Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The "Relaxing" game of your choice.

NAM-75 Vet

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too

Amano's Drinking Buddy

Lately for me it's been Metroid Fusion. I basically just start a new game and zone out while going through all the motions to run through the game in about 2 ish hours. Not even speed running, just zoning out and going with the flow. It's easier as it's the most linear of the metroids I've played.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

What a great thread, I was coming at it from the go to aspect as others have. For me it is normally nostalgia that help me relax or unwind, something familiar.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - MD
    Heroes of Might and Magic II - PC
    Capcom Vs. SNK - Dreamcast
    Puyo Puyo (any iteration)
    Cool Boarders 2 - PS1

Thought of a couple of others although slightly different. Maybe not so much relaxing as zoning out a bit and playing.

Rez - Dreamcast - just a spectacular game. Starts slowly and builds into a hypnotic frenzy. Just a good one to go with the flow.

Tempest 2000 - Jaguar (or T2K on Vita) - similar to the above. Despite needing lots of concentration I find it a great distraction from the real world and therefore relaxing.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei - Saturn - just one of my all time favourite games and one I love to chill out with. From the haunting, otherworldly art direction, the tight controls, sensation of flight (after the opening levels) and most of all truly sensational music this is a game I relax with all the time. From the cool shaded forest level where you can almost feel the breeze to the stunning underground river in the caverns that opens into the tranquil never ending lake in the catacombs it is just a game that I still escape with from time to time.

Another one I relax with from time to time is Revenge of Shinobi (or occasionally Shinibi 3: Return of the Ninja Master). Often I'll just play a single level but there is something strangely soothing about it.

Puyo Puyo Tetris on the switch works pretty chill while watching some wrassling...

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Unravel

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Rez - Dreamcast - just a spectacular game. Starts slowly and builds into a hypnotic frenzy. Just a good one to go with the flow.
    this!, although it's the PS2 version for me after selling up my DC, great games, i also like its spiritual successor Child of Eden.

also i find playing Zelda 3 for the millionth time a good relaxing time passer.

Galford's Armourer

Steep Slope Sliders (Saturn)

TRANQUILITY
    MAYONNAISE FARMER

Chang's Grocer

Lately it has been Aoi Blink on the PCE: the slightly higher resolution, the slightly lower pacing and of course the full Tezuka charm captured by Westone.

Timid Neo Newbie

I open up MVC2 and run through single player. Combos are just so satisfying.

Chang's Grocer

I recently stumbled onto the most "stressing" game: RayXanber III. That pea shooter f/x causes serious headache disorders. Not to mention that painful yellow laser sound. Both could be used as psychological warfare.

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    I recently stumbled onto the most "stressing" game: RayXanber III. That pea shooter f/x causes serious headache disorders. Not to mention that painful yellow laser sound. Both could be used as psychological warfare.
    I know it, as awesome as the ost was they just got lazy as hell with the sfx. At least they figured out how annoying it really was by the end of the game. The final boss fight just has the music playing and no sfx lol.
    "NG.com breaking balls & crushing dreams since '99".

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by MCF 76 View Post
    At least they figured out how annoying it really was by the end of the game. The final boss fight just has the music playing and no sfx lol.
    Cool, I'll try a whole run without the sound f/x then. The headphone jack of the CD-ROM2 outputs redbook only.

Thread Information