I hate the Snes, it's a piece of crap

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
SNES is the slow man's system. The processor was slow so the games were slow, so it was perfect for those slow aspies.

Motherfucking blast processing for the win!

This is so true. It is a slow console famed for its slow games. If you like RPGs then it's the 16-bit console of choice. The only thing the snes does fast is turn yellow.

MD got me covered for my heady, arcade style 16-bit fix. Contra 3 sucks compared to Hard Corps and Axelay is like watching a bum cigar roll down an embankment. Zelda looks pig ugly, SMW is boring compared to SMB3, and outside of level design and sound, Super Metroid just feels like a chore to play.

Trolling aside R-Type 3, Pilotwings, Ninja Warriors and Castlevania IV are all fantastic games.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
:loco: :lol:
Well it is a matter of opinion.

No that would be a matter of fact you're trollin when it comes to graphics. Nothing the Genesis did would match what the SNES pulled off in graphics, but it's not the Genesis systems fault, it was older hardware and more limited in what it could pull off. Genesis didn't have all the graphics modes, didn't have the large color palette to pull from, nor the ability to display that many colors to screen either in motion or as a static image. The only time a Genesis game looked better than a SNES one was when a dirty port of a Genesis game was put on SNES as often people wouldn't try and you'd get glitches, low color, shitty dithering, and other problems. I'm not going to argue audio, while I don't agree at all it sounded worse, it's down to a matter of taste not technology.

geise

Mickey's Coach
No that would be a matter of fact you're trollin when it comes to graphics. Nothing the Genesis did would match what the SNES pulled off in graphics, but it's not the Genesis systems fault, it was older hardware and more limited in what it could pull off. Genesis didn't have all the graphics modes, didn't have the large color palette to pull from, nor the ability to display that many colors to screen either in motion or as a static image. The only time a Genesis game looked better than a SNES one was when a dirty port of a Genesis game was put on SNES as often people wouldn't try and you'd get glitches, low color, shitty dithering, and other problems. I'm not going to argue audio, while I don't agree at all it sounded worse, it's down to a matter of taste not technology.
Wow...that wall of fact is staggering.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

No your trolling now. Any side by side comparsion of games that were on both systems genesis had better graphics and sound hands down.

Blast processing bro. Sonic the Hedgehog bro. Rocket knight adventures bro.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
No your trolling now. Any side by side comparsion of games that were on both systems genesis had better graphics and sound hands down.

I will objectively turn you into salt.

xorthen

Banned
Castlevania 4 is shit. I just played through it the other day for the first time in ages. It has aged horribly and the sound is crap. Some of the songs are okay though. Bloodlines has better music IMO.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Castlevania 4 is shit. I just played through it the other day for the first time in ages. It has aged horribly and the sound is crap. Some of the songs are okay though. Bloodlines has better music IMO.

Something I can agree with you on. But I do believe we maybe the minority.

Tanooki

War Room Troll

Prove it. :) I've got reality on my side. I'm not going to get into some lame back and forward over it. This is 20+ year old history that can't be brushed away by fan bias. There are cases where the Genesis did more than people would assume, creative coding by smart people like how they faked up some SNES like effects in the Adventures of Batman and Robin and a few others. But even then, when they tried to copy up certain techniques, it wasn't for the best. DKC had that ACM graphics rendering going on, Sega tried to do that with Vectorman and it's no comparison. It was a very hit and miss thing, but at a hardware level, Genesis just doesn't cut it as well which is fine, it's older. I've got both systems, so it's not like I'm taking sides here, they both have their strengths, primarily in games, not the hardware behind it so much.

I would suggest talking to your PCP though, get a referral to an audiologist as you're fucking deaf if you think the SNES sounded worse. :)

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Prove it. :) I've got reality on my side. I'm not going to get into some lame back and forward over it. This is 20+ year old history that can't be brushed away by fan bias. There are cases where the Genesis did more than people would assume, creative coding by smart people like how they faked up some SNES like effects in the Adventures of Batman and Robin and a few others. But even then, when they tried to copy up certain techniques, it wasn't for the best. DKC had that ACM graphics rendering going on, Sega tried to do that with Vectorman and it's no comparison. It was a very hit and miss thing, but at a hardware level, Genesis just doesn't cut it as well which is fine, it's older. I've got both systems, so it's not like I'm taking sides here, they both have their strengths, primarily in games, not the hardware behind it so much.

I would suggest talking to your PCP though, get a referral to an audiologist as you're fucking deaf if you think the SNES sounded worse. :)

Well I agree with the deaf part i did start by saying its a matter of opinion.

And slow down with the wall of text or at least put some breaks in there because i cant debate your argument when I stop reading a half way through your rant.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Both systems have good and bad music and sound. However those that say genesis/md sound is terrible are also deaf.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
O yea cant beat streets of rage. I have all 3 rages on my play list.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
A lot of those rarer N64 titles were expensive 5+ years ago, but I can't remember how much they went for. Of those titles you called out specifically Bomberman is the only one I own because even back then I wasn't willing to fork out the cash for the others. I think I got Bomberman off EBay in one of those Nintendo stamped plastic cases w/the manual. I'll probably continue on w/the collection eventually but there are some games I will just never own since it's not worth the money.

I had a CIB 2nd Attack. I sold it a couple of years ago for $250. I can't bring myself to see what it goes for now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Off the top of my head, MKII and SFIIT looked and sounded better. I always thought the sports games were better on the Genny though.

Last edited: