PCE / T-16 1CC thread

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Nexzr has cutscenes the summer carnival doesnt

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I figured they were the same mechanically (shmups forum highscore table). Thats good to know about the cutscenes.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Congratulations for Raiden and Nexzr. Those games own me hard lol.

My list:

Aero Blasters, 1st loop only. (this version has an extra loop not in arcade or megadrive Air Buster)
Blazing Lazers, no miss. (cleared it before, but the no miss was for Shmup of the Month here)
Bonk's Adventure.
China Warrior.
Daisenpu.
Drop Off. (was my only new game for a while, not proud of it and not a recommended game)
Gate of Thunder, hard mode. (in Devil mode I made it to the final boss but never cleared it)
Gradius.
Lords of Thunder, super mode.
Magical Chase.
Metal Stoker.
Salamander.
Side Arms.
Star Parodier.
Sylphia.

Think that's everything, there are others I know I've cleared but I don't specifically remember them being 1cc. Sylphia is probably the easiest 1cc for PC Engine.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got a 1CC on Rondo of Blood today.

List updated:

Gunhed
Vigilante
Splatterhouse
Raiden (1LC)
Rondo of Blood

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Dead Moon
Image Fight I
Twin Bee
Gunhed
Spriggan
GoT (Hard, devil is next)
LoT (Hard only will try Super at some point)
Final Soldier
Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
Override (no 2 all yet)
Forgotten Worlds
HellfireS
Rayxanber III
Shinobi
Riot Zone/Crest of Wolf
others I'm forgetting...

geise

Mickey's Coach
Rayxanber II isn't as bad as others make it sound on the difficulty. The game is more memorization than anything. The infamous level 4 slowdown does make it a bit challenging, but that is honestly the only hard part of the game. I would tackle Hellfire S first. To get extra points you shoot the ships that drop items from behind. I would say Image Fight II would be the biggest challenge. I have yet to 1CC that and I've had the game since the mid 90's. Haha maybe I just suck.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Making progress on Raiden hucard, got half way through stage 6 before loosing my first life. I didn't realize this but the game pulls rank on you if you use the laser "blue icon". The 3 stage boss was a 50% chance not getting hit. This is where I discovered this shit with the laser. Today I said screw it going at him with the Vulcan & homing missles and sure enough his bullets were considerably slower w/ Vulcan vs the laser. Some you guys might already have known this but now I feel a 1cc is very achievable for me. The 5 stage boss is still giving me grief sometimes I hate his bullet patterns very hard to get down.

I bet the original Arcade game versions themselves also do that with the laser.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Played Lords of Thunder the other day and have to state: the Sega-CD "Super" is about at "Normal" here. Quite a shock.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Rayxanber II isn't as bad as others make it sound on the difficulty. The game is more memorization than anything. The infamous level 4 slowdown does make it a bit challenging, but that is honestly the only hard part of the game. I would tackle Hellfire S first. To get extra points you shoot the ships that drop items from behind. I would say Image Fight II would be the biggest challenge. I have yet to 1CC that and I've had the game since the mid 90's. Haha maybe I just suck.

Think I'm going to get Rayxanber 2, been wanting it for a while but was put off by what others have said about the difficulty. Im going to get it and give it a shot screw it. But boy the final stage looks to be a beast to get through. Navigating through the upper and lower paths while shit is coming from behind and front looks like this will be the worst part imo.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
rrrRRRRRAAAAAYYXANBER II is great. It's not too difficult - just get familiar with the power-ups and when and where to use the thrusters.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally got a no death run on Genpei Touma Den just tonight. Damn hard game you half to go through it w/o dying or you Swords power is set to zero when you die. It's like using a fly swat on some of the later enemies if you continue.

List updated:

Genpei Touma Den (1LC)
Vigilante
Gunhead
Splatterhouse
Raiden (1LC)
Rondo of Blood
R-Type 1 (1LC) lol got to get pt2 but I dread it, hey its a start.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got the 1cc on Winds of Thunder tonight. I could own this game alone and be happy with my PCE.

Also played Rastan 2 all week, was trying for a 1cc but to frustrating & unfair b.s. to mess with any further. The game is so damn unfair half to have pixel perfect jumps & the boss fights are infuriating if you can't get there with the large sword. So many spots were taking damage is unavoidable no matter how you do it. So I did beat it several times this week but it took all 3 continues for me to do so uggh rough game, difficulty & design.

Last edited:

neomeo

New Challenger
Anyone has Valkyrie? I feel it's not so close to the Arcade of course. Is there a port that is close to the arcade. Is it on Nintendo Virtual Console yet?

HeyItMe

n00b
Coincidentally I've fires up my DuoR again and started to ay it since it brings me back to when i first moved out on my own i had gotten my first TGCD games i would dream about. I have been enjoying Valis 2. I got into the game Cosmic Fantasy 2 , im at the village where time stands still. But i really am into Xak3. I beat Xak1 in Spanish on the msx back in late 2008. I then played part 2 in English and the game play was trash , i hope one day Xak 1 and 2 remake are translated so i can finish 2. I still trucked on past the Ice Palace on Xak2 then i accidentally erased my game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My last project, Nexz 1cc. Played on a DUO with the original non-Carnival disc.

Spoiler:
NexzOLI-1.jpg

NexzOLI-2.jpg

NexzOLI-3.jpg

NexzOLI-4.jpg

Tough at first, then, using asid's way of letting a game go for weeks, then coming back to it, it wasn't that much of a hassle. For the second score I did milk the starship for its evercoming mechs. Beside that, no milking involved.

The only problems were the mid-boss of the second stage, he got and still gets my shieldo everytime, and the little red suicide-bullet probes of the last stage -- till I figured out, they don't necesserily need to be shot down.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Coincidentally I've fires up my DuoR again and started to ay it since it brings me back to when i first moved out on my own i had gotten my first TGCD games i would dream about. I have been enjoying Valis 2. I got into the game Cosmic Fantasy 2 , im at the village where time stands still. But i really am into Xak3. I beat Xak1 in Spanish on the msx back in late 2008. I then played part 2 in English and the game play was trash , i hope one day Xak 1 and 2 remake are translated so i can finish 2. I still trucked on past the Ice Palace on Xak2 then i accidentally erased my game.

Not sure what that has to do with 1cc'ing anything.

Knocked out Psychic Storm and Last/Red Alert tonight, going to start on Monster Lair tomorrow.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Knocked out Psychic Storm...

Nice! Using only one character through the entire game or switching them on certain levels? Granted, the game has no challenge, but the multiple choice idea makes for interesting replays. I always used the female throughout the whole game, it made the second boss tougher.

@oliverclaude: Nice. The scoring is pretty broken on Nexzr unfortunately isn’t it :/ It’s not too bad on defaults but have you tried ‘hardest’ and the ‘Japanese writing after it’ difficulty? It’s a real challenge! Arcade worthy hardness for sure.

I have done a few PC Engine 1cc’s on my YT channel. I want to try and clear all the shooters eventually, gonna take a while...

Here’s a playlist of all my PCE replays. I have a fair few arcade ones as well.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUlu-Rj2Mu1xD7IPYFCn1Jw-_CIlkuHNt

Ordyne - 1life clear
R-Type Complete CD - 1life clear
Image Fight (Leader Class) - 1life clear
Dragon Saber - 1life clear
Download - 1life clear
NEXZR - 1life clear
Splatterhouse (HARD MODE) 1life clear
Ninja Spirit (ARCADE MODE) 1life clear
Soldier Blade (HARD MODE) 1life clear
Vigilante - 1credit clear, the last boss is insanely on the PCE!! On the arcade he’s a pushover...

Last edited: