AM2R Game Play Q&A ***Mad Spolers***

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Just a thread for anyone playing AM2R to swap info and tips.

Anyone have any tips on defeating the Omega Metroid? when it jumps a small part of it's back gets exposed but I can't seem to hit it.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
The front is vulnerable as well, but back shots do 2x damage.

I was able to hit its back by jumping over it as it leaps at me and shooting diagonal into its back.

Also, there's a super missile pack in the room to the right of the first omega. If you get reckless, you can grab that for a quick refill and try again.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The front is vulnerable as well, but back shots do 2x damage.

I was able to hit its back by jumping over it as it leaps at me and shooting diagonal into its back.

Also, there's a super missile pack in the room to the right of the first omega. If you get reckless, you can grab that for a quick refill and try again.

Doesn't that reset his health bar if you leave and come back? Also, I have the stupid glitch that the Gravity suit makes me invisible, therefore I have to use the suit before it. Doesn't that make me take more damage? UGH. I'm stuck at this part too. :(

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
It does reset its health, but if you have 10 super missiles and 8 of them ding off the shell, you might as well go get the refill rather than trying to stick 30 regular missiles in his gut.
Omegas take 40 missiles to kill on normal, so you need 8 supers to the gut or 40 regular missiles.

Back shots do double damage, so connecting with just 4 kills him.

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? or downgrading them?
Also, DoctorM64 will be releasing a 1.1 patch eventually. Keep your eyes on the AM2R forums.

The patch won't be DMCA'd because the patch itself contains nothing owned by Nintendo.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thanks for the tip just kicked their asses.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Just beat it! These guys made a great game. Too bad Nintendo did nothing for the anniversary and then decided to come crap on everyone's parade.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I tried to update my video driver. And after I restarted the computer: Corrupt save file! YIPPEE!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
well, now that you know what to do, you can blast through the game in no time and get back to where you were.
Metroid is all about sub 3-hour runs.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have a question: been playing this game slowly, just got to the part where Samus controls the jumping super missile robot. How the hell do I avoid that fan on the left side!? I got past it once on accident, but the super missile didn't break all the way through, never could replicate it again.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I have a question: been playing this game slowly, just got to the part where Samus controls the jumping super missile robot. How the hell do I avoid that fan on the left side!? I got past it once on accident, but the super missile didn't break all the way through, never could replicate it again.

You can't. Just drop your S. Missile down there and jump up there with Samus . The ceiling overhead is breakable and the fans turn off when you are not controlling the droid. This part drove me a little crazy.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I spent a ton of time on it, Managed to break two blocks near samus with a super missile but could never get more down there. It wasn't enough to break through. I guess I'll just try to let go of the missile as the little bastard falls to his doom.