CVX up to a point
Devil May Cry 3 and maybe 4 up to a point
Dig Dug and PacMan,
DKC 1 and 2,
SMB3 and SMW
Puyo Puyo Fever and Puzzle Fighter

there's probably a whole lot more but these are the main ones i know like to put on right quick. Mainly games that I know very well but are still fun to put on for a couple of hours.
Man I used to have Resident Evil 2 as the game I would try to beat my record on every weekend ( Leon scenario A). I have just now started putting RE Remake on that list just because of how great the game is.

Anyway, outside of the RE games my list is:
Batman Arkham City( Battle challenge maps)
Black Desert online ( for now)
Crossed Swords
Metal Slug 1,X or 3
Magical drop 3

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Me personally I have it on an easier level and chill working on moves, timing, setups, etc.

I wish I could be like that. I love fighters and I have fun with them, but even when I'm in training mode or playing against computers just to get my moves and tech down I still get really intense and frustrated when I don't get things right away. I will legit get salty just playing training mode