The "Relaxing" game of your choice.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Xanax Neo

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Probably been said before, but Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing are perfect for this. Especially Animal Crossing, where there is no purpose whatsoever, you just do what you want.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I usually start my relaxing by doing ten reps each of ninja gaiden stage 6-1 to 6-4, yellow devil Mega Man 1,Akuma 7* difficulty Super Turbo and Elevator section from Streets of Rage 2 on Maniac just to name a few. After that I play Mario Party 3 with Donkey Kong, Luigi, and Daisy

Last edited:
Man I used to have Resident Evil 2 as the game I would try to beat my record on every weekend ( Leon scenario A). I have just now started putting RE Remake on that list just because of how great the game is.

Someone after my own heart :glee:

But for relaxing, I'd have to say Shinobi III, because I know the game so well it's just like taking a walk at this point. Or DOOM, which I remember playing after a school day while on the phone. You know, back in the days when you'd have hours-long phone calls with your friends to bullshit.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Contra NES is another good one to relax with. I just got it back the other day, haven't played in few years easy game and no ball breaking at all.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Contra NES is another good one to relax with. I just got it back the other day, haven't played in few years easy game and no ball breaking at all.

Funny just played through this today with a buddy of mine.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Funny just played through this today with a buddy of mine.

Nice bud such a fun game to have just love it, I can't believe I sold this game a few years ago. Never again will this one leave me lol.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug

Not so much Contra for me but Super C for NES. One of the first games I played with my cousin when we were like 5 years old. I think it's really never been that frustrating because I remember being so young and not being able get far no matter what.

Now playing it while older, I expect to not get very far and it's like every level clear is a jackpot.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Journey on PS3 - that game is a 2 hour relaxing zone out for me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Relaxing games...I'm not much of a relax type of guy, I want action all the time, however I do like to chill here and there with video games. I can chill with games I have beaten to death or I can chill with puzzle games, sports games and some racing games.

BTW fellas; if you're looking for a place to chill and have a marvelous time...well why not join us at Los Turfes Club! The ultimate relaxing pleasure resort where all your dreams come true, everyone is a dreamer and you better believe you'll get the girl!

Here's what I play in relaxed mode...

*Animal Crossing Amibo Festival WiiU: This game caught me off guard and ended up getting real addicted to it along with the GF, we played lots of it, haven't gotten back to it in a while but I remember being super relaxed...except when the Boar Joanne had a bad news...

SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Series, every single one of them are awesome and pretty chill. Addictive as hell too!

Mario 64: At least the first half is super chill, overall the game is very chill. Still one of my favorite 3D games ever.

OutRun 2 XBOX Spanish mode, so soothing, so amazing. Magical Sound Shower Euro Remix is the greatest remix of all time.
Samba has to be one of the coolest most awesome rhythms ever created.

Sonic R Saturn: Game is rather short in terms of tracks and characters but there's a lot of stuff to do in each race, every time I race I find something new I haven't seen before but what's really awesome about this game is the OST, so good in fact that I'll leave it here for you guys to chill with.

Neo Turf Masters: ...'nuff said.

Ninja Gaiden Black (Normal Mode) XBOX: My go to speed run game, however Hard and up is a different story, nonetheless NGB Normal Run is the most chill awesome and satisfying game run I usually go with, The real pros can do the run in 2 to 3 hours or so. I'm more of a 5 hour run, haven't really worked on a proficient speed run yet but my usual path is plenty chill.

Deathsmiles PCB: One of those few shmups I can actually 1CC either by myself or with the GF, she can also 1CC it and we both get to chill together with video games which is pretty great.

Megaman 2 NES: I've beaten this game to death, have yet to do a speed run, my regular runs are so chill I haven't even gotten to time them yet. One of these days I'll try Difficult Mode.

Castlevania NES: Like mentioned previously the game is pretty chill if you beaten it enough to allow you to prose like a prancing pony along with a kick ass atmosphere and perhaps one of the best NES OSTs ever. Second Loop and on is not chill...at all.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix: My go to online fighting game and the one I can play on random locally being super chill. Even the losses are chill, the game plays so butter smooth and the OST has a very chill remix tone to it.

Tetris PS3, Tetris Grand Master 2+ and Tetris DS: These 3 are my absolute favorites of the series, I can play any Tetris and chill, specially the PLUS series, both have the best OSTs in Tetris games but they're not as good as the 3 I mentioned.

Load Runner XBL & LR: The Dig Fight PCB: I love the series 'cause it's pretty chill, these 2 games are the cream of the crop for me. I know the XBL graphics are pretty generic but the gameplay is superb. The Dig Fight is awesome, very underrated game (luckily 'cause I was able to get the PCB for very little money) and the co-op tricks are off the hook.

Magic The Gathering XBL: My favorite total chill game, just sit back and play, take your time, smoke a storm...you know...like Gandalf, anyway, yeah excellent streamlined form of magic on your TV.

Tempest ARCADE & Tempest 2000 Saturn & PC: Not getting a Jaguar, lol. Love Tempest with the vectors and all the jazz, dream cab really...maybe some day I can score a cocktail. Just the other day I found a PC copy of 2000 and it plays great! There are some small differences between all the different 2000 versions, I think the Saturn & PC are my favorites, unfortunately Tempest 2000 is only D-Pad oriented which is a real shame but they did a superb job converting the analogue signal into a timed digital input, it's pretty amazing.

That's just to name a few.

Edit: Shadow of the Colossus: Great chill game, I've beaten this time and again.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Gradius on famicom. Easy to 1LC the first two loops. Then it gets lucky. DFK is a winner for me too. First loop is a joke now.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Lately I've been playing Streets of Rage and/or Phantasy Star II to relax.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Gradius on famicom. Easy to 1LC the first two loops.

I saw him do this btw. He's crazy good and I'd swear he was using a turbo controller (he isn't.) I can barely get past the Easter Island heads on this version.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Lately I've been playing Streets of Rage and/or Phantasy Star II to relax.
My god, it takes mutant levels of patience to play Phantasy star 2( The grind is real!)I finally learned after years of play that the shield items are absolutely worthless to you. Where are you on this playthrough at the moment?

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
My god, it takes mutant levels of patience to play Phantasy star 2( The grind is real!)I finally learned after years of play that the shield items are absolutely worthless to you. Where are you on this playthrough at the moment?

Grinding for $$$ and equipment before I head to the Biosystems Lab. About a week and a half ago, I was on Dezo, but I accidentally erased the save off of my Everdrive. I've gotten to various points over the years, but have never actually finished this game. I'm not big on RPG's, but I'll play PS games.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I played through PS2 a few years ago. Great game, but I never want to play it again. I'm not ashamed to admit that I abused faqs when I was in those dungeons.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I played through PS2 a few years ago. Great game, but I never want to play it again. I'm not ashamed to admit that I abused faqs when I was in those dungeons.

Oh, absolutely. Fuck those mazes.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Grinding for $$$ and equipment before I head to the Biosystems Lab. About a week and a half ago, I was on Dezo, but I accidentally erased the save off of my Everdrive. I've gotten to various points over the years, but have never actually finished this game. I'm not big on RPG's, but I'll play PS games.
Hell yeah. My favorite Is PS IV because it had the best story and was kind of easy to pick up if you were new to the series.