Interest Check- Saturn Game of The Month

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Saturn game of the month topic? Other than the Neo, the Saturn seems to be one of the most popular systems on the forum, and there are plenty of arcade style games we could do scoring contest and discussion on. Here are some games I was thinking of:

DecAthelete
Baku Baku
Virtual Cop
Daytona USA
Die Hard Arcade/ Dynamite Deca
Last Gladiators Pinball
Tetris Plus

Suggestions? Yes/No/Maybe?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's one of the few systems I still have hooked up.
However, I'm not sure how many people have extensive libraries or modded setups.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Saturn game of the month topic? Other than the Neo, the Saturn seems to be one of the most popular systems on the forum, and there are plenty of arcade style games we could do scoring contest and discussion on. Here are some games I was thinking of:

DecAthelete
Baku Baku
Virtual Cop
Daytona USA
Die Hard Arcade/ Dynamite Deca
Last Gladiators Pinball
Tetris Plus

Suggestions? Yes/No/Maybe?

Apparently you've never checked Arcade Central in your 4 years here.

The game of the month thing was popular for quite sometime. Not anymore.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I did try and think of some of the more popular titles.

And yes, I know similar things have been done before (and still continue to be done with Sotm) I just thought some people may be interested in one defined by console and not genre.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yes yes yes! Totally sign me up for this!

Currently replaying Panzer Dragoon Saga at the moment. Incrediable what the Saturn can do in the right hands.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Necronomicon Digital Pinball by KaZe

Last Gladiators pinball
Die Hard Arcade

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I could be convinced. I just relocated down to the US here, and the only system I took with me before the rest of my stuff gets shipped down is my Saturn...cause you know, essentials. ;)

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I'm down for this. I recently hacked my 4+1 cart to allow me to play burned disks. Fookin' excellent. You name the game, I got it ;-)

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I'll try to drop in if time permits. Haven't really played Saturn much in years so this might motivate me to replay some old Saturn classics haha

xorthen

Banned
Does anybody know any great 3D games for the Saturn or games that show off the 3D effects? All I have in my library are shmups and fighters.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon (the 1st one, at least - Haven't played the others) are decent looking 3D games on the Saturn, IMO.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I was thinking Decathlete would be a good one due to the Olympics, but due to the turbo issue we can skip that one. I'll make a post with the first game and the start of September, Virtua Cop if everyone is down for that one.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I was thinking Decathlete would be a good one due to the Olympics, but due to the turbo issue we can skip that one. I'll make a post with the first game and the start of September, Virtua Cop if everyone is down for that one.

I'm down.

Is it gonna be a "high-score thread"-type deal?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

Decathlete would be fine with a 'gentleman's agreement' not to turbo cheat. Button bashing doesn't help you with all the events anyway.

Actually, the turbo on my 3rd party pads wasn't as good as me back in the day anyhoo... It's to do with the timing.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member

I too am down for Virtua Cop as the inaugural game. Nice choice! I was just asking about the possibility of including a gun game in the SOTM (Shooter of the Month) lineup.