Gamecube - Playing the ISOs, RGB, 240p, digital video and more!! Mega thread

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Why does this thing come with a remote? What kind of options does it have? I couldnt find detailed info about it anywhere.

All the GC video mods (the ZeldaXPro adapter, Eon GCHD, and I assume the CARBY) all Run the same software. Internal mods let you open the menu with a button combo. Very simple menus. Scan line off or on, scan line strength, refresh rate, and if you want 480i/p or 240p and if you want line doubling on.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Maybe I should just do this and ask for my money back from BAC.

No matter which solution you go for, it may be a good idea to get your cash back; I was seriously leaning towards/waiting for (and passed on other options) the BAC adapter because of the dual out option, but everyone I talked to about it said the guy is a flake and hasn't delivered on much of the hard mod GC work people paid for, let alone the adapter project. Even one of the guys in the beta program said to avoid doing business with the guy.
Well, it's all second hand info, but I've been looking in on the GCVX adapter since Feb when BAC popped up on a Retro RGB news roundup and said 3 months 'till completion. I just couldn't wait any longer; Castlevania on the GBP is calling!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Every time I Google for info (because God forbid he ever actually post anything on his site) he's been on Retrorgb's podcast saying "I just got this part in and I'm testing" and this shit has been going on for what, 2 years? I'm mostly just irritated because the website never indicated at the time that it was a pre-order product still in development. Shame on me for not being on whatever obscure forum actually had this info.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
He has found plenty of time to talk shit about other modders and product developers on discord. I think it was Voultar a while back posted some discord screenshots that someone sent him of the BAC guy talking shit about his work. So the guy has plenty of time to talk smack about people who actually ship their stuff, yet can’t provide updates to people who have already paid him for what basically amounts to preorders.

You guys need to get your money back.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
He has found plenty of time to talk shit about other modders and product developers on discord. I think it was Voultar a while back posted some discord screenshots that someone sent him of the BAC guy talking shit about his work. So the guy has plenty of time to talk smack about people who actually ship their stuff, yet can’t provide updates to people who have already paid him for what basically amounts to preorders.

That would be this crap, claiming Voultar made mistakes in his products, and namecalling him "Voultard", despite having taken money with absolutely zero to show for it. This guy reeks of scammy business practices, people really need to get refunds immediately if they still can.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I just bought the Insurrection Industries CARBY (GC to HDMI adapter): metal connector, translucent shell, firmware upgradeable via populated j-headers

https://insurrectionindustries.com/product/carby/#reviews

Surprisingly, only $75 w/free US shipping, and available right now.

I really got tired of waiting around for ZxP and Badass Consoles...
The price on that seemed decent, so I went ahead and ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The main thing I wanted out of the GC Video was that it had a component video option, that's more useful to me than HDMI. Has anyone else done component yet?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The main thing I wanted out of the GC Video was that it had a component video option, that's more useful to me than HDMI. Has anyone else done component yet?

Not that I've seen Gohan; even a couple of the other solutions I've seen and didn't mention are HDMI only, but I'll keep on the lookout for you.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'd like a scart or component solution myself. I have a modded Gamecube with the Game Boy Interface disc but I'm still on S-Video.