PCE / T-16 1CC thread

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
@oliverclaude: Nice. The scoring is pretty broken on Nexzr unfortunately isn’t it :/ It’s not too bad on defaults but have you tried ‘hardest’ and the ‘Japanese writing after it’ difficulty? It’s a real challenge! Arcade worthy hardness for sure.

Is it broken because of the extends? Where's the infinite loop then? Just curious... and yes, I tried the other difficulty settings. Hard seems doable, but "So Cruel", using hardcoregaming101's translation, is an exercise in masochism. Anyway, no ambition to go back to either of them. Default was a pain already.

Not so much the extends, but you could potentially milk the missles of the final boss and max-out the score if you had a spare few hours. It affects a fair few PCE exclusives unfortunately :/ Still love em’ though.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Not so much the extends, but you could potentially milk the missles of the final boss and max-out the score if you had a spare few hours. It affects a fair few PCE exclusives unfortunately :/ Still love em’ though.

Thanks for the info! Few hours, haha... that reminds me of Master of Weapon on the MD. If you can dodge the bullets of the first boss long enough, an infinite amount of power-up carriers will come down. You still must shoot them down, occasionally hitting the boss in the process, but he'll last about an hour, if you do it sparsely. Meanwhile your score hits the spot.

Anyway, congrats on your one life clears. The Irem games I'd consider crown jewels among them. You don't see an Image Fight 1lc often. Kudos, indeed! Of course, the question remains how you achieved them. Strictly submitting yourself to the limitations of the original hardware, using only the appropriate auto-fire rates will always gain my highest admiration. It's something anything else just can't cope with.

Cheers. Yeah Image Fight is brutal on the PCE. The game has an autofire option built into the game at the start after you choose the difficulty class. All the other games were done without autofire aside from Ordyne, Rtype CD and Ninja Spirit. My stick is padhacked with a Corefgx2 pad so the autofire is nec/Hudson standard anyway, I guess :)

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Cheers. Yeah Image Fight is brutal on the PCE. The game has an autofire option built into the game at the start after you choose the difficulty class. All the other games were done without autofire aside from Ordyne, Rtype CD and Ninja Spirit. My stick is padhacked with a Corefgx2 pad so the autofire is nec/Hudson standard anyway, I guess :)

Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your Youtube vids, been watching them since last year, good stuff.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Did a 1LC on normal Gate of Thunder. Was done back in march. Gonna work on a 1LC of hard soon.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Did a 1LC on normal Gate of Thunder. Was done back in march. Gonna work on a 1LC of hard soon.

Nice bud I need to get the 1cc on it also, got it done on WOT a few months back. GOT is probably my favorite game on PCE.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
GOT is probably my favorite game on PCE.

For me as well, with some little tweaks it could easily be a hardcore Neo Geo shooter. The moment you enter the control core in the Mine level, with all its closing silver barriers you blast through, is pure Red Co. magic!

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
As of style and presentation work WoT beats it by a mile in my opinion :)

Nice, I’ve been meaning to tackle that one for a while. I think to get the most out of the Gate/Wings games is to play on the hardest difficulty. A lot of PCE exclusives get a bad rap of being too easy compared to a pure arcade shooter, but putting the difficulty up past default and they’re a different beast.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
As of style and presentation work WoT beats it by a mile in my opinion :)

It's a fine opinion, but WoT is lacking that straight arcade gameplay, i.e. too much power is given to the player: a stage selection, a comfortable shop, a long candy bar full of energy points, an obliging hit detection, multiple hit shields, multiple bombs to carry... finally an environment that won't hurt you. Like you said: style & presentation, yet a bit over the substance in my personal opinion.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared the first loop of W-Ring: The Double Rings

Not sure if I want to go for a 2-ALL. Despite the suicide bullets (run ended at 2-4), it didn't seem too crazy yet, but I kind of cleared the first loop by the skin of my teeth so I'm not sure how much I'm willing to improve.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I cleared the first loop of W-Ring: The Double Rings

Not sure if I want to go for a 2-ALL. Despite the suicide bullets (run ended at 2-4), it didn't seem too crazy yet, but I kind of cleared the first loop by the skin of my teeth so I'm not sure how much I'm willing to improve.

Nice bro, I got this one also haven't spent much time on it yet. Btw which power-up did you use? What little I have played it I used the (blue) icon, lasers.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice bro, I got this one also haven't spent much time on it yet. Btw which power-up did you use? What little I have played it I used the (blue) icon, lasers.

I used Blue for the majority of the game.

For stage 5 I use red, then pick up a hidden "?" that gives the red shot a function where it's options shoot
all over the screen which functions more or less as a homing shot.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Gunhead
Psychosis
Makyou Densetsu
Final Soldier
Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Gradius
Parodius
PC Genjin 1 and 2
Air Zonk
Kyuukyoku Tiger
R-Type
Splatterhouse
Ninja Spirit - this was luck with that last huge fall
J.J. and Jeff
P-47
Last/Red Alert
Psychic Storm
Forgotten Worlds
Gain Ground SX

Knocked out a GG SX clear today, pretty neat game and a little different than the MD port. Also got another GoT Hard clear, lost two lives though [emoji20]

be39c0866d4e446f526217ad73a10bfa.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Knocked out a Devil mode clear on Gate of Thunder this morning. Now I can put that game to rest.

Gunhead
Psychosis
Makyou Densetsu
Final Soldier
Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
Gradius
Parodius
PC Genjin 1 and 2
Air Zonk
Kyuukyoku Tiger
R-Type
Splatterhouse
J.J. and Jeff
P-47
Last/Red Alert
Psychic Storm
Forgotten Worlds
Gain Ground SX
Gate of Thunder - All modes cleared.

5c7577e6ffa00db589345a8fceef9362.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
1cc of Crest of Wolf/Riot Zone. You can prettty much just jump kick the whole game. Last boss is a joke.

Gunhead
Psychosis
Makyou Densetsu
Final Soldier
Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
Gradius
Parodius
PC Genjin 1 and 2
Air Zonk
Kyuukyoku Tiger
R-Type
Splatterhouse
J.J. and Jeff
P-47
Last/Red Alert
Psychic Storm
Forgotten Worlds
Gain Ground SX
Gate of Thunder - All modes cleared.
Winds of Thunder
Crest of Wolf

8f9c8abb63a64a7a695767a9fd854714.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
KP, you're on a roll.

I was hoping to knock out raiden hu card this morning, but got stuck on the moon boss. I've got that one figured out now, two bombs end it. But then I got wrecked by the microchips and the boss of the next stage. I should have it done within the next couple of days though. Still need to work on Final Zone II :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Almost forgot, after I beat GoT, did a 1cc of Winds of Thunder. Used the Blue armor thorough the whole game. Last boss made me use an elixir though.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Very impressive clears KP about to put a few runs on P-47. How difficult was it to 1cc?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Strangely enough it wasn't too bad. A lot easier than raiden lol.

I just casually messed around with it a few times about to get serious playing it just curious what I was up against. Yeah lol, I tell you that 1LC I did of Raiden was hell. I doubt I'll be playing it anytime soon the hardest 1LC I have done for sure.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just casually messed around with it a few times about to get serious playing it just curious what I was up against. Yeah lol, I tell you that 1LC I did of Raiden was hell. I doubt I'll be playing it anytime soon the hardest 1LC I have done for sure.

I'm still having issues with the moon boss tanks. I have noticed something though, I can't tell if it's just me, but if I die where they are, when I respawn, the next time I fight them they don't have nearly the same amount of hit points.