Liquid Kids PCB issue - Taito TC0220IOC & Coin Error

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Hi folks,

Having some trouble bringing up a Liquid Kids PCB. When it boots, I get a "COIN ERROR" screen then reset loop. Typically this would be a stuck coin switch or whatever, but (1) I'm running it on my own tester which I'm confident is working and (2) I have tested the coin switch input pins on the TC0220IOC directly and they work as intended. It's also responsible for the reset loop, as the "RESET OUT" pin syncs up with the reset but the "RESET IN" pin is always high.

All the data pins are firing when the coin error screen is up, so I'm pretty sure the 'IOC chip is misinterpreting the coin switch inputs and thinking it's being held low.

When searching for info about this chip I see it gets fried often but that usually just results in a seemingly dead board.

So I'm wondering if anyone's come across this problem with a Taito B or F2 board.

Thanks all

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Nothing eh?
If anyone has a scrap board for any of these games, lemme know if you want to sell me the TC0220IOC:

Final Blow
Don Doko Don
Mega Blast
Thunder Fox
Cameltry
Quiz Torimonochou
Operation Thunderbolt
Dynamite League
Warrior Blade (Rastan Saga Episode 3)
Aqua Jack
Battle Shark
Chase HQ
Continental Circus
Double Axle
Enforce
Night Striker
Racing Beat
Space Gun
Special Criminal Investigation
World Grand Prix
Air Inferno
Top Landing
Ashura Blaster
Crime City
Hit the Ice
Master of Weapon
Puzzle Bobble / Bubble Buster
Rambo III
Rastan Saga II
Real Puncher
Ryujin
Sel Feena
Silent Dragon
Sonic Blast Man
Space Invaders DX
Tetris (Taito B)
Violence Fight

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I have a Final blow missing the RGB module. Would you want the whole pcb for parts or just the TC0220IOC module?