20 Year Member
upon sober inspection that wasteland framing is legit af

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
upon sober inspection that wasteland framing is legit af

The art supply store I go to has a guy there that does nothing but matting and framing. He's a badass, been there for at least a decade.

The frame is SOLID, he builds them himself. In hindsight it could have been thicker by about a 1/2 inch, maybe an inch. I think it looks pretty good though.

A good chunk of the money I spent is in the museum glass (~$80 of the $180 iirc), it has a UV reflective coating that not only protects the art from the rays, but it actually reduces glare at the same time! I'd never believe it except they have a side by side comparison of the different glass options, and it is easily discernible as more transparent looking because of the reduced glare.

It's crazy money, but I see it paying off in the long run.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have UV glass on all of my prints but only have museum glass on the two pieces of original art that are framed and it does make a huge difference. The glare elimination is remarkable.

Even simple DIY framing as long as you know what you're doing can just make things look 200% better
IMG_1396.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Y'all need to listen to terry.330, he knows whats up. I have done a few DIY frame ups as well, I find that framedestination.com and americanframe.com are good places to go. Get acid free materials and UV blocking plexi/glass. Here are a couple of mine for an idea how simple stuff can turn out. I have three pieces that will need to be taken to a professional though so I accept the cost when that rolls around.

IMG_3615.jpgIMG_3868.jpgIMG_5747.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Chino Latino is awesome, I always grab a magnet when I go