Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PCE / T-16 1CC thread

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare

I just get in the line: very impressive, indeed. The coolest aspect, though is the variety of your one credit clears, Kid Panda. The weirdness of Makyou Densetsu and PC Genjin meet the harshness of R-Type and Gradius. Even wallflowers like Kato & Ken or P-47 did make your list. This perfectly reflects, what the PCE is all about.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    I'm still having issues with the moon boss tanks. I have noticed something though, I can't tell if it's just me, but if I die where they are, when I respawn, the next time I fight them they don't have nearly the same amount of hit points.
    Fuck those things are awful, I spammed two bombs as soon as they activate. Another part that was rough is stage 7 where all those damn spider /crawlers snipers appear. They are throughout the whole stage but one particular area there is a ton of them. That part use to get me until I finally got lucky. What weapon selections are you using?
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Hurry take the quick survey here on NG.com to find out now! All winners will receive a free prize from our very own "Judge Dredd".

Quote Originally Posted by MCF 76 View Post
    Fuck those things are awful, I spammed two bombs as soon as they activate. Another part that was rough is stage 7 where all those damn spider /crawlers snipers appear. They are throughout the whole stage but one particular area there is a ton of them. That part use to get me until I finally got lucky. What weapon selections are you using?
    Red with homing missles, anything else is suicide. If you use the blue laser even on the first level the bullets double in speed. No thanks. And I did find out, yes, bosses have more health if you are powered up as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Duck King's DJ

Red with homing missles, anything else is suicide. If you use the blue laser even on the first level the bullets double in speed. No thanks. And I did find out, yes, bosses have more health if you are powered up as well.
    Yeah thats what weapons i used to do it. Ha I found out real quick on the blue laser & bullet speed lol. I didn't really notice it until stage 3 boss, that thing tore me a new one with the laser. I remember I accidentally on stage 8 picked up the damn "M" instead of "H" it almost finished my run. You and i both know you half to have the homing to somewhat control the popcorn it's essential especially on stage 7.

What sucks if you die in like stage 6 or 7 it's so damn hard to recover, well it was for me anyway.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Hurry take the quick survey here on NG.com to find out now! All winners will receive a free prize from our very own "Judge Dredd".

And 1LC on Raiden is done.
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Duck King's DJ

And 1LC on Raiden is done.
    Hell yeah, congrats brotha!
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Quote Originally Posted by MCF 76 View Post
    Hell yeah, congrats brotha!
    Thanks! I did some of the second loop and made it to stage 3, all enemies are like if you have blue shot now. Ugggh, I think I'm done lol.

Well started on Image Fight tonight. That third boss can fuck off. I'm never playing this game ever again.

New Challenger

Well started on Image Fight tonight. That third boss can fuck off. I'm never playing this game ever again.
    Hey, don’t give up so easily!, geez There is a safe spot at the top right hand corner, and when positioned with your pods firing left you can make short work of this boss in a few seconds.

Here’s a 1-life replay I made a while back showing you what I mean. Use the background graphics as a marker.

@6:37 https://youtu.be/QdPreeaM6v4

My 2D Videogame Replays
    http://www.youtube.com/exmosquito

I was wondering if there was a safe spot cause, ugggh that boss is the worst. I went ahead and played something easy and got a Star Parodia clear as well.

The TFIV clear was tough and clearing the very easy Power Gate was just the right way to work it off. Sweet engrish included ;).

Power-Gate-1CC.jpg

Time Soldier

I finally cleared Cyber Cross. I think this is either the first or second PC Engine game I've ever owned.

Updated list

Gunhed
    Soldier Blade
    Side Arms
    Override (2-All)
    Ninja Spirit
    Seirei Sensei Spriggan
    Gate of Thunder
    Winds of Thunder
    Akumajou Dracula Chi no Rondo
    Kaze Kiri
    Iga Ninden Gaiou
    Ane-San
    Crest Of Wolf
    Faussete Amour
    Nexzr
    Final Soldier
    W-Ring: The Double Rings
    Cyber Cross
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 09-09-2018 at 01:59 PM.

NAM-75 Vet

Nice! How do you like Cyber Cross? I've always enjoyed the game. It's been a while though since I've given it a go. What are you going to try to clear next? Cross Wiber?

Slug Flyer Pilot

Haven't fired up the Turbo in awhile, but have 1cc'd a few games over the years.

Games I remember:

Legenday Axe
    Ninja Spirit
    Magical Chase (on Rough)
    Splatterhouse
    Y's Book 1 & 2 (Finished it all in one sitting, many times)
    Exile 1 (Finished it all in one sitting)
    Cadash
    Lords of Thunder
    Valis III
    Bonk 1
    Bonk 2
    Gradius
    Gradius 2: Gofer

I've noticed with pretty much every Gradius game, if you die you might as well quit. So I managed to beat both of those without dying.

I believe the trick to Ninja Spirit, is to hug the left wall the entire time. Been awhile.

Still haven't been able to beat R-Type or Dragon Spirit, But DS sucks balls anyway. R-Type needs to happen one of these days. I would be happy if I could just finish it.
    Last edited by greedostick; 09-10-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    I've noticed with pretty much every Gradius game, if you die you might as well quit. So I managed to beat both of those without omitting the Konami code.
    FTFY

Time Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by geise View Post
    Nice! How do you like Cyber Cross? I've always enjoyed the game. It's been a while though since I've given it a go. What are you going to try to clear next? Cross Wiber?
    I like it. The game certainly has a charm. Your character's somewhat rigid mobility can prove frustrating when having to deal with some of the more hectic enemy formations, but I'd say there is enough padding (health, power ups) in the game to compensate.

EDIT: I do own a loose Cross Wiber, not sure if I'm ready to take it on though.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 09-11-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Thread Information