Puzzled/Joy Joy Kid Block sprites are disappearing!

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Hi All,

I've bought a used MVS copy of Puzzled from ebay and since trying it on my Jap AES with Deadalus converter I've not managed to get past the first few levels without the falling block sprites disappering completely, This renders the game useless. For such a low meg game I doubted it was a boot and have checked it against the MVS database which confirms its all in order. I've cleaned the connectors and still no luck! My only guess is Puzzled/Joy Joy Kid is not friendly with some MVS/AES converters..which is odd expecially considering how well the compatibity is on the Deadalus. Can anyone advise if this is the case?

Also I've noticed the longer the cart is left running, the longer it seems to take for these issues to occur.... Could these be faulty capacitors that just need to warm up for longer? I could be imagining this but it was worth mentioning.

I should add the Daedalus still runs my 8 or so other MVS carts without issue...

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Inspect the solder well. It could have small cracks causing intermittent problems. If you are not sure you could reflow the Cha board to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Inspect the solder well. It could have small cracks causing intermittent problems. If you are not sure you could reflow the Cha board to be on the safe side.

Thanks, could well be the case, however I contacted the seller and he's offered me a refund.. The game has gone back in the post today. Will have to look out for another copy to turn up.