The "Relaxing" game of your choice.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I like a good simple game that I don't half to think or worry about to much every once in a while especially if I'm really tired and had a rough day. What do you like to play to just relax? No worrying about 1cc's, or this or that just to wind down and chill or get ready for bed etc.

For me its Alien Crush on PCE god I love this game, its so relaxing and no worries at all. Its like watching an episode of one of Bob Ross paintings lol.

Discuss & list them.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Pomping World for the PCE is my ultimate relaxing game. Busting all those bubbles is satisfying and some of the tracks are soothing as well.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Hardly any online players these days, but UNO for the Xbox 360 fits the bill for me.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I call those white noise games

for sure its

Resident Evil 1 2 3 and REmake and maybe Zero and CVX up to a point
Devil May Cry 3 and maybe 4 up to a point
Dig Dug and PacMan,
DKC 1 and 2,
SMB3 and SMW
Puyo Puyo Fever and Puzzle Fighter

there's probably a whole lot more but these are the main ones i know like to put on right quick. Mainly games that I know very well but are still fun to put on for a couple of hours.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Sonic 2
SMB3
Tetris
Pretty cliché

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Definitely Castlevania 1 or 3 for NES/Famicom. I've played them enough times that they aren't too challenging, but whipping baddies is oh so satisfying.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I didn't understand it, but I found SimEarth (SNES) relaxing. Maybe it's the soothing music.

Strangely enough, I can also relax with Age of Empires, with or without the Rise of Rome expansion. Maybe I'm just so familiar with the mechanics, or the music is soothing to me, or I've played it for so long. It's pretty much my all-time favorite Microsoft-published game.

shylax

n00b
I like golf games, nice visuals, soothing visuals, although I might rage a bit much after a poor shot. I also like playing Football Manager a lot, I can play at my own pace and take my time thinking things through. I also like playing Picross and other puzzle games.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I didn't understand it, but I found SimEarth (SNES) relaxing. Maybe it's the soothing music.

Strangely enough, I can also relax with Age of Empires, with or without the Rise of Rome expansion. Maybe I'm just so familiar with the mechanics, or the music is soothing to me, or I've played it for so long. It's pretty much my all-time favorite Microsoft-published game.

Same here, RTS games chill me out. Sim City 1 and 2000 work well.
Warlords Battlecry 3 was my go to chill out game for a while.

Yoshi's Woolly World on easy mode is pretty relaxing too.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
In that kind of situation what I'm looking for is a "comfort game" which usually means that I want one of my beloved old favorites from back in the day. I feel like the first Sonic the Hedgehog is probably my biggest go-to. Others would be Streets of Rage 2, Castlevania, Super Mario Bros, maybe even Turrican. I'm sure there are a few others as well.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Are you axing us a question?

SMW, Bonk 2 & Devils Crush

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A JRPG I haven't played in awhile, any will do. The music and slow pace always helps me fall asleep, lol

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

kula world/roll away, nights into dreams, panzer dragoon and shenmue.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
SNES Sim City
Super Mario World
Deja Vu
Doom 2

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Quite a few games come into my mind but there more in the list
Alien Syndrome GG or ARC
Sonic 3 MD
Quackshot MD
MicroMachines 2TT MD
Warioland GB
Advanced Wars GBA
Waverace 64
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy Wii
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs ARC
Alien vs Predator ARC
Zappa! ARC
NITD ARC
Bubble Symphony ARC
The Last Blade ARC
Street Fighter III 3rd S ARC

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Point and click adventure games for me like Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion etc. Also Mario64, Zelda OoT, Super Metroid, Sega Bass Fishing, Jet Set Radio, Tony Hawk games. For Neo Geo Turf Masters absolutely, Nightmare in the Dark, Last Blade and the first Metal Slug.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Metal Gear Solid 3

One of my favorite games of all time. That music and atmosphere and slow pace is very relaxing.

While i do know it very well up to a point, that shit gets way to intense later on for it to ever be a white noise game for me

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Been enjoying Super Punchout! on SNES whenever I have some time to kill. It's really fun when you get over the fact it isn't Mike Tyson's Punchout: Part 2. If you play it for what it is, it's really fun challenging yourself to get faster knockdowns on opponents.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Hardly any online players these days, but UNO for the Xbox 360 fits the bill for me.

If you can get someone to PLAY Uno it's relaxing. Considering during it's peak it was an overglorified dating/sex room. Used to piss me off when people would jump in a room and refuse to play.